New iPad 2 Cases from Belkin, iKit, iSkin, more
A number of manufacturers have announced new accessories and cases for the iPad 2. Belkin has announced its new lineup, which includes the FlipBlade Adjust, a portable stand offering four adjustable angles for viewing and typing, the ViewLounge, which features a beanbag base for secure footing on various surfaces, and four folio-style case/stands—the Flip Folio, Access Folio, Slim Folio, and Verve Folio. Belkin’s new accessories for the iPad 2 will be available this Spring.
iKit has announced it new iPad 2 Carbon Case, a form-fitting rubber and polycarbonate case that resembles carbon fiber while offering open access to all ports, controls, and cameras. It is available for order now and sells for $30. iSkin has posted a teaser page that lets users register to be notified when the company’s new iPad 2-specific products are available, while also highlighting several existing sleeve- and folio-style designs that offer compatibility with both the iPad and iPad 2.
Kensington has posted a dedicated page for its new iPad 2 accessories, which will include new versions of the KeyFolio Bluetooth Keyboard Case and Folio case offering compatibility with both the iPad and iPad 2, as well as an iPad 2-specific version of the BlackBelt protection band, and other accessories. Marware has announced pre-order availability of its Eco-Vue and CEO Hybrid folio-style cases for the iPad 2, which sell for $55 and $50, respectively, while Targus has posted a dedicated iPad 2 page outing its new Protective TPU skin, VuScape Cover + Stand, and 360º Rotating Stand + Case for Apple’s second-generation tablet, as well as listing a number of existing designs compatible with both generations of iPad.
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Logitech introduces new Logi label
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?