NBA Playoffs, Finals coming to iTunes Music Store
The NBA and Apple have announced that remaining games from the 2006 NBA Playoffs will be available for purchase from the iTunes Music Store. Basketball fans will be able to download 15 to 20 minute recaps from games broadcast by all NBA networks—ABC, ESPN, TNT and NBATV—within 24 hours after games conclude. In addition to the game recaps for Playoffs game, iTunes users will also be able to purchase complete game replays of every Finals game the day after they air on ABC. TNT Sports will also provide more than 15 episodes of “Inside the NBA on TNT” that will feature exclusive off-camera footage and interaction between Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Ernie Johnson.
Apple said basketball fans can choose from the following options:
2006 NBA Playoffs: Follow Your Team
Fans who purchase the “Follow Your Team” option to one of the league’s eight Conference Semfinal Playoff teams will receive full game recaps of every game the team plays from the Conference Semifinals through The Finals and a season recap video for $8.99.
Inside the NBA on TNT
Fans who purchase this service will receive every episode of Inside the NBA on TNT from the Conference Semifinals through the Conference Finals including exclusive bonus segments for $8.99.
Fans who purchase a special Finals package will receive complete game replays of every game of The Finals on ABC for $5.99.
Individual Games or Episodes
Fans can also select any 15 to 20 minute full game recap, complete game replay of The Finals or Inside the NBA on TNT a la carte for $1.99. All will be available on iTunes within 24 hours after games conclude.
- iTunes 12 makes its first appearance with iOS-style design
- Eighth annual iTunes Festival announced
- iTunes Pass service extends to U.S., other countries
- iTunes 11.3 brings HD Extras to Mac; iTunes Extras comes to Apple TV (Update)
- Apple promoting books Amazon won’t sell
- iTunes Radio adds ESPN Radio, local NPR stations
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads