Most iTunes-Pepsi bottles purchased at one time? | iLounge News

Most iTunes-Pepsi bottles purchased at one time?

picTilt. Twist. Redeem. A USC freshman takes the iTunes-Pepsi tilt to heart. “As a USC freshman, I am forced to have a meal plan. This plan gives me $2500 “dining dollars” to spend over the semester. Given that it is incredibly difficult to purchase $2500 worth of food in such a short time, I realized I could turn this “money” into free songs on iTunes by purchasing Pepsi.” This person may hold the record for most iTunes-Pepsi bottles purchased at one time for a chance to win music.

« Apple reports iPod mini audio problems “extremely small”

Students wear iPod t-shirt all month to win iPod »

Comments

When I was in college in Maryland, I never came anywhere near close using all my dining hall points, so if they didn’t automatically take them away from me every 2 weeks (and if the iTunes store existed when I was in college), I totally could have pulled something like this.

Most colleges unfortunately assume everyone eats like the average overweight American does.  At the end of the year I would just buy several cakes, bagels, etc. and freeze them and eat them throughout the following summer or more likely, just gave them away to friends.  Spending money on getting music and caffeine would have been a lot more useful.

Posted by zan on April 15, 2004 at 7:33 PM (PDT)

haha, i’m sure all of you are so damn giving to the poor and just fork over any unused food and drink you might waste.

get off your damn soap box!

Posted by dave on April 16, 2004 at 10:21 AM (PDT)

and why the hell would you give the homeless pepsi?  That’s a brilliant idea.  The homeless will take anything!

Posted by dave on April 16, 2004 at 10:23 AM (PDT)

you people are retarded.  i go to usc and these meal plans are crap.  on the one he has, he gets $2500 to spend only on food purchases on campus and anything he doesn’t use at the end of the semester automatically just DISAPPEARS…he just is using up the money he would normally do nothing with anyways.  it’s a loophole.  and he’s not wasting money…the average usc student has hundreds and hundreds left on their dining dollars accounts at the end of each semester, it’s not like he’s personally starving himself.  any usc student with the trojan meal plan, as its called, should do this.

Posted by Paul on April 16, 2004 at 2:54 PM (PDT)

“From USC’s website (http://www.usc.edu/bus-affairs/admin_serv/uscard_serv/students/meal_plans.htm), this kid’s meal plan is the most extravagant. I have an idea: If you’re not going to spend that much money, and you KNOW you’re not going to, then get a smaller meal plan, you #####.”

Think about the concept idiot. The other meal plan on the site is called the “Cardinal” for freshman living in the dorms. That gives you 10 meals a week in the crummy cafeteria food building here called EVK (EVerybody’s Kitchen) or Parkside, another crappy cafeteria-style dining. The only way you get along without poisoning yourself to death with their undercooked, underpar food is to go with the 2500$ plan, which allows you to go to places like Carl’s Jr. or Wolfgang Pucks or Jamba Juice and other fine restaurants around campus for food. I agree, 2500$ is a lot, but I’ve been under both plans and the 2500$ Trojan plan is the way to go. I’ve gotten sick from food at the cafeteria with the crummy Cardinal plan. Think about the whole picture next time, PLZ THX GBYE!)!#()*!!(~~!!!!

Posted by psxguy85 on April 16, 2004 at 5:14 PM (PDT)

How about you just sack up and eat ###### dorm food like every other college in the damn country?

Posted by Jeremy on April 16, 2004 at 5:59 PM (PDT)

Again, I point out that not everyone eats that much food, regardless of where it is from.  It’s a LOT of food!  Most people just don’t eat that much in a day/month/year.

As for giving the food to the poor (which our school had) they required your student ID number (AKA social security number) and your name and they left it on unattended sign up sheets outside the dining hall… so uh, no.

Posted by zan on April 16, 2004 at 9:55 PM (PDT)

“How about you just sack up and eat s***** dorm food like every other college in the damn country?”

how about, uh, NO.  why would we when we can get a better meal plan that lets us eat better?  we have the option, WHY NOT?

Posted by Paul on April 16, 2004 at 11:50 PM (PDT)

Because if you get the better meal plan that lets you eat better, you’ll have a thousand dollars left over.  But apparently, that’s no big deal at all!  Hence my first rant.  I win.

Posted by Jeremy on April 17, 2004 at 7:26 AM (PDT)

“Because if you get the better meal plan that lets you eat better, you’ll have a thousand dollars left over. But apparently, that’s no big deal at all! Hence my first rant. I win”

ok so first of all, it’s our fault apparently that we are able to afford the better meal plan?  oh i’m sorry, i didn’t mean to WANT TO BE ABLE TO EAT GOOD FOOD.  secondly, i’m assuming that you implying that we have too much money and wanting to eat good food rather than sucky cafeteria food implies that we are spoiled brats?  that is a horrible stereotype.  if you want to go with stereotypes, from the fact that you insist on trying to bring us down, i can possibly infer that you are a bitter man who was never able to afford what he wanted and so must bring those who can down with him to pump up his own pitiful self-esteem.  do you like THAT stereotype, eh?  and finally, john, the guy who made the website, happens to be a good friend of mine and is anything BUT one of those stereotype-fitting spoiled children who throws $100 bills around.  we are not at all like that and i would appreciate it if you would kindly stop berating us and let us enjoy the meal plans that we want.  it’s our choice.

Posted by Paul on April 17, 2004 at 8:54 AM (PDT)

I for one, am another USC student on the Trojan meal plan.  However

Posted by Rachel on April 17, 2004 at 12:23 PM (PDT)

I for one, am also a USC student on the same mean plan.  However I was able to find a more useful way to use my excess dining dollars.  I bought food and gave it to the many homeless people in the surrounding area.  I would encourage John and the rest of you to do something more wordly such as this.  These wasteful and ignorant attitudes appall me.  If we each gave a little more, think of what this world could be…

Posted by Discouraged on April 17, 2004 at 12:26 PM (PDT)

I would implore the above poster to understand the plight the music industry is in today.  You talk about “wasteful and ignorant attitudes”, yet this guy, although possibly crazy, is supporting the music and the artists.  People like you may feed homeless people, therefore giving something to somebody undeserving, but neglect to give any of your money to the musicians you listen to constantly.  I can guess you are guilty of music piracy, which not only hurts the artists, but the industry.

I believe that this gentlemen is not only crazy, but also brilliant.  I am not sure how he feels about the music industry, but at least he decided to step up to the plate and not download illegal music.  He saw that his excess dining dollars could be put to use to help reinvigorate the music industry, and bring more music into our lives.  Just imagine if we all bought music like this guy (instead of illegally downloading), how much better and more beautiful the world would be….

Posted by Dan on April 17, 2004 at 3:05 PM (PDT)

I personally do not believe in paying to download music from the internet. Irregardless of which serive you choose (itunes, napster, wal-mart music, etc.) the fact of the matter is it is a waste. You’re paying for something that is not only intangible, but of substantially lower audio quality than that of a cd. This doesn’t even begin to cover all of the restrictions that are placed on the file, etc. In any event, the majority of music I listen to is on indie labels and they are not protected by any agency that is hunting down users, etc. The fact of the matter is if I download an album and it is really good, I’ll most likely purchase it (mainly because I want higher audio quality). In any even there are many other networks out there that are safer than Kazaa.

As far as the USC student, I feel kind of bad for him. I mean it is really sad to blow wads of cash on ####### pepsi for christ sake. I’m sure he could have found a better use for the food credit instead of buying sugar water and music that is readily available and free; but this is just my two cents…not 99 cents.

Posted by J. on April 17, 2004 at 6:09 PM (PDT)

On the “tilt check” photo, does anyone else think it looks more like he’s shotgunning the bottle of Pepsi?

Must be an honors dorm… smile

Posted by dayoldbunny in DFW, TX on April 17, 2004 at 9:10 PM (PDT)

Survey time.

Beverage of choice: Dr. Pepper, Mt. Dew, Pepsi or Coke

Here’s the catch… state your age and the side of the brain you primarily function on. In other words, are you an old fart, gamer or programmer/designer?

Just curious. There’s a lot of Pepsi bashing going on, which I think is great.

Posted by survey says on April 18, 2004 at 9:02 AM (PDT)

Dan, your ignorance should embarrass you. Buying music from record labels doesn’t support the artist.

J., everyone has their own preference in music media. I happen to hate CDs because they scratch easily, hard to store and take up too much space. Not to mention, lack of portability.

Discouraged, I appreciate your heart, but I must be brutally honest. In my experience with the homeless (and this isn’t true in all cases), it’s a lifestyle. That to me is more discouraging than a couple college students actually going to college and embracing a harmless level of self-interest. But, hey, I think we need people interested in humanity. Actually, my now-girlfriend bought me meals throughout college on her meal plan. Helping poor college students is a noble cause too.

Posted by Wolf on April 18, 2004 at 9:10 AM (PDT)

The meal plan rocks! - when ur firend has it,
u can get free food from them since they can never finish it

Posted by Jack on April 18, 2004 at 9:32 AM (PDT)

oh man
thats an awesome idea!!!
im in Canada and also forced to have a damn meal plan.

im thinking about grabbing something from that caf now

Posted by Ed on April 18, 2004 at 5:33 PM (PDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3