New, better review categories added
If you’ve been sifting through the over 2,000 accessories now in our Complete iPod Accessory Guide, good news: this weekend, we updated our review categories to make the catalog even easier to use.
Our biggest change is in Speakers: instead of one catch-all category for the over 100 iPod speakers out there, we now have six categories of speakers, starting with four types of All-in-One designs (pocketable, portable, room-to-room and stationary), one catch-all for Clock Radios, and one catch-all for Multi-Component Stationary systems.
We used to have one category called Stands and Docks. Now we have separate categories that address the many iPod docks now on the market: Stands (iPod holders without electronics) have their own place, while Docks for Audio-Out, Data, On-TV Menuing, and Video-Out are now in their own categories, with some overlap.
We used to put sports-related iPod gear into separate categories - electronics, cases, and so on. Our new Armbands and Athletic Add-Ons section lets you see all of these items in one convenient place.
We’ve renamed Bluetooth Wireless to include all Bluetooth and Wireless Home Audio accessories, and renamed Microphones and Microphone Adapters to Recorders - Audio. There are also new categories for DJ Mixing, Karaoke, and Audio Tools, iPod Hi-Fi cases, Lights and Flashers, Portable Video Displays, Security Devices and Software, and Video Recorders, amongst others.
Check out the new Complete iPod Accessory Guide for all the details - more changes are coming very soon. As always, your comments and suggestions are appreciated.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.5 ‘security update’
- Report: Apple developing its own Snapchat-style social video editing iOS app
- Apple announces Apple Music Festival lineup including Alicia Keys, Britney Spears + more
- Universal calls an end to exclusives amid criticisms that Apple Music is hurting the industry
- Apple reveals some of its upcoming AI advancements for the iPhone
- Apple Music’s royalty rates complicate Spotify’s contract negotiations
- iFixit highlights ‘Touch Disease’ affecting many iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models
- Rebranded Nike+ Run Club app adds new tracking abilities
- Apple Music Festival set for Sept. 18-30
- Report: Apple planning three iPhone models for 2017, one with curved OLED display
- Distil Union Stanley Stand
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- 808 Audio Canz XL Bluetooth Speaker
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app