Myvu’s Crystal, Shades video eyewear revealed
Myvu Corporation has introduced its new generation of personal media viewers with the new myvu shades and myvu crystal video eyewear. Both new viewers feature Kopin’s CyberDisplay technology, offering the highest pixel density and the sharpest resolution for its size, a rechargeable battery with up to 10 hours of viewing time for shades and up to four hours of viewing time for crystal, and earbuds from Ultimate Ears. In a partnership with INNO Design, renowned designer Young Kim worked on the myvu shades, giving them a unique glance-down sunglass-inspired design that allows viewers to keep aware of their surroundings, and provides a “broad and unobstructed field of view that enables new applications and uses that were not possible before.”
Myvu crystal offers VGA quality resolution, a 35% increase in the field of view over existing myvu models and a design that “retains the appearance of a delicate, elegant pair of high-end eyeglasses.” “We’re taking video-on-the-go from techno-geek to techno-chic, crossing age and gender barriers,” said Kip Kokinakis, president and CEO of Myvu Corporation. “Our new line brings together world leaders in design and function. We’re honored to have worked with Young Kim of INNO on the design for shades. Likewise, with Kopin we have developed a very strong relationship that provides customers with the highest resolution and quality. Now virtually anyone can enjoy high quality mobile entertainment with style.” Myvu shades will be available in January and will sell for $200; myvu crystal is expected to ship in the spring and will sell for $300.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?