New cases for third-gen iPad: a roundup
In the days following Apple’s announcement of the third-generation iPad, a number of companies have announced new and/or revised cases for the new device. Below is a brief roundup of those announcements; we will be adding to this story throughout the week as more cases are announced.
Bluelounge has debuted its new iPad Sling, which offers a padded main compartment that can accomodate the iPad, iPad 2, or third-generation iPad as well as a book or notebook and other accessories, a quick-access front pocket for small accessories, a magnetic closure, and a cross body fit. It is priced at $69.
Case Closed has announced updated versions of its wool felt sleeves, available in several styles—including models with Ultrasuede tabs or elastic ties—and priced between £23-£29, or roughly $36-$45.
Hex has unveiled its Code Folio for the third-generation iPad and iPad 2. Code Folio is a folio-style case offering open access to all ports, controls, and cameras, and internal document and card pockets, as well as a pen/pencil/stylus holder. Available for pre-order now, it is available in three different leather shades and will ship April 2 for $80.
iSkin has taken the wraps off its transparent solo Smart rear cover featuring the CoverLock Smart Cover locking system, as well as the new Agent 6 Sling and Recon Sleeve from its Gravity Collection. The Agent 6 features a padded iPad compartment, a detachable wall charger holder, and ballistic nylon construction, a feature also found in the Recon, along with nylon zippers, four-point fasteners to secure the iPad, internal piping for surface protection, and a decorative front strap design. The solo Smart will sell for $50, while the Agent 6 and Recon are priced at $100 and $60, respectively.
Odoyo has announced several new cases for the third-generation iPad, including the $40 AirCoat, the Smart Cover-compatible SmartCoat, and the leather folio-style SlimCoat. All three cases are said to be coming this spring; pricing for the latter two options has yet to be announced.
Orbino has launched its new Padova Nuova case for the third-generation iPad. Made by hand in Italy, the Padova Nuova features a rigid leather flap with a magnetic closure that also serves to activate the automatic sleep/wake functionality, protection for both the front and back of the iPad, a hinged flap that serves as a stand, a polished metal home button, cutouts for access to all ports, side/top controls, and cameras, a removable metal typing stand, and an optional Volante Carry System—a hand crafted brass handle that also serves as a stand and allows for connection of the included leather strap. Orbino’s Padova Nuova case for the third-genration iPad is available in a variety of colors and styles; pricing starts at $209.
Sena Cases has announced a number of new cases for the third-generation iPad, including two versions of the Florence case—one with a magnetic closure, and one without—the Collega briefcase-style case, the hard-shell Keyboard Folio, two versions of the pouch-style Ultraslim—one that’s Smart Cover compatible, and one that isn’t—the snap-closure Folio Classic, the combination case/purse Borsetta, a Messenger Bag, the simple, envelope-like Executive Sleeve, and the tote bag-like Sacola. All of the cases are available to order now; pricing ranges from $60 to $150.
- Study finds half of kids headphones exceed safe volume limits
- Report: 99 percent of fake Apple chargers found to be unsafe
- Apple releases PowerBeats3 Wireless earphones
- Apple Watch Nike+ Edition coming Oct. 28, AirPods still ‘late October’
- Sonos speakers available on Apple’s online store today, in Apple Stores next month
- Apple also bringing W1 chip to new lineup of Beats headphones
- Report: AirPods delay due to problems with wireless audio synchronization
- Apple offering hands-on demos of Super Mario Run in stores
- Report: Apple pursuing studio agreements for early movie rentals
- Apple releases seventh beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Apple makes its picks for best iPhone, iPad and Apple TV apps of 2016
- Apple acknowledges Apple Music now includes ‘all the benefits of iTunes Match’
- Apple Music tops 20 million subscribers
- Apple blames ‘external factors’ for iPhone fires in China
- Rumor: 2017 iPhones won’t include glass chassis or wireless charging; will add red color
- Top Apple supplier Foxconn planning U.S. investment
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Sen.se GuardPeanut
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10