Netflix app updated with iPhone, iPod touch support | iLounge News

Netflix app updated with iPhone, iPod touch support

Netflix has released version 1.1.0 of its iOS application, adding support for the iPhone and iPod touch. Released for the iPad in April, the Netflix app allows qualifying subscribers to “instantly” stream movies and TV shows over Wi-Fi or 3G connections, resume watching where they left off on their TV, computer, or other device, browse movies, and manage their instant queues. Netflix version 1.1.0 for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad is available now as a free download from the App Store.

« HTC files counterclaims to Apple patent suit

Mach 3 Composites debuts Carbon Fiber case for iPad »

Comments

From Netflix Help section…

Q: Can I manage my DVD queue from my iPhone?
A: No. To manage your DVD queue from your iPhone, you can visit http://www.netflix.com from Safari on your iPhone or download one of several Netflix queue management apps from the iPhone app store. 3rd Party apps are not supported by Netflix.

This needs to be the first thing they fix.

Posted by Alden Wilkins on August 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM (CDT)

SWEET! About time this is released for the iPhone. I jsut downloaded it and resumed a TV show I was watching last week. The picture quality looks pretty good on my iPhone 4. Thanks NetFlix.

Posted by Jim on August 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM (CDT)

No matter what I do all I get is a blank white screen! I have tried re-instaling it, rebooting, and a hard reset, all to no avail. I’m using a 3rd gen 8gb iPod touch, with ios4. If anyone has any news of an update or knows how to fix please help!

Posted by Donovan on August 27, 2010 at 3:30 PM (CDT)

I’m hoping this means I can use my iPod Touch like a Roku box via home Wi-Fi (I already have a set of RCA cables to watch YouTube and other iPod movies on the TV, and do Pandora over home stereo speakers).

Thanks Netflix!

Posted by Bob on August 31, 2010 at 10:33 AM (CDT)

Donovan, You need to reset your iPod clock to the correct time.  Exactly the correct time.  reset and relaunch.  Hope this helps.

Posted by Justin on September 1, 2010 at 10:14 PM (CDT)

the first thing they need to fix is the streaming! my iphone 4 has full bars and on 3g network and it skips every 3 seconds this is not good.  if anyone has suggestions other than wifi please assist us.

Posted by Hairymexican on September 3, 2010 at 9:29 AM (CDT)

Does the app for the iPod support video out? It doesn’t work with mine. If it doesn’t are there any plans for Apple to update it like they did for the iPad? I don’t care about streaming on the device. I’d rather have something totally portable I can move around the house. Did Apple opt not to add that feature because of the new Apple TV?

Posted by Susan on September 30, 2010 at 4:44 PM (CDT)

I try to use the iPod Touch 3rd Gen 8gb Netflix app but it freezes during anything that I try to watch and I have to reset the app every time. It is very annoying. Anyone know of a fix for this yet? I have already tried emailing Netflix about it but they have yet to get back to me of course. Can’t wait until they come out with the Android app, hopefully that will be better.

Posted by Krystle on October 26, 2010 at 10:21 AM (CDT)

I’m unable to view movies. When I go through my que I select a movie hit play it starts to load then returns me to the movie page to hit play again and again but nothing works. I have a 3rd gen iPod touch. The app worked last week before I updated to the ios4 now it doesn’t work. I’ve tried resetting all my settings I’ve even removed just about every other app fearing that I’m using up to much ram. Still nothing works I’ve done everything except blow the whole damn thing away and start over. Any tips?

Posted by Drew on December 6, 2010 at 2:48 PM (CST)

Same problem as Drew here. The app returns to the list screen after momentarily attempting to run a movie every time the ‘Play’ button is used.

Posted by Vinay on December 10, 2010 at 7:18 AM (CST)

I have a 3rd generation ipod touch and have the netflix application downloaded on the device and it works effectively I would like to know if it will ever work when connected to the tv through cables because I am more interested in connecting it to the television than playing it on the mobile device and was very disappointed to learn that playing netflix on the tv through the device doesn’t work

Posted by Amanda on February 26, 2011 at 5:42 PM (CST)

I have a white screen everytime. I try to reload, reset the time, Turn it on & off, & It won’t work. I don’t know what else to do. Help?

Posted by Gracie on July 17, 2011 at 10:38 PM (CDT)

I got an iPod 4.2.1 and idownloadee the netflix app but I got a problem. I live in Germany and everytime I try to log on the app it tells me that I can’t use Netflix from my “region”. It’s really getting on my nerves. Any suggestions ppl???
Thx y’all.

Posted by Izzy on December 27, 2011 at 2:39 AM (CST)

when I updated to version 2.02 for my ipod touch I lost the ability to use my account simultaneously on other devices.  My family is very upset as they were enjoying the flexibility of allowing each of us to watch what they want.  Looks like its on to Hulu for us.  Pretty sneaky on Netflix’s part.

Posted by joe in nY on January 17, 2012 at 6:23 AM (CST)