New iPod accessories, cases debut in ‘08 Buyers’ Guide
As is customary, several new iPod accessories and cases from a wide range of companies made their debut in our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide. Of particular note are the Acme Research Ledoc for iPod, a unique Dock that features a video camera mounted in front of the iPod to allow for TV-based iPod menu access, the 2007 version of Griffin’s popular iTrip FM Transmitter, and SendStation’s PocketDock pico, an iPod to USB adapter so small it fits inside a chrome keychain. Continue reading to learn more about the other accessories debuting in the Guide.
Aside from the 2007 iTrip, which will feature new on-face controls, Griffin Technology also debuted its RoadTrip with SmartScan, a FM transmitting, iPod-charging car mount which features a new flexible gooseneck mount and SmartScan, the AutoPilot, an iPod car charger with integrated line-out and remote control functionality, the iTrip AutoPilot, which adds FM transmitting to the AutoPilot’s feature set, and PowerJolt SE and Powerblock car and wall iPod chargers. Other new accessories include the Incipio Thin Cradle for iPhone, Alpine’s eX-10 Dash-Top iPod + Bluetooth Solution, NewerTech’s Mic Extender Cable for iPhone and iPhone Speaker Dock/Mic, and the Incipio Slice for iPod shuffle.
New cases also made their debut in the Guide, including Otter Products’ OtterBox Armor for iPhone and Defender for iPod nano, classic, and touch, the H2O Audio iFR Sport Combo case for iPhone, Speck’s ArmorSkin for iPod nano, classic, and touch, the a.b. Sutton Classic Click Slip for iPod classic, and TuneBelt’s Open View Armband for iPod nano. For more information about the cases and accessories listed here, check out our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- OpenTV sues Apple for alleged patent infringement
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?