Music legend Johnny Cash dead at 71 | iLounge News

Music legend Johnny Cash dead at 71

The ‘Man in Black’ Johnny Cash has died at the age of 71 due to complications from diabetes at Baptist Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee.

“Perhaps the most widely recognized voice in country music, Cash recorded more than 1,500 songs. His career spanned more than four decades with trademark hits like ‘A Boy Named Sue,’ ‘Folsom Prison Blues,’ ‘Ring of Fire’ and ‘I Walk the Line.’”

Editor’s note: It was only two weeks ago that I had downloaded several Johnny Cash albums from the iTunes Music Store. Rest in peace Johnny Cash, you’ll be missed.

« CNET: More Beatles vs. Apple

Mac: iVolume 1.2 Released »

Comments

John Ritter also died… Has been a bad day.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on September 12, 2003 at 12:40 PM (CDT)

May he rest in peace.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on September 12, 2003 at 12:43 PM (CDT)

I great man who sang with such conviction and humanity.  I am thankful for his music, rest in peace Man in Black.  Godspeed.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on September 12, 2003 at 1:08 PM (CDT)

Truly an American Icon
R.I.P.
Johnny Cash

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on September 12, 2003 at 3:41 PM (CDT)

Yesterday I happen to listened and watched JC’s “Hurt” video (a cover of NIN) at work, so powerful it’s a must see! >> http://www.markromanek.com/video/14.html

And when I got home and heard the news my heart skipped a beat… RIP JC

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on September 12, 2003 at 6:05 PM (CDT)

truly a great

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on September 12, 2003 at 9:29 PM (CDT)