Natural hemp iPod case announced | iLounge News

Natural hemp iPod case announced

imageHotRomz.com has introduced a 100% organic natural hemp iPod case. It’s available for the 3G/4G iPod ($34.95) and iPod mini ($29.95) in eight naturally-dyed colors.

“Industrial hemp fiber is making a huge comeback and can now be found legally in the United States in clothing, bags, fabric, soaps, shampoos, cosmetics, and many more products. The world’s first all natural hemp iPod cases are environmentally friendly and colorized with only natural dyes and are found through HotRomz. The green-conscious iPod owner can now encase their iPod without worrying about the impact their case might have on the world’s pollution and environment and still enjoy a really cool case.”

Also offered is a hemp blend case (natural hemp blended with wool) for the iPod ($24.95) and iPod mini ($19.95) that comes in six colors.

« Apple offers 30 free songs with AirPort Express

EarphoneSolutions, Matias cut prices »

Comments

Is it just me, or is the rest of the ipod-owning world really stupid enough to pay for accessories and “cases” that people wouldn’t usually even look at, but because they spent such a big chunk of cash on their ipod, willingly throw even more money on way overpriced crap that claim to be “cool and unique”.

It must be, because the torrent of crap products JUST DOESN’T STOP.

If you really have that much money to spend on old sackcloth, please, send some to me.

Posted by mrbons on May 3, 2005 at 10:46 AM (PDT)

that looks like it will scratch my ipod

Posted by Exvicious in Schaumburg, IL on May 3, 2005 at 10:57 AM (PDT)

Yeah…man.

Posted by KBrew in NJ on May 3, 2005 at 11:47 AM (PDT)

I don’t have enough Dead on my iPod to warrant a case like this.

Posted by PushButtonAction in Atlanta, GA on May 3, 2005 at 11:59 AM (PDT)

hemp is really soft if you break it in.
it’d be double sweet if we could get a pocket on that thing.

Posted by DerekJ in Iowa City, IA on May 3, 2005 at 12:06 PM (PDT)

Nothing SCREAMS I am a pot smoker more than hemp products.

I know, I know: weed and hemp as a material don’t have in common, but look at the people who work and shop at those HEMP stores.

I guess, it comes down to making a statement, just like other iPod cases: look at me, I’m rich because I have a $200 Louis Vuitton case, or look at me, I’m a pothead, ‘cause I got me a $35 burlap sack for my iPod.

Posted by P. Couture on May 3, 2005 at 2:18 PM (PDT)

Q: What did the Grateful Dead fan say when he ran out of pot?

A: “Man, this music sucks!”

Posted by PushButtonAction in Atlanta, GA on May 3, 2005 at 2:36 PM (PDT)

This is too funny, so funny I nearly wee’d me pants! Does it come with a fire extinguisher system? Seriously, the iPod fad is becoming just that—a bloody fad, with some seriously high levels of stupidity. Next we’ll see an iPod crafts book where this accessory belongs. “Hey kids, today we are making a hemp iPod bag, so gather around for the your material supplies. Now Tommy stop playing with your hemp and be like the other children.”

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on May 3, 2005 at 7:06 PM (PDT)

Great!!! An ipod sock made out of Weed!! My dream come true!!

Posted by LupinIII in Illinois on May 3, 2005 at 8:50 PM (PDT)

Is it me, or are these cases getting worse and worse?

First, we had all sorts of professional metal, plastic, rubber, and Neoprene rugged cases. Then, came all sorts of fabric cases. Next were those silly hand-made felt cases and socks. Now we have hemp? Are we going to get cardboard cases next? Or hay?

Posted by JPack on May 4, 2005 at 3:07 AM (PDT)

damn hippies…

wink

Posted by apple juice in USA on May 4, 2005 at 8:41 AM (PDT)

hmmm—-I was going to get one for my brother but I did not think if it scratching the player until one of the above posts….anyone have this?  will it scratch the player? thanks

Posted by angelearz66 on May 4, 2005 at 9:45 AM (PDT)

It won’t scratch your iPod, but it will turn the screen red and bloodshot.

Posted by PushButtonAction in Atlanta, GA on May 4, 2005 at 10:41 AM (PDT)

$34 for a Hemp case? Are they f***ing high? I’m sorry but all pot jokes aside that’s a total ripoff.

Posted by mesostinky on May 4, 2005 at 7:11 PM (PDT)

JPack, Google cardboard iPod case, you’ll find ‘em.

In the meantime, how ‘bout a case made from a milk jug?

Posted by P. Couture on May 5, 2005 at 8:58 AM (PDT)

You’d rather pay $30 for a piece of plastic? I saw a Shuffle “case” somewhere that was $30 and it was a tiny little piece of plastic the size of a damn stick of gum. I looked at that site for the hemp case and at least its all hand made and some of her stuff is really crazy and its better than the plastic crap made in china. The hotromz stuff is creative and that’s cool by me. You folks are real stick in the muds, lighten up. The whole apple esthetic was to “be different”.  I don’t know about you, but I see tons of plastic and silicone cases out there its really cool to see someone taking off and running with some CREATIVITY with all this stuff for a change.

Posted by ipodfanaticnow on May 5, 2005 at 3:22 PM (PDT)

ipodfanaticnow,

I respect your opinion and even agree with some of it…now please “don’t bogart that” and “pass it over to me” will ya?

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on May 5, 2005 at 10:08 PM (PDT)

i make hemp jewelry (anklets, bracelets, chokers, etc.) and after you break them in they get soft (wetting them will wash out the hardness and get them soft fast. if you are worried you could always put them in a skinz for added protection from falls and the bag as a holster/case… i have already made hempPod case and lined it with a soft material for when i don’t have a skinz on it

Posted by teksone in Henderson, NV on May 6, 2005 at 4:37 PM (PDT)

You’ve got it all wrong.  It’s…

What did the Dead fan say when he couldn’t find any acid?

This music sucks.

Please, if you’re going to disparage someone at least do it right.

The case seems like something trendy Yipsters would love to stick in their Jetta or Wrangler.  Doesn’t look like it’s worth 5 bucks to me.

P.S.-  One thing people don’t get about improvisational music is that it’s going somewhere but the tension is just building more subtly.  A higher level of subtlety allows a greater level of complexity and people tend to “get off” on that type of thing.  Just like the iPod it doesn’t need to be gauche to make people notice it.  It’s about the details.

Posted by gianlucapaul on June 10, 2005 at 3:35 PM (PDT)

Wow, lot’s of negative commetns here. Alot of it seems to be “Why would someone pay $35 for that?”, or simple “Damn hippies.” What alot of you may nto realize is that alot of people feel very strongly about hemp products. They want to support the use of hemp in industrial uses. Clothes, paper, wood, just about anything that you get form trees, or plants can be made from hemp, and it’s cheaper ans more efficient than most other materials. Hell, even types of gasoline can be made from hemp.
I think everyone needs to lay off the cracks about “hippies”. Give the music a chance. I knwo this isn’t the place to argue about it but…
I’ve been listening to the Grateful Dead since I was born, and have never smoked pot, done acid, etc.
Personally, I wouldn’t buy this case. But that’s because I carry my iPod naked most of the time, if not I already have a case.

Posted by kevmakara on July 1, 2005 at 11:25 AM (PDT)