New iPhone poll ends, exclusivity polls begins
With over 2,900 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Do you think you’ll purchase a new iPhone when it’s released in June or July?”—has ended. Readers were given choices including yes, they had been holding out for a new model and will buy it no matter what, yes, they’ve bought both prior models and plan on continuing to buy each new iPhone, yes, but only if it includes significant hardware improvements, or yes, but only if it’s smaller or less expensive than previous models. Negative responses included no, they’ve just purchased an iPhone 3G and/or will otherwise not be eligible for upgrade pricing, no, they’re happy with their current phone/service provider, and no, they don’t have any interest in cell phones.
Over half—57%—of responding readers indicated that they hoped to purchase a new iPhone when it’s released, though there was a major split based on different release scenarios. A solid 16% said that they’ve been holding out for the new iPhone and will purchase it no matter what, and 8% said that they’ve purchased both prior models and plan to continue this time. However, 28% said that they will buy a new iPhone only if the new model includes significant hardware improvements, while 5% said their purchase depends on a smaller or less expensive model being introduced. Another 23% of readers said they wouldn’t be purchasing the next iPhone because they just purchased the iPhone 3G and won’t be eligible for upgrade pricing, 16% said they were happy with their current phone and service provider, and, finally, 4% said they have no interest in cell phones. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on iPhone exclusivity agreements. We’d like to know: do you think Apple should abandon iPhone carrier exclusivity in your country? Would you like to use the iPhone on a different GSM carrier, or would you like to use it on a different, non-GSM carrier, which would require Apple to make a different model? Or do you think the exclusivity agreement is fine, or is the iPhone not exclusive to one carrier in your country, or simply not offered at all, or do you not care about the iPhone, no matter who offers it? Our new poll, “Should Apple abandon iPhone carrier exclusivity in your country?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Vote today!
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy Holidays from iLounge
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- New (PRODUCT)RED iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, and 9.7” iPad now available to order
- Apple Store down again ahead of new iPad, Product(RED) iPhone launch
- Apple acquires automation app Workflow
- Nintendo updates Super Mario Run, makes more courses available for free play
- Apple confirms iCloud and Apple ID systems have not been breached in response to hacker threat
- Hackers claim to have access to millions of iCloud accounts, demand ransom from Apple
- Apple’s Siri in the running to voice control room functions at Marriott’s Aloft hotels
- Apple releases iTunes 12.6 with new cross-device movie rental feature
- Apple introduces Clips video app
- Apple reveals(RED) iPhone 7, 7 Plus models, doubles storage of iPhone SE
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundcast VG1 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10