Networx BeamDock offers digital iPod-to-stereo wireless audio
On the heels of Belkin’s quiet announcement of the Bluetooth-enabled iPod-to-stereo solution TuneStage, Germany’s Networx has revealed BeamDock, “the superior wireless audio solution for Apple’s iPod.” BeamDock’s iPod music transmitter resembles a thicker version of the official Apple Dock and includes a similar white receiver that connects to a stereo.
According to Networx, BeamDock’s “fully digital audio transmission… delivers the highest audio quality in a sleek elegant design,” interfacing with the Dock Connector port of current iPods, or the analog audio output ports of older iPods and non-iPod devices. The BeamDock boasts a 100-foot transmission range via 2.4GHz ISM broadcasting, built-in volume controls, full iPod-to-computer connectivity via mini USB and mini FireWire ports, and a rechargeable battery for eight hours of continuous playback when disconnected from the included power supply. Users can also switch between 14 2.4GHz channels to avoid interfering with other wireless connections and telephones. Initial BeamDock shipments are planned for late February 2005 at a price of $160.00.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards