nekFIT lets users wear iPod nano, shuffle around neck | iLounge News

nekFIT lets users wear iPod nano, shuffle around neck

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, October 1, 2007
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

nekFIT, Inc. has introduced the nekFIT, a new wearable case compatible with all models of iPod nano and iPod shuffle. The nekFIT is designed to hold the iPod on the back of the user’s neck, eliminating dangling wires and offering a larger range of movement compared to armband-style active iPod cases. Features include an integrated cord manager, large buttons for switching tracks, and compatibility with many silicone cases. “With more than 100 million iPods sold and upwards of 40 million used for various forms of exercise, the nekFIT gives consumers the freedom to play when working out or simply enjoying the great outdoors,” said Kurt Eldracher, inventor of the nekFIT and president of nekFIT, Inc. The nekFIT is available now and sells for $34.

« Mix: Subaru, Nokia, iFlash, Harrington

iWrap debuts covers for new iPod family »

Comments

Looks like it leaves it open for someone to steal it, or for a ton of sweat to get on it. I hope they do well, but it doesn’t look like the thing for me.

Posted by al on October 1, 2007 at 3:16 PM (PDT)

The same here. Plus, i don’t think it’s comfortable.

Posted by Joe on October 1, 2007 at 7:28 PM (PDT)

Just when I thought they could not come up with a dorkier, more ridiculous iPod-related product, they manage to surprise me. On the other hand, it’s totally convenient. See you could also clip your license and CCs in there… and when you meet say a bear in “the great outdoors” it will also LIAO and you’ll be safe! Great stuff!

Posted by Bad Beaver on October 1, 2007 at 11:13 PM (PDT)

This will look great with my new blue Nano. I don’t think anyone is going to rip it off my neck at the gym.

Posted by Susan on October 2, 2007 at 7:57 AM (PDT)

Holy crap. That’s retarded.

Posted by thelottery on October 2, 2007 at 9:09 AM (PDT)

i would buy that toilet paper dispenser dock before this, either way you’re going to get crap on your iPod

Posted by hydra-calm on October 2, 2007 at 9:21 AM (PDT)

Glad I did not read this review before I bought it.  I really like it.  I bought it for jogging.  Now I wear it regularly. Beats the hassle of the armband and those wires.  Sorry, don’t agree with you guys.  I guess it’s try it - you’ll like it.  At least, for me.

Posted by Jamie Rocket on October 31, 2007 at 7:56 AM (PDT)

I gotta admit it does look funky. I was skeptical when I bought it. If anyone remembers the Steve Martin movie “The Jerk” you will get a laugh out of that. Being a runner I have tried many solutions, clips, arm bands, pockets, etc. I have not been happy with any of them. This device I’m happy to say works. Leaves your arms free, no wires in your way. I thought you would feel a bounce but you don’t. When you first put it on, you do feel it’s prescence on you, but that quickly goes away. I recommend it.

Posted by Michael DiBartolo on November 12, 2007 at 10:43 AM (PDT)

Hey, those comments up top really missed the mark.  Tried it based on a friend’s reco.

Man, this is cool.  It works and sorry to say, there is nothing weird about it.  I know wear it whenever I listen to my iPod.

It is really comfortable and no one’s I’m wearing it.

And there is no sweat problem - something I had with my armband.

I’m an armband convert.

Posted by Working Jack on December 20, 2007 at 9:32 AM (PDT)

Hey, I was browsing around and came across this.  I saw this product at MacWorld.  Saw the demo. Bought one.  man this is great.  I try to work out and stay in shape.  This makes it easy.  No wires to get in the way.  Listen to my tunes. Doesn’t fall off.  Finding all find of uses for it.  Not weird but practical.

Posted by Dad trying on February 11, 2009 at 7:38 AM (PDT)