NBC News programs now available from iTunes
NBC has announced that it is now offering a collection of news and documentary programming for purchase from the iTunes Music Store. Programming from NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC will be priced at $1.99 per download. The offerings include select NBC News and CNBC specials, “NBC News Time Capsule,” “Tom Brokaw Reports,” “Meet The Presidents with Tim Russert,” “Dateline: Crime & Punishment,” and MSNBC’s “Caught On Tape” and “Lockup.”
From NBC’s announcement:
NBC News is also showcasing some unique “Time Capsule” programs produced in a digital-only format available only on iTunes. Hosted by “NBC Nightly News” Anchor and Managing Editor Brian Williams, initial offerings include “In His Own Words” programs on both John F. Kennedy and Richard M. Nixon, featuring rare and exclusive interviews from the NBC News Archives.
“As the leading news organization on the planet, we have an incredible reach, a massive archive and a unique ability to package our material together in an iPod-friendly format,” said Williams. “We cover the world every day—this is an opportunity for our viewers to carry it around in the palm of their hand.”
Other highlights from NBC News on iTunes include Williams’ first-person account of covering Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath; Tom Brokaw’s “Greatest Generation” reports—three programs that served as companions to his best-selling books; and “Meet the Press” moderator Tim Russert’s “Meet the Presidents” series: complete episodes of “Meet the Press,” available for the first time and including special new introductions from Russert.
NBC News programming has already found a successful home on iTunes with its many podcasts. Over the past eleven months, an average of 500,000 customers per month have downloaded NBC News audio podcasts, a number that continues to increase each month. This newest video offering at iTunes continues NBC News’ leadership in digital media. NBC News content is featured prominently on its joint venture website MSNBC.COM, on the industry-leading NBC Mobile service and on NBC News Radio.
- Apple Music service to include social pages for artists
- Apple streaming music service to provide limited free listening options
- OpenTV sues Apple for alleged patent infringement
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.2 with OS X Photos app support
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?