Myvu ships Crystal, Shades video eyewear
Myvu Corporation has announced that it is now shipping its new Myvu Crystal and Myvu Shades video eyewear. Both new viewers feature Kopin’s CyberDisplay technology, offering the highest pixel density and the sharpest resolution for its size, a rechargeable battery with up to 10 hours of viewing time for Shades and up to four hours of viewing time for Crystal, and earbuds from Ultimate Ears. Myvu Crystal also offers VGA quality resolution and a 35% increase in the field of view over previous Myvu models, and sells for $300.
In a partnership with INNO Design, renowned designer Young Kim worked on the Myvu Shades, giving them a unique glance-down sunglass-inspired design that allows viewers to keep aware of their surroundings. Shades also offers 320x240 resolution, and sells for $200. “The market for mobile content is exploding, yet the small screen dilemma remains,” said Kip Kokinakis, president and CEO of Myvu Corporation. “Myvu Crystal and Shades solve this problem by offering a lightweight portable media viewer that lets consumers watch their favorite videos anywhere on Myvu’s vivid virtual and full-sized screen.” For more information on the eyewear, read our review of the Myvu Crystal and Myvu Shades.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015