New iPad 2 Cases from Belkin, iKit, iSkin, more
A number of manufacturers have announced new accessories and cases for the iPad 2. Belkin has announced its new lineup, which includes the FlipBlade Adjust, a portable stand offering four adjustable angles for viewing and typing, the ViewLounge, which features a beanbag base for secure footing on various surfaces, and four folio-style case/stands—the Flip Folio, Access Folio, Slim Folio, and Verve Folio. Belkin’s new accessories for the iPad 2 will be available this Spring.
iKit has announced it new iPad 2 Carbon Case, a form-fitting rubber and polycarbonate case that resembles carbon fiber while offering open access to all ports, controls, and cameras. It is available for order now and sells for $30. iSkin has posted a teaser page that lets users register to be notified when the company’s new iPad 2-specific products are available, while also highlighting several existing sleeve- and folio-style designs that offer compatibility with both the iPad and iPad 2.
Kensington has posted a dedicated page for its new iPad 2 accessories, which will include new versions of the KeyFolio Bluetooth Keyboard Case and Folio case offering compatibility with both the iPad and iPad 2, as well as an iPad 2-specific version of the BlackBelt protection band, and other accessories. Marware has announced pre-order availability of its Eco-Vue and CEO Hybrid folio-style cases for the iPad 2, which sell for $55 and $50, respectively, while Targus has posted a dedicated iPad 2 page outing its new Protective TPU skin, VuScape Cover + Stand, and 360º Rotating Stand + Case for Apple’s second-generation tablet, as well as listing a number of existing designs compatible with both generations of iPad.
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Logitech introduces new Logi label
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Apple denies reported MVNO cellular service plans
- Australian cellular carrier Telstra offering Apple Music free for 12 months
- Report: Apple in talks to launch virtual network service
- Dr. Dre’s new album coming to iTunes, Apple Music on Friday
- Nokia’s HERE Maps sold to automakers in $3.1B deal
- Report: Apple plans to use Siri to transcribe voicemails
- Leaked photos suggest thicker, Force Touch-equipped iPhones
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?