NBA Playoffs, Finals coming to iTunes Music Store
The NBA and Apple have announced that remaining games from the 2006 NBA Playoffs will be available for purchase from the iTunes Music Store. Basketball fans will be able to download 15 to 20 minute recaps from games broadcast by all NBA networks—ABC, ESPN, TNT and NBATV—within 24 hours after games conclude. In addition to the game recaps for Playoffs game, iTunes users will also be able to purchase complete game replays of every Finals game the day after they air on ABC. TNT Sports will also provide more than 15 episodes of “Inside the NBA on TNT” that will feature exclusive off-camera footage and interaction between Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Ernie Johnson.
Apple said basketball fans can choose from the following options:
2006 NBA Playoffs: Follow Your Team
Fans who purchase the “Follow Your Team” option to one of the league’s eight Conference Semfinal Playoff teams will receive full game recaps of every game the team plays from the Conference Semifinals through The Finals and a season recap video for $8.99.
Inside the NBA on TNT
Fans who purchase this service will receive every episode of Inside the NBA on TNT from the Conference Semifinals through the Conference Finals including exclusive bonus segments for $8.99.
Fans who purchase a special Finals package will receive complete game replays of every game of The Finals on ABC for $5.99.
Individual Games or Episodes
Fans can also select any 15 to 20 minute full game recap, complete game replay of The Finals or Inside the NBA on TNT a la carte for $1.99. All will be available on iTunes within 24 hours after games conclude.
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple: 33M iTunes users have accessed U2 album
- iTunes Festival channel returns to Apple TV
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Apple honors Robin Williams with webpage, iTunes section
- Apple releases iTunes 11.3.1
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: iOS 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 in simultaneous development
- French fashion retailer Colette to hold in-store Apple event
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apps of the Week: OmniFocus 2 for iPad, Transmit, Asphalt Overdrive + more
- Report: iOS 8 anti-tracking features more limited than initially publicized
- Video Review: Apple’s iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Report: Same manager in charge of iOS 8.0.1 and Apple Maps releases
- Apple releases iOS 8.0.2 (Updated)
- Apple says only nine customers have complained about bending iPhones
- Report: Apple was aware of iCloud security hole in March
- Orbotix Ollie by Sphero
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic HD
- JBL Charge 2 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 In-Ear Headphones
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Speck CandyShell, Card, Grip + Inked cases for iPhone 6
- Incipio DualPro Shine, Edge for iPhone 6 + NGP for iPhone 6 Plus
- PureGear DualTek Extreme Shock Case, HIP Case+ and Slim Shell for iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Leather and Silicone Cases
- X-Doria Defense 720 / Scene Grip / Scene Plus for iPhone 6
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels