New cases for third-gen iPad: a roundup
In the days following Apple’s announcement of the third-generation iPad, a number of companies have announced new and/or revised cases for the new device. Below is a brief roundup of those announcements; we will be adding to this story throughout the week as more cases are announced.
Bluelounge has debuted its new iPad Sling, which offers a padded main compartment that can accomodate the iPad, iPad 2, or third-generation iPad as well as a book or notebook and other accessories, a quick-access front pocket for small accessories, a magnetic closure, and a cross body fit. It is priced at $69.
Case Closed has announced updated versions of its wool felt sleeves, available in several styles—including models with Ultrasuede tabs or elastic ties—and priced between £23-£29, or roughly $36-$45.
Hex has unveiled its Code Folio for the third-generation iPad and iPad 2. Code Folio is a folio-style case offering open access to all ports, controls, and cameras, and internal document and card pockets, as well as a pen/pencil/stylus holder. Available for pre-order now, it is available in three different leather shades and will ship April 2 for $80.
iSkin has taken the wraps off its transparent solo Smart rear cover featuring the CoverLock Smart Cover locking system, as well as the new Agent 6 Sling and Recon Sleeve from its Gravity Collection. The Agent 6 features a padded iPad compartment, a detachable wall charger holder, and ballistic nylon construction, a feature also found in the Recon, along with nylon zippers, four-point fasteners to secure the iPad, internal piping for surface protection, and a decorative front strap design. The solo Smart will sell for $50, while the Agent 6 and Recon are priced at $100 and $60, respectively.
Odoyo has announced several new cases for the third-generation iPad, including the $40 AirCoat, the Smart Cover-compatible SmartCoat, and the leather folio-style SlimCoat. All three cases are said to be coming this spring; pricing for the latter two options has yet to be announced.
Orbino has launched its new Padova Nuova case for the third-generation iPad. Made by hand in Italy, the Padova Nuova features a rigid leather flap with a magnetic closure that also serves to activate the automatic sleep/wake functionality, protection for both the front and back of the iPad, a hinged flap that serves as a stand, a polished metal home button, cutouts for access to all ports, side/top controls, and cameras, a removable metal typing stand, and an optional Volante Carry System—a hand crafted brass handle that also serves as a stand and allows for connection of the included leather strap. Orbino’s Padova Nuova case for the third-genration iPad is available in a variety of colors and styles; pricing starts at $209.
Sena Cases has announced a number of new cases for the third-generation iPad, including two versions of the Florence case—one with a magnetic closure, and one without—the Collega briefcase-style case, the hard-shell Keyboard Folio, two versions of the pouch-style Ultraslim—one that’s Smart Cover compatible, and one that isn’t—the snap-closure Folio Classic, the combination case/purse Borsetta, a Messenger Bag, the simple, envelope-like Executive Sleeve, and the tote bag-like Sacola. All of the cases are available to order now; pricing ranges from $60 to $150.
- Adobe intros Ink and Slide iPad accessories, new apps
- Adonit releases Jot Touch with Pixelpoint stylus
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Parrot announces MiniDrone release dates, pricing
- Report: Apple plans Lightning cable MFi headphones
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks