Neo Car Audio releases Neo iON Car Kit | iLounge News

Neo Car Audio releases Neo iON Car Kit

The Neo iON provides direct connection to most factory and aftermarket car stereos. When connected your car stereo buttons will control the iPod, the iPod battery will charge, and the sound will play from your car stereo speakers. The adapter includes a 11.5’ (3.5M) cable that plugs directly into the iPod. The other side of this cable plugs into the CD changer port on the back of the car stereo – there is no FM modulation. Once the cable is plugged in your car will charge and power your iPod, as well as control it (Next/Previous track, FF/RW) using your car stereos existing buttons (steering wheel controls if you have them). The New iON Car Kit is compatible with 3G/4G iPod and iPod mini. The Neo iON retails for $189.

« Mac/Windows: Pod Secret 1.0 released

P. Diddy unveils diamond-encrusted iPod+hp »

Comments

Hey Ipod,
Where did you get the generic Cd changer adapter? I need a cheap and cheerful non-invasive solution as I have a company car.

Posted by slacker_jim in Ireland on August 31, 2004 at 3:45 AM (CDT)

It was when I called www.mp3yourcar.com

Posted by BlueBird on August 31, 2004 at 10:45 AM (CDT)

if no one is going to answer the phone, how can we order the product?

Posted by mscot on August 31, 2004 at 11:11 AM (CDT)

slacker_jim, check www.pie.net There are others who make such adapters too. This topic discussed may times in forums here - try search.

Posted by Ipod on August 31, 2004 at 11:12 AM (CDT)

doh! nevermind. I’ll check the site! thanks for the tip.

Posted by mscot on August 31, 2004 at 11:12 AM (CDT)

Well, Bluebird was obviously full of shit. No price changes are reflected anywhere on the site. I went through the ordering process right up until the end and it said 189 the whole way. Entirely too much IMO.

Posted by mscot on September 3, 2004 at 2:43 PM (CDT)

Me too. No sale.

Posted by agentkow on September 3, 2004 at 3:29 PM (CDT)

Have you noticed that the AUX-Pod and the Neo iON looks EXACTLY the same except for a grey name plate on the AUX-Pod?  I wonder if they are just distributers of the product and if so I wonder where it can be purchased closer to cost?

Posted by Unten44 on September 9, 2004 at 3:05 PM (CDT)

Since this is what I wanted (except it doest do wlan sync ;-) I got one for my Audi RS4. Installation was easy, you loose your cd changer if you have one. With my installation sound quality was excellent, ability to adjust volume, skip songs and albums worked just fine - but the display of the Nav/Radio does not shot the correct track number and time. Service seems, lets say, overworked, I didn’t get a reply to my compaints. Anyway - best generic solution I came by - just a little too expensive..

Pics of my installation are at http://www.synapps.de/gallery/

Posted by rafbuff on September 9, 2004 at 4:41 PM (CDT)

COULD YOU TELL ME IF THE Neo iON - iPod Car Kit WILL WORK WITH THE MERCEDES A CLASS IN THE UK, I TRIED TO EMAIL NEO ION BUT THEY GAVE ME NO RESPONSE. I AM RESIDENT IN THE UK SO I CANNOT CALL THEM. THANKS

Posted by hollandjules on January 30, 2005 at 11:33 AM (CST)

does anyone know if the neo ion car adapter works with a Panasonic CQ-C8300U aftermarket headunit, and if so, does it display track name and artist on the headunit itself?

Posted by jmoney on September 2, 2005 at 7:12 PM (CDT)

not to throw cold water on this device but at almost $200, would it be almost cost effective to buy a newer stereo at a discounted warehouse that already has the ipod input.  i don’t think this would give you direct access from the buttons on the stereo, but it would be a direct hookup.

Posted by dr. ron gallegos on November 20, 2007 at 12:07 AM (CST)

why does my ipod nano freezing

Posted by nande on March 15, 2008 at 10:33 AM (CDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2