New Forums: iPod Mods, Podcasts, iPods on Campus, More!
In our continuing efforts to improve iLounge’s Discussion Forums, we today announce four new discussion groups and the tweaking of some existing forums to make them even easier to enjoy.
Our four new discussion groups are:
* Podcasts & Podcasting: This new discussion group discusses the ever-expanding world of “Podcasts,” free radio-style broadcasts that are disseminated using web RSS feeds. You can post information on your favorite Podcasts here, and share tips and advice on how to create your own Podcasts. Don’t forget iLounge’s free downloadable Podcasts, either! Check out the new group here.
* Hacks & Mods: As the iPod has evolved, so have cool user-created hardware, firmware, and software tweaks. Today, you can change the outside of an iPod, the way its icons, fonts, and menus look, and much, much more. The new Hacks and Mods discussion group is ready for your pictures, suggestions, and links about the exciting world of iPod changes. Please use good judgment in Hacks & Mods, and exercise extreme caution: hardware and other modifications may void your iPod’s warranty. iLounge takes no responsibility for any of the hacks or mods discussed or linked here, and does not recommend any of them. Check out the new group here.
* iPods on Campus: This new sub-forum is primarily intended for college students and educators to discuss their experiences with academic uses of the iPod. We would love to hear stories - positive and negative - from people at schools where the iPod has become an “official” part of daily life, and also stories from people who are trying to convince their schools to bring the iPod on board. Are you tired of having Napster on campus? Tell us all about it here. We’re waiting to hear from you. Check out the new group here.
* In-Home Solutions: You’ve already used our Gear forum to discuss all of your favorite iPod accessories. In order to address one of the biggest new categories of accessories this year, we’ve added In-Home Solutions to the list, so that you can talk about speaker solutions, home integration systems such as Sonance’s iPort, and custom home creations. Check out the new group here.
Finally, you’ll see that we’ve re-organized the Forums to make it even easier to find what you need. If you’re having a problem and need an answer, start with the Problems & Solutions forums and pick your iPod. If you want to fill up your iPod with music or other forms of content, start with Filling Your iPod and pick what you like best. You’ll find our new discussion groups nestled inside: iPods on Campus is part of our revised iPod Culture & Stories group, and Podcasts & Podcasting is part of our Books and Spoken Word group.
Enjoy the new forums, and as always, we welcome and appreciate your comments!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?