MP3 Gym announces free demo download | iLounge News

MP3 Gym announces free demo download

MP3 Gym, the world’s first audio personal trainer recorded on mp3 files, announced today that anyone with an iPod or other multi-gigabyte mp3 player can now download their free demo at http://www.mp3gym.com/demo.html The six megabyte demo includes eight exercises and an illustrated exercise routine sheet (pdf). The MP3 Gym CD-ROM with over 60 exercises and almost 200 mp3 files is only $19.95 at http://www.mp3gym.com

« A smarter playlist for iPod mini

iPod mini and audio book playback problem »

Comments

Cool idea. Too bad the music track behind the RoboCop trainer’s voice is on a 12 year time delay - it sounds like the soundtrack for an early 90’s video game which, at least to me, not only gets old REALLY fast, it’s the last thing I want to hear as a motivational device to enhance a workout. Again, cool idea, they should check out the iTunes charts and at least get a clue as to what flavor of music people are actually listening to here in the 21st century.

Posted by H Michael Karshis on February 23, 2004 at 12:31 PM (PDT)

Will the guy with the bullhorn on their web site be screaming in my ear? No thanks, not even for free.  I used my iPod this morning at the gym.  My 80’s rock mix was perfect for the elliptical trainer.

Posted by Pete LaV on February 23, 2004 at 2:16 PM (PDT)

We respect the fact that the music is not the latest and coolest music, but there are a couple issues in regard to music. Music for any product needs to be licensed from the artists. We cannot simply take someone elses’ music and use it in our product. And if we could use someone elses’ music, who says what music is right for everyone. At this time, we make the music as non-memorable as possible so you can listen to it over and over without hating it.

In the history of product development, there hasn’t been a product developed that makes everyone happy, but the MP3 Gym can definitely assist those who are serious about getting into shape for just a few bucks.

Respectfully,

Barry Smith
President
MP3 Gym

Posted by Barry Smith on February 23, 2004 at 2:46 PM (PDT)

Well, I’m sorry you’re not hearing the real consumer feedback here: some of us are specifically not buying it because the music is terrible.

Take that however you want.  Want to sell more?  License better music, or get someone to create half-decent originals.

Posted by stark23x on February 23, 2004 at 4:37 PM (PDT)

garageband to the rescue!

Posted by dfd on February 23, 2004 at 5:36 PM (PDT)

Hm, I like this. I’ll probably buy it when I get the chance as well, considering that a lot of work went into it and it’s definitely something I can find to be of use sometime. The price is very reasonable too, however, it is unfortunate that this is not immediately downloadable after purchase, at least judging by the site.

Posted by dter on February 23, 2004 at 7:02 PM (PDT)

Barry,

Is there a way for the program to play your own personal music tracks?  I own the rights to my music on my ipod, and it if could allow me to select from my own selections that would be perfect.  As it stands, the music included drives me crazy, I don’t know how you can say it is not memorable…it is somewhat annoying and makes you want to delete the entire program.

A user-defined music track would be perfect, that way you don’t have to select any music in an attempt to please the masses, and you don’t have to worry about copyrights or music rights.

I know that this will be rejected by many due to the music selection alone.  This modification can make it a blockbuster.

Posted by rbright on February 24, 2004 at 6:18 AM (PDT)

We’re currently working on a version that will allow you to listen to your own background music. Those who purchase the current version will receive the update for only the cost of shipping and handling ($5.00), otherwise MP3 Gym 2 will be priced in the neighborhood of $45 - $50.

Thank you everyone for your honest comments and suggestions.

Respectfully,

Barry Smith
President
MP3 Gym

Posted by Barry Smith on February 24, 2004 at 8:45 AM (PDT)