New AUX-POD auto integration kit released | iLounge News

New AUX-POD auto integration kit released

Pacific Accessory Corporation has released the AUX-POD auto integration kit for iPod 3G and iPod mini. The AUX-POD allows you to “change tracks on your iPod from the factory radio or steering wheel (vehicles with audio controls on steering wheel). The AUX-POD automatically turns off the iPod when the radio is out of AUX-mode or when vehicle/radio is turned off. The iPod also charges the iPod when connected to the AUX-POD. The AUX-POD consists of an AUX-BOX Universal Auxiliary Audio Input interface and an Apple iPod interface connector. To use the AUX-BOX with your vehicle, you will need to order a specific vehicle harness also. Use the application guide to see if there is a harness available for your vehicle.” Retail price for the AUX-BOX is $200. Check the website for a dealer near you.

« Incase designs iPod cases for John Mayer

Speck Products announces Mini FlipStand »

Comments

does this work with the new volvo v50, or s40?

Posted by volvo v50 on July 19, 2004 at 7:32 PM (PDT)

does it work with the 4G ipods??

Posted by bob on July 19, 2004 at 7:50 PM (PDT)

bob: yes, all the 3g accessories work with the 4g ipods.  the dock interface is the same.

Posted by drew on July 19, 2004 at 8:20 PM (PDT)

That Sucks!  No support for Hyundai, Saturn or about half the cars on the road!  I’ll just keep waiting for Alpine, thank you.

Posted by AbahdFugufish on July 20, 2004 at 3:37 AM (PDT)

Looks kind of ugly compared to the Icelink.

Posted by rdlink on July 20, 2004 at 3:48 AM (PDT)

icelink cost less than that.

Posted by tdb on July 20, 2004 at 8:09 AM (PDT)

This is not as good as the Dension iceLink solution. First, it only supports factory stereos. Second, it only supports certain brands and models. Check out [url=http://www.densionusa.com]http://www.densionusa.com[/url] to see a better solution, especially considering it includes a cradle.

Posted by Focher on July 20, 2004 at 8:37 AM (PDT)

How about Nissan, I love my new TITAN and would like this interface to control ipod from the wheel

Posted by sergio on August 10, 2004 at 6:20 PM (PDT)

seems like ice will disable my xm, where pac leaves everything fucntional… also i saw pac for 160 and haven’t found ice for under 200…

Posted by corn dogg on October 1, 2004 at 7:08 PM (PDT)

I had one installed in my Escalade. It skips every 20 minutes, regularly. The garage where I had it installed can’t seem to fix the problem. The ipod works fine on my home stereo, so I’m stumped.

Posted by Chris Gattanella on October 4, 2004 at 12:22 PM (PDT)

Can you connect iopd mini to Hyundai elantra original radio directly ( I know it cam be done with other cars)

Posted by Andres on October 6, 2004 at 4:41 PM (PDT)

Anyone has install a “PAC Aux-Pod iPod Interface/Controller” on a Jeep 2004, It should work with the steering wheel controls, right?, the “PAC AB-CHR10 Auxiliary Input Adapter” is the right cable to connect the Aux-Pod to the radio.
Mine has the”“disc” button, but no cd-changer installed.

Posted by Chepelotudo in Puerto Rico on November 23, 2004 at 6:59 AM (PDT)

I recently had this unit installed in my 2003 Chevy Impala. Long story short; if you drive a Chevy DO NOT purchase this unit. (Note: this unit is now called IPOD2CAR.) The unit drained my battery dead twice. PAC was nice enough to send me a newer replacement unit, but, it drained by battery even faster. It’s all been removed, and I’m out all the installation fees. Perhaps it works better in other manufacturers’ cars, but stay away if you drive a Chevy!

Posted by SteveE on February 11, 2005 at 7:41 AM (PDT)