New iLounge poll, last days for 2009 Readers’ Choice voting
Published: Tuesday, October 27, 2009
News Categories: Site News
After amassing more than 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “Will iTunes LP make you more likely to purchase albums from the iTunes Store?” has ended. Readers were given a choice between two positive or five negative responses, plus an option for those who don’t purchase music.
With 29% of the vote, “I already purchase albums from the iTunes Store and am no more likely do to so because of iTunes LP,” was the leading response from readers, with 19% instead saying they purchase their music exclusively on physical media. 15% said they either rarely buy albums in any format or simply don’t pay for music at all, followed by the nine percent who said they like the iTunes LP format and will purchase more albums from iTunes because of it. Eight percent of readers said they purchase their music from other music download stores, while just six percent said they like the format, but will only increase their album purchases if Apple extends support for iTunes LP beyond iTunes, to devices like the Apple TV or a large screen tablet. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll takes a look back to initial iPod ownership. We’d like to know if you still have your first iPod. Do you still have a fully-functioning unit, or do you still have it around, but in an unusable state? Or did you give it to a friend or family member, or perhaps sell it to upgrade to either a newer iPod or iPhone? Or maybe it was lost or stolen, or disposed of because it stopped working? Or have you never owned an iPod? Our new poll, “Do you still have your first iPod?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage.
Also, don’t forget that voting for our 2009 Readers’ Choice Awards ends tomorrow. In our Readers’ Choice Awards, we’re letting our readers pick the year’s best from four categories—Apple’s best new digital media product, iPod + iPhone Accessory Developer, iPhone + iPod Application Developer, and iPhone + iPod Game Developer. Currently, the iPhone 3GS leads the third-generation iPod touch by a slim margin in the race to be crowned Apple’s best new digital media product of 2009, while the Pod + iPhone Accessory Developer of the Year race is a toss-up between Griffin, Belkin, Logitech, and iHome. Bolt Creative and Facebook remain close rivals in the iPhone + iPod Application Developer of the Year race, and Tapulous currently has a lead in the Game Developer of the Year race, with EA and Gameloft closing in. Cast your vote today!
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
- Monday at CES: 25 new previews
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone