New 20GB and 40GB iPods released | iLounge News

New 20GB and 40GB iPods released

Apple has released new 20 and 40GB iPods and have dropped the 15 and 30GB models from the the iPod line up. Each of the new models include Apple earphones, AC adapter, FireWire cable, PC FireWire adapter, wired remote, carrying case w/ belt clip, iPod dock and one year warranty. The 20GB costs $399 and the 40GB is $499, and joins the existing 10GB for $299.

« 15 and 30GB iPods on sale at Apple Stores

Macworld UK: iPod Smart car images »

Comments

I’m with Spartacus, I got a 10GB 2G ipod last year in May, and recently my thoughts were moving towards the 60GB zen ‘cos that would contain my entire collection. You can’t beat the conveniece of having your entire music collection at your fingertips on the road. Today, Apple releases an even bigger capacity ipod. At this rate, there probably will be a 60GB (or maybe even bigger) ipod by summer next year.

Posted by boogie_doggie on September 8, 2003 at 4:46 PM (CDT)

I have tadmit i`m a bit dissapointed that they didn`t “bump” the battery life also. That sucks!

Posted by Unbeliever on September 8, 2003 at 5:09 PM (CDT)

Hmmm… Bought a 15GB 9 days ago from the local Apple Store.  Have 10 days to return… $40 restock fee.  Arg!  If it wasn’t worth $100 to have an extra 15GB, it probably isn’t worth $40 for 5GB.  Does stink a bit though - wish I knew this was coming.

Posted by psm0110 on September 8, 2003 at 5:31 PM (CDT)

bslenter:

Given how much effort Apple is putting into promoting the new iPod updates, this update is probably going to stand for awhile.  I’d say that now is the best time to buy.

Posted by Commodus on September 8, 2003 at 5:40 PM (CDT)

Er, correction here - Spartacus, not bslenter (forgot that the person’s name is below the post, not above).

Posted by Commodus on September 8, 2003 at 5:41 PM (CDT)

Some of you are complaining about Apple not upgrading the iPod more: This is not a new generation of iPod; this is simply a size bump. No new features or anything is being implemented. Only size bump. There will still be a G4 introduced in ‘04 (or early ‘05)

Posted by mongoos150 on September 8, 2003 at 6:02 PM (CDT)

Oh thank god I have a TAP. My 10gb 2G that I bought around christmas broke a few months ago, so i got a new 3G 10GB and due to my TAP I have $100 towards another. So, with some of that money i bought a TAP for my new friend and am waiting for a much anticipated AV ipod to trade in for.

Posted by Bob the Podder on September 8, 2003 at 6:13 PM (CDT)

Hold-on…..........DON"T buy an Ipod now!

I’ve heard that in 2010 Apple will introduce the TeraByte Ipod. No sense wasting your money now!

You guys are soooo damn silly!

You were happy with your Ipod yesterday, why not today?

Posted by Brian Fenner on September 8, 2003 at 6:46 PM (CDT)

for any australians interested, the price of the 40GB is AUS$100 LESS than the 30GB, which is probably due to the strength of the AUS $. So for $899 you can get an extra 10GB. I should be a bit piss** off given that my 30GB is only two weeks old, but I’m NOT : ) i’ve filled up about 8GB of space, and even buying 1 new CD a week, it’s going to take me quite a while to use up the space

Posted by yinyang on September 8, 2003 at 6:55 PM (CDT)

What should I do? I currently own a 10GB 2G IPOD (full to capacity), should I upgrade to the new 40gb or should I hold back? I am worried apple will release an even better IPOD in the not to distant future.

I bought one for half price new in apple! :) keep it, it’s better than the new ones (people who work on apple prefer the older model…that might right a bell). besise, wait another year, because with rio karma…eheheh ipods will improve a lot in 1 year. dont buy now, my advise (and 2nd gen was still the most solid up to date)

So does any one know if these units are what Griffin Tech was waiting for in order to release the new iTrip?
they already did! its not new…it’s the old with new adaptor to ipod.. lol just new plastic!

as for 40 gigas…I have over 200 giga collection… so… lol :P dont mind if it’s 10 or 40…I still have to pick stuff ! lol :P

Posted by Jo on September 8, 2003 at 7:06 PM (CDT)

This sucks!
I bought one a few weeks ago (15 gig) for MORE money than the 20 gig!

What the hell!

I saw on the cover of stuff or T3 magazines the next gen Ipos that plays video 50giger, with bluetooth

Posted by mconroy on September 8, 2003 at 8:21 PM (CDT)

I have a 15GB and its full. I could actually put my entire collection on a 20GB though.. so that sucks. And everyone who is using the argument “Who is going to use that much space…” or “What’s another 10GB?” just think about how you felt about hard drive sizes on your computer just a few years ago. When I bought my PC I had 12GB.. the one before it had something like 2GB. Now computers come with 100+.

Posted by digitaltrapper on September 8, 2003 at 8:22 PM (CDT)

chaulk me up on the annoyed list. i just got my 15G and regretted not getting the 30G as I filled it up within the first month. I thought 15G would be enough. I guess that’s technology today. even when you buy it the first day it comes out it gets old quick. keep on making cool products APPLE.

Posted by philldo on September 8, 2003 at 8:59 PM (CDT)

what a smack in the face to people that just bought 30/15 giggers.

Posted by ambika on September 8, 2003 at 9:57 PM (CDT)

well how else are they supposed to introduce an upgrade? .... Let everyone know “Hey guys dont buy the 15/30 ipod cus we’re gonna bring in 20/40 ipods!!!”

DUH! then they couldnt get rid of the 15/30….

SOME PEOPLE ARE SOOOO STUPID.

Posted by dasfda on September 8, 2003 at 10:02 PM (CDT)

of course they could, with advance notice, they could put the others on sale and get clear out their inventory that way, while not screwing people who just bought a 15 or 30 (like me! last saturday!).  it would be nicer, if not completely practical business-wise

Posted by shindashima on September 8, 2003 at 11:04 PM (CDT)

They didn’t have to even announce it early. They could have just dropped the price of the 15GB ones, and most people would know that something was comming up soon. And others would be happy that they got the 15GB for a cheaper price.

Posted by digitaltrapper on September 8, 2003 at 11:46 PM (CDT)

Ouch!!!! My feelings are hurt.I’ve only had this 15 GB for 2 months,and I’m feeling slightly had-If I waited a while longer,I could have gotten the newer upgrade,which has more storage space. God knows I could use it…Oh well-I guess I know what I’m getting for Christmas…

Posted by Christianicononev.2 on September 9, 2003 at 12:03 AM (CDT)

Unless they upgrade the battery, I don’t really mind.  The battery life is what keeps 3rd gen ipods from greatness.  I suspect that next year they will fix that.

Posted by eclecticchickie on September 9, 2003 at 1:29 AM (CDT)

now i`m thinking about waiting more to get an iPod. By Xmas we might get gen4!

Posted by Unbeliever on September 9, 2003 at 2:10 AM (CDT)

Page 4 of 6 pages ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >