New iLounge poll, last days for 2009 Readers’ Choice voting
After amassing more than 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “Will iTunes LP make you more likely to purchase albums from the iTunes Store?” has ended. Readers were given a choice between two positive or five negative responses, plus an option for those who don’t purchase music.
With 29% of the vote, “I already purchase albums from the iTunes Store and am no more likely do to so because of iTunes LP,” was the leading response from readers, with 19% instead saying they purchase their music exclusively on physical media. 15% said they either rarely buy albums in any format or simply don’t pay for music at all, followed by the nine percent who said they like the iTunes LP format and will purchase more albums from iTunes because of it. Eight percent of readers said they purchase their music from other music download stores, while just six percent said they like the format, but will only increase their album purchases if Apple extends support for iTunes LP beyond iTunes, to devices like the Apple TV or a large screen tablet. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll takes a look back to initial iPod ownership. We’d like to know if you still have your first iPod. Do you still have a fully-functioning unit, or do you still have it around, but in an unusable state? Or did you give it to a friend or family member, or perhaps sell it to upgrade to either a newer iPod or iPhone? Or maybe it was lost or stolen, or disposed of because it stopped working? Or have you never owned an iPod? Our new poll, “Do you still have your first iPod?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage.
Also, don’t forget that voting for our 2009 Readers’ Choice Awards ends tomorrow. In our Readers’ Choice Awards, we’re letting our readers pick the year’s best from four categories—Apple’s best new digital media product, iPod + iPhone Accessory Developer, iPhone + iPod Application Developer, and iPhone + iPod Game Developer. Currently, the iPhone 3GS leads the third-generation iPod touch by a slim margin in the race to be crowned Apple’s best new digital media product of 2009, while the Pod + iPhone Accessory Developer of the Year race is a toss-up between Griffin, Belkin, Logitech, and iHome. Bolt Creative and Facebook remain close rivals in the iPhone + iPod Application Developer of the Year race, and Tapulous currently has a lead in the Game Developer of the Year race, with EA and Gameloft closing in. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Report: iPhone 6S may be slightly thicker than iPhone 6
- Apple Pay set to launch in UK on July 14?
- Report: New iPhone’s base storage could stay at 16GB
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?