New iPhone poll ends, exclusivity polls begins
With over 2,900 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Do you think you’ll purchase a new iPhone when it’s released in June or July?”—has ended. Readers were given choices including yes, they had been holding out for a new model and will buy it no matter what, yes, they’ve bought both prior models and plan on continuing to buy each new iPhone, yes, but only if it includes significant hardware improvements, or yes, but only if it’s smaller or less expensive than previous models. Negative responses included no, they’ve just purchased an iPhone 3G and/or will otherwise not be eligible for upgrade pricing, no, they’re happy with their current phone/service provider, and no, they don’t have any interest in cell phones.
Over half—57%—of responding readers indicated that they hoped to purchase a new iPhone when it’s released, though there was a major split based on different release scenarios. A solid 16% said that they’ve been holding out for the new iPhone and will purchase it no matter what, and 8% said that they’ve purchased both prior models and plan to continue this time. However, 28% said that they will buy a new iPhone only if the new model includes significant hardware improvements, while 5% said their purchase depends on a smaller or less expensive model being introduced. Another 23% of readers said they wouldn’t be purchasing the next iPhone because they just purchased the iPhone 3G and won’t be eligible for upgrade pricing, 16% said they were happy with their current phone and service provider, and, finally, 4% said they have no interest in cell phones. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on iPhone exclusivity agreements. We’d like to know: do you think Apple should abandon iPhone carrier exclusivity in your country? Would you like to use the iPhone on a different GSM carrier, or would you like to use it on a different, non-GSM carrier, which would require Apple to make a different model? Or do you think the exclusivity agreement is fine, or is the iPhone not exclusive to one carrier in your country, or simply not offered at all, or do you not care about the iPhone, no matter who offers it? Our new poll, “Should Apple abandon iPhone carrier exclusivity in your country?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, July giveaway reminder
- Happy Independence Day from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple posts guide for moving content from Android to iPhone
- Court throws out $368M FaceTime judgment against Apple
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Apple: 33M iTunes users have accessed U2 album
- Apple’s iPhone 6 NFC chip restricted to Apple Pay use
- Apple names Apple Watch execs, now hiring others
- Apple posts removal guide for U2’s Songs of Innocence album
- Apple medical trials will provide HealthKit insights
- iLife and iWork apps to be pre-installed on 64/128 GB iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Report: Apple gets 0.15 percent from each Apple Pay transaction
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010