NBC News programs now available from iTunes
NBC has announced that it is now offering a collection of news and documentary programming for purchase from the iTunes Music Store. Programming from NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC will be priced at $1.99 per download. The offerings include select NBC News and CNBC specials, “NBC News Time Capsule,” “Tom Brokaw Reports,” “Meet The Presidents with Tim Russert,” “Dateline: Crime & Punishment,” and MSNBC’s “Caught On Tape” and “Lockup.”
From NBC’s announcement:
NBC News is also showcasing some unique “Time Capsule” programs produced in a digital-only format available only on iTunes. Hosted by “NBC Nightly News” Anchor and Managing Editor Brian Williams, initial offerings include “In His Own Words” programs on both John F. Kennedy and Richard M. Nixon, featuring rare and exclusive interviews from the NBC News Archives.
“As the leading news organization on the planet, we have an incredible reach, a massive archive and a unique ability to package our material together in an iPod-friendly format,” said Williams. “We cover the world every day—this is an opportunity for our viewers to carry it around in the palm of their hand.”
Other highlights from NBC News on iTunes include Williams’ first-person account of covering Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath; Tom Brokaw’s “Greatest Generation” reports—three programs that served as companions to his best-selling books; and “Meet the Press” moderator Tim Russert’s “Meet the Presidents” series: complete episodes of “Meet the Press,” available for the first time and including special new introductions from Russert.
NBC News programming has already found a successful home on iTunes with its many podcasts. Over the past eleven months, an average of 500,000 customers per month have downloaded NBC News audio podcasts, a number that continues to increase each month. This newest video offering at iTunes continues NBC News’ leadership in digital media. NBC News content is featured prominently on its joint venture website MSNBC.COM, on the industry-leading NBC Mobile service and on NBC News Radio.
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Judge voids $532.9M ruling against Apple
- Apple aims to bring back Home Sharing for music in iOS 9
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Apple Music allows for offline listening, lacks complete iTunes library for streaming
- Report: Apple aiming for 100 million Apple Music users
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?