NBC News programs now available from iTunes
NBC has announced that it is now offering a collection of news and documentary programming for purchase from the iTunes Music Store. Programming from NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC will be priced at $1.99 per download. The offerings include select NBC News and CNBC specials, “NBC News Time Capsule,” “Tom Brokaw Reports,” “Meet The Presidents with Tim Russert,” “Dateline: Crime & Punishment,” and MSNBC’s “Caught On Tape” and “Lockup.”
From NBC’s announcement:
NBC News is also showcasing some unique “Time Capsule” programs produced in a digital-only format available only on iTunes. Hosted by “NBC Nightly News” Anchor and Managing Editor Brian Williams, initial offerings include “In His Own Words” programs on both John F. Kennedy and Richard M. Nixon, featuring rare and exclusive interviews from the NBC News Archives.
“As the leading news organization on the planet, we have an incredible reach, a massive archive and a unique ability to package our material together in an iPod-friendly format,” said Williams. “We cover the world every day—this is an opportunity for our viewers to carry it around in the palm of their hand.”
Other highlights from NBC News on iTunes include Williams’ first-person account of covering Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath; Tom Brokaw’s “Greatest Generation” reports—three programs that served as companions to his best-selling books; and “Meet the Press” moderator Tim Russert’s “Meet the Presidents” series: complete episodes of “Meet the Press,” available for the first time and including special new introductions from Russert.
NBC News programming has already found a successful home on iTunes with its many podcasts. Over the past eleven months, an average of 500,000 customers per month have downloaded NBC News audio podcasts, a number that continues to increase each month. This newest video offering at iTunes continues NBC News’ leadership in digital media. NBC News content is featured prominently on its joint venture website MSNBC.COM, on the industry-leading NBC Mobile service and on NBC News Radio.
- iTunes Festival channel returns to Apple TV
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Apple honors Robin Williams with webpage, iTunes section
- Apple releases iTunes 11.3.1
- iTunes 12 makes its first appearance with iOS-style design
- Eighth annual iTunes Festival announced
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today