New cases for third-gen iPad: a roundup
In the days following Apple’s announcement of the third-generation iPad, a number of companies have announced new and/or revised cases for the new device. Below is a brief roundup of those announcements; we will be adding to this story throughout the week as more cases are announced.
Bluelounge has debuted its new iPad Sling, which offers a padded main compartment that can accomodate the iPad, iPad 2, or third-generation iPad as well as a book or notebook and other accessories, a quick-access front pocket for small accessories, a magnetic closure, and a cross body fit. It is priced at $69.
Case Closed has announced updated versions of its wool felt sleeves, available in several styles—including models with Ultrasuede tabs or elastic ties—and priced between £23-£29, or roughly $36-$45.
Hex has unveiled its Code Folio for the third-generation iPad and iPad 2. Code Folio is a folio-style case offering open access to all ports, controls, and cameras, and internal document and card pockets, as well as a pen/pencil/stylus holder. Available for pre-order now, it is available in three different leather shades and will ship April 2 for $80.
iSkin has taken the wraps off its transparent solo Smart rear cover featuring the CoverLock Smart Cover locking system, as well as the new Agent 6 Sling and Recon Sleeve from its Gravity Collection. The Agent 6 features a padded iPad compartment, a detachable wall charger holder, and ballistic nylon construction, a feature also found in the Recon, along with nylon zippers, four-point fasteners to secure the iPad, internal piping for surface protection, and a decorative front strap design. The solo Smart will sell for $50, while the Agent 6 and Recon are priced at $100 and $60, respectively.
Odoyo has announced several new cases for the third-generation iPad, including the $40 AirCoat, the Smart Cover-compatible SmartCoat, and the leather folio-style SlimCoat. All three cases are said to be coming this spring; pricing for the latter two options has yet to be announced.
Orbino has launched its new Padova Nuova case for the third-generation iPad. Made by hand in Italy, the Padova Nuova features a rigid leather flap with a magnetic closure that also serves to activate the automatic sleep/wake functionality, protection for both the front and back of the iPad, a hinged flap that serves as a stand, a polished metal home button, cutouts for access to all ports, side/top controls, and cameras, a removable metal typing stand, and an optional Volante Carry System—a hand crafted brass handle that also serves as a stand and allows for connection of the included leather strap. Orbino’s Padova Nuova case for the third-genration iPad is available in a variety of colors and styles; pricing starts at $209.
Sena Cases has announced a number of new cases for the third-generation iPad, including two versions of the Florence case—one with a magnetic closure, and one without—the Collega briefcase-style case, the hard-shell Keyboard Folio, two versions of the pouch-style Ultraslim—one that’s Smart Cover compatible, and one that isn’t—the snap-closure Folio Classic, the combination case/purse Borsetta, a Messenger Bag, the simple, envelope-like Executive Sleeve, and the tote bag-like Sacola. All of the cases are available to order now; pricing ranges from $60 to $150.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?