NBA Playoffs, Finals coming to iTunes Music Store
The NBA and Apple have announced that remaining games from the 2006 NBA Playoffs will be available for purchase from the iTunes Music Store. Basketball fans will be able to download 15 to 20 minute recaps from games broadcast by all NBA networks—ABC, ESPN, TNT and NBATV—within 24 hours after games conclude. In addition to the game recaps for Playoffs game, iTunes users will also be able to purchase complete game replays of every Finals game the day after they air on ABC. TNT Sports will also provide more than 15 episodes of “Inside the NBA on TNT” that will feature exclusive off-camera footage and interaction between Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Ernie Johnson.
Apple said basketball fans can choose from the following options:
2006 NBA Playoffs: Follow Your Team
Fans who purchase the “Follow Your Team” option to one of the league’s eight Conference Semfinal Playoff teams will receive full game recaps of every game the team plays from the Conference Semifinals through The Finals and a season recap video for $8.99.
Inside the NBA on TNT
Fans who purchase this service will receive every episode of Inside the NBA on TNT from the Conference Semifinals through the Conference Finals including exclusive bonus segments for $8.99.
Fans who purchase a special Finals package will receive complete game replays of every game of The Finals on ABC for $5.99.
Individual Games or Episodes
Fans can also select any 15 to 20 minute full game recap, complete game replay of The Finals or Inside the NBA on TNT a la carte for $1.99. All will be available on iTunes within 24 hours after games conclude.
- Apple pressing labels for exclusive album releases
- Apple releases iTunes 11.1.5
- Apple bringing iTunes Festival to US
- AirPlay Recorder allows iTunes Radio ripping
- Apple debuts iTunes Radio in Australia
- WSJ: Apple mulls physical purchases via iTunes accounts
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone