MultiPivot intros three new iPod cases | iLounge News

MultiPivot intros three new iPod cases

pic MultiPivot has introduced a new line of cases for the iPod market. iMod Cases are available in several styles and levels of protection. They all feature built-in MultiPivot usability enhancements such as Flip & View Belt Mode and adjustable desk and dash stand functions. The iMod Zip ($34.95) is a completely clear, soft case with access to all ports except for the dock port. The iMod Shield ($49.95) features high impact plastic and shock absorbing rubber, and access to all ports and controls. The iMod Armor ($74.95) is a hard case with aluminum exterior and protective foam interior. It offers access to headphones, remote and dock port while closed.

« Griffin offers XPress Digital Audio Cable

SwitchPod offers iPod control for disabled »

Comments

are they calling it a case? it reminds me of the first generation.

Posted by frankthetank on November 11, 2004 at 11:30 PM (CST)

It’s big, it’s bulky, and down right ugly.

Posted by maxman on November 12, 2004 at 7:18 AM (CST)

wha wha whaaat? The 3 cases they have on their site, I have seen other places. I think they are selling other people’s products. If not, they are seriously ripping other people off.

Posted by iamazero on November 12, 2004 at 8:26 AM (CST)

To frank, max and zero:

Your comments and questions are all answered at the link posted in the article:

From http://multipivot.com/imod_cases.html

“Our first three models start with existing, popular cases customized for and including MultiPivotâ„¢.”

Then on, http://multipivot.com/cases.html they mention bellagio ishield and matias armor and lajo zip by name.

If you think the shield is big and bulky, use your own case—just make sure its got about an inch and 1/2 square flat on the back for the fastener, or try the zip or armor styles. They should be able to offer a lot more cases soon I hope.

I like the look of the shield myself, but then i’m more into things working right. maybe you want to waste a hand holding your ipod and dancing around in the dark like their ads.

I’m waiting for mine and looking forward to the “flipandview” feature and the extender so i can consolidate with my treo.

Steve Dyson

Posted by Steve Dyson on November 12, 2004 at 4:08 PM (CST)

steve,
no offense. however, I think most customers are looking forward to a case that can provide good protection while add less bulkiness. The idea of being fully protective but being quite bulky reduces the beauty and portability of the ipod.

Posted by frankthetank on November 12, 2004 at 10:48 PM (CST)

Hi Frank,

I still don’t think you get it. I guess their site isn’t totally clear about the multipivot being removeable.

iMod Cases are not just the one in the picture.

If you want a light, clear case, you can go with the imod zip, and only use the multipivot for your desk and car stand. But the belt flip up looks like its most appealing feature to me, even if the multipivot adds a couple ounces.

I’m getting a black one—they have red, green, gold, silver too.

Steve

Posted by Steve Dyson on November 13, 2004 at 3:49 AM (CST)