New iPhone poll ends, exclusivity polls begins
With over 2,900 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Do you think you’ll purchase a new iPhone when it’s released in June or July?”—has ended. Readers were given choices including yes, they had been holding out for a new model and will buy it no matter what, yes, they’ve bought both prior models and plan on continuing to buy each new iPhone, yes, but only if it includes significant hardware improvements, or yes, but only if it’s smaller or less expensive than previous models. Negative responses included no, they’ve just purchased an iPhone 3G and/or will otherwise not be eligible for upgrade pricing, no, they’re happy with their current phone/service provider, and no, they don’t have any interest in cell phones.
Over half—57%—of responding readers indicated that they hoped to purchase a new iPhone when it’s released, though there was a major split based on different release scenarios. A solid 16% said that they’ve been holding out for the new iPhone and will purchase it no matter what, and 8% said that they’ve purchased both prior models and plan to continue this time. However, 28% said that they will buy a new iPhone only if the new model includes significant hardware improvements, while 5% said their purchase depends on a smaller or less expensive model being introduced. Another 23% of readers said they wouldn’t be purchasing the next iPhone because they just purchased the iPhone 3G and won’t be eligible for upgrade pricing, 16% said they were happy with their current phone and service provider, and, finally, 4% said they have no interest in cell phones. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on iPhone exclusivity agreements. We’d like to know: do you think Apple should abandon iPhone carrier exclusivity in your country? Would you like to use the iPhone on a different GSM carrier, or would you like to use it on a different, non-GSM carrier, which would require Apple to make a different model? Or do you think the exclusivity agreement is fine, or is the iPhone not exclusive to one carrier in your country, or simply not offered at all, or do you not care about the iPhone, no matter who offers it? Our new poll, “Should Apple abandon iPhone carrier exclusivity in your country?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Vote today!
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy Holidays from iLounge
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Mini Metro adds Endless Mode
- Apple issues statement opposing Trump administration’s rescission of transgender rights
- ResearchKit study conducted using Apple Watch reveals new insights into seizures
- Instagram adds ability to include up to 10 photos or videos in a single post
- Facebook’s talks with MLB raise possibility that game streams could come to Apple TV
- Analyst claims wireless charging will be included in ‘iPhone 8,’ but rules out Energous as provider
- Apple claims EU made ‘fundamental errors’ in calculating $14B Irish tax ruling
- Analyst: ‘iPhone 8’ to feature ‘revolutionary’ front-facing camera with 3D sensors
- Apple releases third betas for iOS 10.3, tvOS 10.2, and watchOS 3.2 to developers
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- PureGear PureSwitch HomeKit-enabled Wireless Smart Plug
- 1More Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10