Myvu’s Crystal, Shades video eyewear revealed
Myvu Corporation has introduced its new generation of personal media viewers with the new myvu shades and myvu crystal video eyewear. Both new viewers feature Kopin’s CyberDisplay technology, offering the highest pixel density and the sharpest resolution for its size, a rechargeable battery with up to 10 hours of viewing time for shades and up to four hours of viewing time for crystal, and earbuds from Ultimate Ears. In a partnership with INNO Design, renowned designer Young Kim worked on the myvu shades, giving them a unique glance-down sunglass-inspired design that allows viewers to keep aware of their surroundings, and provides a “broad and unobstructed field of view that enables new applications and uses that were not possible before.”
Myvu crystal offers VGA quality resolution, a 35% increase in the field of view over existing myvu models and a design that “retains the appearance of a delicate, elegant pair of high-end eyeglasses.” “We’re taking video-on-the-go from techno-geek to techno-chic, crossing age and gender barriers,” said Kip Kokinakis, president and CEO of Myvu Corporation. “Our new line brings together world leaders in design and function. We’re honored to have worked with Young Kim of INNO on the design for shades. Likewise, with Kopin we have developed a very strong relationship that provides customers with the highest resolution and quality. Now virtually anyone can enjoy high quality mobile entertainment with style.” Myvu shades will be available in January and will sell for $200; myvu crystal is expected to ship in the spring and will sell for $300.
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- App Store prices going up in Australia, Indonesia and Sweden
- Apple’s antitrust monitor is leaving for good
- Happy Columbus Day + Canadian Thanksgiving!
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?