Networx BeamDock offers digital iPod-to-stereo wireless audio
On the heels of Belkin’s quiet announcement of the Bluetooth-enabled iPod-to-stereo solution TuneStage, Germany’s Networx has revealed BeamDock, “the superior wireless audio solution for Apple’s iPod.” BeamDock’s iPod music transmitter resembles a thicker version of the official Apple Dock and includes a similar white receiver that connects to a stereo.
According to Networx, BeamDock’s “fully digital audio transmission… delivers the highest audio quality in a sleek elegant design,” interfacing with the Dock Connector port of current iPods, or the analog audio output ports of older iPods and non-iPod devices. The BeamDock boasts a 100-foot transmission range via 2.4GHz ISM broadcasting, built-in volume controls, full iPod-to-computer connectivity via mini USB and mini FireWire ports, and a rechargeable battery for eight hours of continuous playback when disconnected from the included power supply. Users can also switch between 14 2.4GHz channels to avoid interfering with other wireless connections and telephones. Initial BeamDock shipments are planned for late February 2005 at a price of $160.00.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?