Myvu’s Crystal, Shades video eyewear revealed
Myvu Corporation has introduced its new generation of personal media viewers with the new myvu shades and myvu crystal video eyewear. Both new viewers feature Kopin’s CyberDisplay technology, offering the highest pixel density and the sharpest resolution for its size, a rechargeable battery with up to 10 hours of viewing time for shades and up to four hours of viewing time for crystal, and earbuds from Ultimate Ears. In a partnership with INNO Design, renowned designer Young Kim worked on the myvu shades, giving them a unique glance-down sunglass-inspired design that allows viewers to keep aware of their surroundings, and provides a “broad and unobstructed field of view that enables new applications and uses that were not possible before.”
Myvu crystal offers VGA quality resolution, a 35% increase in the field of view over existing myvu models and a design that “retains the appearance of a delicate, elegant pair of high-end eyeglasses.” “We’re taking video-on-the-go from techno-geek to techno-chic, crossing age and gender barriers,” said Kip Kokinakis, president and CEO of Myvu Corporation. “Our new line brings together world leaders in design and function. We’re honored to have worked with Young Kim of INNO on the design for shades. Likewise, with Kopin we have developed a very strong relationship that provides customers with the highest resolution and quality. Now virtually anyone can enjoy high quality mobile entertainment with style.” Myvu shades will be available in January and will sell for $200; myvu crystal is expected to ship in the spring and will sell for $300.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?