New iPod accessories, cases debut in ‘08 Buyers’ Guide
As is customary, several new iPod accessories and cases from a wide range of companies made their debut in our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide. Of particular note are the Acme Research Ledoc for iPod, a unique Dock that features a video camera mounted in front of the iPod to allow for TV-based iPod menu access, the 2007 version of Griffin’s popular iTrip FM Transmitter, and SendStation’s PocketDock pico, an iPod to USB adapter so small it fits inside a chrome keychain. Continue reading to learn more about the other accessories debuting in the Guide.
Aside from the 2007 iTrip, which will feature new on-face controls, Griffin Technology also debuted its RoadTrip with SmartScan, a FM transmitting, iPod-charging car mount which features a new flexible gooseneck mount and SmartScan, the AutoPilot, an iPod car charger with integrated line-out and remote control functionality, the iTrip AutoPilot, which adds FM transmitting to the AutoPilot’s feature set, and PowerJolt SE and Powerblock car and wall iPod chargers. Other new accessories include the Incipio Thin Cradle for iPhone, Alpine’s eX-10 Dash-Top iPod + Bluetooth Solution, NewerTech’s Mic Extender Cable for iPhone and iPhone Speaker Dock/Mic, and the Incipio Slice for iPod shuffle.
New cases also made their debut in the Guide, including Otter Products’ OtterBox Armor for iPhone and Defender for iPod nano, classic, and touch, the H2O Audio iFR Sport Combo case for iPhone, Speck’s ArmorSkin for iPod nano, classic, and touch, the a.b. Sutton Classic Click Slip for iPod classic, and TuneBelt’s Open View Armband for iPod nano. For more information about the cases and accessories listed here, check out our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?