Neo Car Audio releases Neo iON Car Kit | iLounge News

Neo Car Audio releases Neo iON Car Kit

The Neo iON provides direct connection to most factory and aftermarket car stereos. When connected your car stereo buttons will control the iPod, the iPod battery will charge, and the sound will play from your car stereo speakers. The adapter includes a 11.5’ (3.5M) cable that plugs directly into the iPod. The other side of this cable plugs into the CD changer port on the back of the car stereo – there is no FM modulation. Once the cable is plugged in your car will charge and power your iPod, as well as control it (Next/Previous track, FF/RW) using your car stereos existing buttons (steering wheel controls if you have them). The New iON Car Kit is compatible with 3G/4G iPod and iPod mini. The Neo iON retails for $189.

« Mac/Windows: Pod Secret 1.0 released

P. Diddy unveils diamond-encrusted iPod+hp »

Comments

this looks like the perfect solution.  is there a price anywhere?  why hasnt this shown up until now?

Posted by sweeeet on August 30, 2004 at 11:03 AM (CDT)

Ok, this is something that has been bothering me for a little while.  “FM” (as in FM radio) stands for frequency modulation.  To say “FM modulation” is not only redundant but also incorrect.  The FM transmitters like the iTrip transmit the signal via frequency modulation.  I could go into what frequency modulation is and how it differs from amplitude modulation, but I don’t think anyone really wants to read all that.

Posted by Alden on August 30, 2004 at 11:34 AM (CDT)

Ok I read the website instructions apparently one has to choose a playlist then the radio can control forward and back. Does the BMW hookup allow the changing of playlists or is this always a iPod only type control?

Posted by richmds in Los Angeles on August 30, 2004 at 12:12 PM (CDT)

Alpine’s KCA-420i (http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/leading_technology/leading_tech_kca-420i.htm) has a more improved link between the iPod and head unit. With their “ai-net” connection, it can retrieve and display track names, and other information. A tad bit of a better version than the Neo iON.

Posted by Zac on August 30, 2004 at 12:13 PM (CDT)

i bought the aux pod from pac audio and had it installed for 300 dollars including tax. it sells for 189 but after installation and taxes and cables its close to 300. but its a direct line aux input and works the same. i have a scion xb but it did not change the tracks from my radio as advertised. otherwise im happy to have cd sound for my 17000 songs, 4000 on my 40g ipod at 320 aac. im pleased with the quality…

Posted by steve jobs on August 30, 2004 at 12:28 PM (CDT)

steve jobs ha imposter

Posted by mike on August 30, 2004 at 12:32 PM (CDT)

Very cool. Except my Volvo S80 T6 is not on their list.

Posted by Gary Young on August 30, 2004 at 1:51 PM (CDT)

as soon as anyone has a price, post an example…!  gonna tell a few people!

this is better than my setup…..

Posted by mvague on August 30, 2004 at 2:18 PM (CDT)

This is such a nice product. I would definityely get it but it doesn’t work for the 2004 honda accord.

Posted by engroll918 on August 30, 2004 at 2:45 PM (CDT)

$189 is the price and they dont have my Pioneer Premiere head unit as compatible just yet.  I am on their notification list for my unit tho.

Posted by Dale on August 30, 2004 at 3:07 PM (CDT)

Give Neo Car Audio a call if you do not have a vehicle on the guide, I know they have one for the 04’ Accord.

I have the Neo iON and it works great - very happy with it. Probably the best purchase I’ve made since the iPod itself!

No more terrible FM signals.

Posted by Jason on August 30, 2004 at 3:08 PM (CDT)

Forgot to mention, I got mine at www.carplayer.com since I didnt have a local dealer.

Posted by Jason on August 30, 2004 at 3:12 PM (CDT)

I wish they had one for my 04 Frontier.  I would buy that in a second.

I called em and they dont have one yet, but will be working on more vehicles

Posted by bummer on August 30, 2004 at 5:05 PM (CDT)

I just ordered one for my aftermarket Kenwood deck.  I’ll post how it turns out.

Posted by dethbrakr on August 30, 2004 at 5:22 PM (CDT)

Does any of the track info show up on your head unit?

Posted by mScot on August 30, 2004 at 5:55 PM (CDT)

Overpriced. Shouldn’t cost more than $99.99. I have generic CD changer aux adapter and it cost about $80 and works for any audio device with mini-output. Sik Imp (charger and line-in) will cost you $30 more. This thing is cleaner and supports audio unit controls though, but still way too expensive.

Posted by Ipod on August 30, 2004 at 5:58 PM (CDT)

Ah, I just found this on the Web site:

“Neither solution displays artist/track information on the car stereo.”

I’ll wait until someone can get the integration right. $200 is too much money for what you’re getting.

Posted by mScot on August 30, 2004 at 6:25 PM (CDT)

I called today and complained I was in college and had no money etc..etc…... after being transferred around a few times I was told not to let anyone know, but there is going to be a sale at the end of this week starting Friday.

The guy (who I think worked in the warehouse only) said everyone in the company was going on vacation together and no phone calls would be answered during the sale, but the adapters will be sold AT COST during that time to help create a buzz before the holiday.

He couldnt tell me how much it would be, but he said it may be less than $100 and limited to the first 100 orders.

Just a little heads up everyone…

Posted by BlueBird on August 30, 2004 at 8:21 PM (CDT)

bluebird,

which distributer told you? I didntthink you could buy from the manufac. direct

Posted by brent on August 30, 2004 at 8:26 PM (CDT)

yay for starving college students!  ha.  I’ll be pretty upset if they go on sale for $100 lower than what I paid.  I agree that $200 is a bit much, but so was $500 for the iPod in the first place.  The 5-gens had best have the dock connector :)

Posted by dethbrakr on August 30, 2004 at 11:53 PM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >