New 2G iPod nano cases debut in iLounge Buyers’ Guide
Several new cases for the second-generation iPod nano made their debut in iLounge’s 2007 iPod Buyers’ Guide, which was released last week. Among the new cases are offerings from Marware, Pacific Design, Power Support, PDO, H20 Audio, Sena, A.B. Sutton, Sumo Cases, and Core Cases. Be sure to download the free guide to check out all of the gear, as well as exclusive reviews and feature articles.
Marware Slyder (1)
Made of crystal clear polycarbonate, the 2G nano case features a slide-down Click wheel access system and rotating Dock connector port cover. It sells for $25.
Pacific Design Molded Leather Skin (2)
The $30 leather case will come in at least three color combinations—pink/white, green/white and black/gray—and features a carabiner hook. It’s expected in early 2007.
Power Support Silicone Square Type, Round Type, and Crystal Jackets
Power Support has three protective cases coming out for the 2G nano. The Square Type ($25) is made of surgical grade silicone, the Round Type ($25) is made from rubber, and the Crystal Jacket ($20) is made from hard plastic. Each case includes Click Wheel protection, Crystal Film screen protectors, a detachable plastic clip, and a silicone Dock Connector port cover.
PDO Aluminum N2 (3)
Constructed of anodized aluminum, the case features a clear hard plastic screen protector and a silicone rubber Click Wheel guard. Three black cases will be available with black, pink, or blue Wheel covers. A silver case with a black guard will also be sold. The cases will sell for $30.
H20 Audio Outdoor Housing (4)
The $40 accessory is an “all-element resistant” (not waterproof) case targeted at active sports enthusiasts. The case, shipping in December, will come with an armband and Click Wheel control panel.
Sena MagnetFlipper (5)
The $35 leather case features a flip-shut lid that covers only the Click Wheel, leaving the screen showing with a clear integrated protector. More than 15 leather options are available, each sealed with a magnetic clasp.
A.B. Sutton Slip
The handmade Slip case ($68) features a cotton inner layer and leather exterior. The case features an integrated screen protector and a “cable tuck” on the back for earbud cord.
Sumo Cases Click Flip
The $30 case sports a full-grain leather exterior with a color-tinted Click Wheel protector, a magnetic latched flap, and neck strap. It will come in five colors—pink, black, blue, green and red.
Core Cases Aluminum Case
An updated version of Core’s aluminum case, it features a two-piece slide-in/slide-out design and features an anodized front and a polished back. Black and silver versions will be available for $20.
- Incipio acquires Griffin Technology
- Leaked photos appear to show Apple EarPods with Lightning connector
- Cirrus Logic releases development kit for Lightning headphones
- Incipio to acquire Skullcandy
- Jawbone not leaving wearables business, CEO says
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- Report: EU to rule against Apple-Ireland tax deals, recommend Apple pay 1B+ Euros
- Apple sued over unresponsive iPhone 6/6 Plus touchscreen issues
- Apple announces Sept. 7 event
- Philips introduces Hue Motion Sensor
- Photos hint at improved battery for new Apple Watch
- Spotify penalizing artists who release Apple Music exclusives [Update: Spotify responds]
- Apple releases new round of iOS 10 and tvOS 10 betas
- Report: 2017 iPhone to eliminate home button
- Apple to add payment technology to iPhone for transit passes, Apple Pay in Japan
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.5 ‘security update’
- Western Digital My Cloud (OS 3)
- Distil Union Stanley Stand
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app