Myvu’s Crystal, Shades video eyewear revealed
Myvu Corporation has introduced its new generation of personal media viewers with the new myvu shades and myvu crystal video eyewear. Both new viewers feature Kopin’s CyberDisplay technology, offering the highest pixel density and the sharpest resolution for its size, a rechargeable battery with up to 10 hours of viewing time for shades and up to four hours of viewing time for crystal, and earbuds from Ultimate Ears. In a partnership with INNO Design, renowned designer Young Kim worked on the myvu shades, giving them a unique glance-down sunglass-inspired design that allows viewers to keep aware of their surroundings, and provides a “broad and unobstructed field of view that enables new applications and uses that were not possible before.”
Myvu crystal offers VGA quality resolution, a 35% increase in the field of view over existing myvu models and a design that “retains the appearance of a delicate, elegant pair of high-end eyeglasses.” “We’re taking video-on-the-go from techno-geek to techno-chic, crossing age and gender barriers,” said Kip Kokinakis, president and CEO of Myvu Corporation. “Our new line brings together world leaders in design and function. We’re honored to have worked with Young Kim of INNO on the design for shades. Likewise, with Kopin we have developed a very strong relationship that provides customers with the highest resolution and quality. Now virtually anyone can enjoy high quality mobile entertainment with style.” Myvu shades will be available in January and will sell for $200; myvu crystal is expected to ship in the spring and will sell for $300.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?