Motorola intros new RAZR V3i phone with iTunes
Motorola on Tuesday announced the RAZR V3i, an updated version of its popular RAZR V3 mobile phone that will include iTunes and other new features. The new quad-band handset will be only the second phone with iTunes.
The RAZR V3i also features a 1.23 megapixel digital camera, microSD (TransFlash) card slot, Bluetooth, dual color screens, and an updated design with a new spun metal look. The phone will use a mini-USB stereo headset. There’s no information provided regarding music storage capacity and whether the new RAZR will be crippled with a 100-song cap like the ROKR.
The only phone currently available with iTunes is Motorola’s ROKR, which received widespread criticism for its poor design and performance. Including iTunes on the RAZR V3i will give the Apple-Motorola partnership and its mobile music initiative a much-need shot in the arm, industry experts say.
“Putting iTunes in the flagship phone shows that Motorola is committed to the partnership despite an early rough start,” Jon Gales, editor of mobile phone news site MobileTracker, told iLounge. “Many critics (including myself) chided the ROKR for decidedly plain design and aging specs. Those don’t apply with iTunes on the RAZR V3i.”
The RAZR V3i is expected to be available before the end of the year. A carrier was not announced, but is widely expected to be Cingular due to its success with the original RAZR and its ties to the promotion of the ROKR phone with iTunes. Pricing has yet to be determined and will most likely depend on the carrier.
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.2 with OS X Photos app support
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple struggling to drop price of upcoming streaming music service
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.1 update for Windows
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?