New Forums: iPod Mods, Podcasts, iPods on Campus, More!
In our continuing efforts to improve iLounge’s Discussion Forums, we today announce four new discussion groups and the tweaking of some existing forums to make them even easier to enjoy.
Our four new discussion groups are:
* Podcasts & Podcasting: This new discussion group discusses the ever-expanding world of “Podcasts,” free radio-style broadcasts that are disseminated using web RSS feeds. You can post information on your favorite Podcasts here, and share tips and advice on how to create your own Podcasts. Don’t forget iLounge’s free downloadable Podcasts, either! Check out the new group here.
* Hacks & Mods: As the iPod has evolved, so have cool user-created hardware, firmware, and software tweaks. Today, you can change the outside of an iPod, the way its icons, fonts, and menus look, and much, much more. The new Hacks and Mods discussion group is ready for your pictures, suggestions, and links about the exciting world of iPod changes. Please use good judgment in Hacks & Mods, and exercise extreme caution: hardware and other modifications may void your iPod’s warranty. iLounge takes no responsibility for any of the hacks or mods discussed or linked here, and does not recommend any of them. Check out the new group here.
* iPods on Campus: This new sub-forum is primarily intended for college students and educators to discuss their experiences with academic uses of the iPod. We would love to hear stories - positive and negative - from people at schools where the iPod has become an “official” part of daily life, and also stories from people who are trying to convince their schools to bring the iPod on board. Are you tired of having Napster on campus? Tell us all about it here. We’re waiting to hear from you. Check out the new group here.
* In-Home Solutions: You’ve already used our Gear forum to discuss all of your favorite iPod accessories. In order to address one of the biggest new categories of accessories this year, we’ve added In-Home Solutions to the list, so that you can talk about speaker solutions, home integration systems such as Sonance’s iPort, and custom home creations. Check out the new group here.
Finally, you’ll see that we’ve re-organized the Forums to make it even easier to find what you need. If you’re having a problem and need an answer, start with the Problems & Solutions forums and pick your iPod. If you want to fill up your iPod with music or other forms of content, start with Filling Your iPod and pick what you like best. You’ll find our new discussion groups nestled inside: iPods on Campus is part of our revised iPod Culture & Stories group, and Podcasts & Podcasting is part of our Books and Spoken Word group.
Enjoy the new forums, and as always, we welcome and appreciate your comments!
- Sonos speakers available on Apple’s online store today, in Apple Stores next month
- Apple lacks lobbying power in fight with EU
- Apple to offer ‘Spoken Editions’ of written content from top publishers
- Apple working to turn HealthKit into diagnosis tool
- Hackers expose security flaw in iOS 10’s local backups
- Apple releases iOS 10.0.2 to fix headphone controls, iCloud Photo Library
- Report: Apple’s Siri home hub has reached the prototype stage
- Apple acquires machine learning company Tuplejump
- Apple releases iOS 10.1 public beta
- iOS 10.1 beta adds ‘Portrait’ Depth of Field effect
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Kanex GoPower Watch Portable Battery for Apple Watch
- Nuvyyo Tablo Over-the-Air Television DVR
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps