New Forums: iPod Mods, Podcasts, iPods on Campus, More!
Published: Sunday, February 13, 2005
Site News Categories:
In our continuing efforts to improve iLounge’s Discussion Forums, we today announce four new discussion groups and the tweaking of some existing forums to make them even easier to enjoy.
Our four new discussion groups are:
* Podcasts & Podcasting: This new discussion group discusses the ever-expanding world of “Podcasts,” free radio-style broadcasts that are disseminated using web RSS feeds. You can post information on your favorite Podcasts here, and share tips and advice on how to create your own Podcasts. Don’t forget iLounge’s free downloadable Podcasts, either! Check out the new group here.
* Hacks & Mods: As the iPod has evolved, so have cool user-created hardware, firmware, and software tweaks. Today, you can change the outside of an iPod, the way its icons, fonts, and menus look, and much, much more. The new Hacks and Mods discussion group is ready for your pictures, suggestions, and links about the exciting world of iPod changes. Please use good judgment in Hacks & Mods, and exercise extreme caution: hardware and other modifications may void your iPod’s warranty. iLounge takes no responsibility for any of the hacks or mods discussed or linked here, and does not recommend any of them. Check out the new group here.
* iPods on Campus: This new sub-forum is primarily intended for college students and educators to discuss their experiences with academic uses of the iPod. We would love to hear stories - positive and negative - from people at schools where the iPod has become an “official” part of daily life, and also stories from people who are trying to convince their schools to bring the iPod on board. Are you tired of having Napster on campus? Tell us all about it here. We’re waiting to hear from you. Check out the new group here.
* In-Home Solutions: You’ve already used our Gear forum to discuss all of your favorite iPod accessories. In order to address one of the biggest new categories of accessories this year, we’ve added In-Home Solutions to the list, so that you can talk about speaker solutions, home integration systems such as Sonance’s iPort, and custom home creations. Check out the new group here.
Finally, you’ll see that we’ve re-organized the Forums to make it even easier to find what you need. If you’re having a problem and need an answer, start with the Problems & Solutions forums and pick your iPod. If you want to fill up your iPod with music or other forms of content, start with Filling Your iPod and pick what you like best. You’ll find our new discussion groups nestled inside: iPods on Campus is part of our revised iPod Culture & Stories group, and Podcasts & Podcasting is part of our Books and Spoken Word group.
Enjoy the new forums, and as always, we welcome and appreciate your comments!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Google covering some Samsung defense costs in Apple case
- Changes introduced to Apple’s app content rating system
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac