New for iPad 2: Griffin, Speck, Orbino, XGear, more
New cases and accessories for the iPad 2 are continuing to roll in from manufacturers. Griffin has announced updated versions of its Elan Folio Slim textured polyurethane folio case ($40) and CinemaSeat headrest adapter/case ($40) for the iPad 2, along with new colors of its Sylus for iPad ($20). Speck has introduced its iGuy case for the iPad and iPad 2 ($40), a revised version of its iconic case for the original iPad that debuted at the 2011 CES, and its new PixelSkin HD Wrap case for iPad 2 ($50), featuring an integrated cover/stand.
Orbino has unveiled its new Padova II case for the iPad 2 ($209 and up), offering integrated magnets compatible with the iPad 2’s Smart Cover technology, while XGear is offering its 360 Shield Polycarbonate Swivel Case ($40) and 360 Shield Case ($100) for the iPad 2, the latter made from real carbon fiber. Finally, Hub International has announced that a revised version of its HandStand case ($50) will be available for the iPad 2 in the next two months.
Griffin Elan Folio Slim
Griffin Stylus Brights and Naturals
Speck PixelSkin HD Wrap
Orbino Padova II
XGear 360 Shield Polycarbonate Swivel Case
XGear 360 Shield Case
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?