New 20GB and 40GB iPods released | iLounge News

New 20GB and 40GB iPods released

Apple has released new 20 and 40GB iPods and have dropped the 15 and 30GB models from the the iPod line up. Each of the new models include Apple earphones, AC adapter, FireWire cable, PC FireWire adapter, wired remote, carrying case w/ belt clip, iPod dock and one year warranty. The 20GB costs $399 and the 40GB is $499, and joins the existing 10GB for $299.

« 15 and 30GB iPods on sale at Apple Stores

Macworld UK: iPod Smart car images »

Comments

I wish the 20GB cost $299! The 10GB costs $299 and the new 20GB costs $399. The 40GB is correctly stated as $499.

Posted by Cozzie on September 8, 2003 at 4:06 AM (PDT)

typical, bloddy typical. I just bought the 15 gig one.

Posted by stevie on September 8, 2003 at 4:09 AM (PDT)

aww man, I just bought an ipod a couple of weeks ago.

Posted by idvah on September 8, 2003 at 4:09 AM (PDT)

this is a bit annoying. i was seriously looking into getting a 15. now i’m debating getting a 20, cuase i dont want to turn around into a 60! (i bought my 2G 10 3 months early)

Posted by mhz on September 8, 2003 at 4:21 AM (PDT)

Holy cow…this is insane. I was planning on selling my 15GB soon…

Posted by mongoos150 on September 8, 2003 at 4:28 AM (PDT)

hehe. i’ve just ordered 40 gb
AND a 30 gb by accident 4 am this morning.
so. 30gb cancelled 40gb in 7-10 days HURRAH!

Posted by XiXora on September 8, 2003 at 4:34 AM (PDT)

Boys, that’s life… Just bought a 15 gig and haven’t sold my 3G 10 gig either hmmm

Posted by PodLover on September 8, 2003 at 4:36 AM (PDT)

Yeah, of course I just bought a 15G last month.  Oh well, I love it!  Don’t regret buying what you did when you did.  You’ve all been enjoying it all this time, no?

Posted by msherman on September 8, 2003 at 4:45 AM (PDT)

my 30GB is only two weeks old LOL! you can keep waiting until they hit 100GB, but i’m happy with my 30 and have been enjoying it immensely, so good luck to those that can get a 40 : )

Posted by yinyang on September 8, 2003 at 4:54 AM (PDT)

All the CD’s I have ever owned and about 60 songs from the iTunes store and I am using about half of my 15.  Not too upset!

Posted by Strepper on September 8, 2003 at 5:15 AM (PDT)

this is perfect for me!  thinking of getting the new lowest capacity 3g ipod.  So lower price!

Posted by Schiz on September 8, 2003 at 5:23 AM (PDT)

the 10 gb is still $299?

Posted by XiXora on September 8, 2003 at 6:01 AM (PDT)

Nicel size bump but no need to upgrade for me. I have a 30 and am at just under 50% right now. These sizes seem much more logical than 10, 15 and 30 in terms of price point.

Since I’ve had 3 30 gig pods go bad on me I suppose I’ll be getting a 40 with my CompUSA TAP sooner or later (even though I really hope my latest 30 works with no hitches, frankly I’m sick of the TAP schtick.)

Posted by Surf Monkey on September 8, 2003 at 6:14 AM (PDT)

When and where do all the 15gb and 30gb models in the channel go on clearance?

Best Buy, Target, etc. can’t sell them for list now that the new, higher capacity models are available at the same price point.

Posted by none given on September 8, 2003 at 6:21 AM (PDT)

Yea! That means my new 15 gig will become a collecter’s item right? It’s a special discontinued rare edition now.

Posted by farcast on September 8, 2003 at 6:24 AM (PDT)

I was going to order the 30GB model this morning and couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw 40GB for $499…..
Can’t wait for it….my 5GB one has been full for quite some time and for some reason I can’t get myself to delete any songs on it!
My problem should be solved with the massive 40GB!!!!

Expensive though…..had to pay tax….DAMN CA!!!!

Posted by Aladdin on September 8, 2003 at 6:24 AM (PDT)

Available at Amazon already:

20 GB is http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000CEORU/

40 GB is http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000CEOYI/

Posted by Shane on September 8, 2003 at 6:50 AM (PDT)

Still no recording, huh?

I think I’ll wait to get an Ipod until they release the recording Ipod (which I assume they will fairly soon since everything seems to be ready for it)...

Posted by erl on September 8, 2003 at 6:53 AM (PDT)

Is the 40Gb the same (physically) size as the 30Gb?

Posted by Scott M on September 8, 2003 at 7:23 AM (PDT)

I just bought a 30GB a few days ago at CompUSA…when will retailers have the 40GB? Days? Weeks? Months?

Posted by Matrix on September 8, 2003 at 7:27 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 6 pages  1 2 3 >  Last »