New iPod accessories, cases debut in ‘08 Buyers’ Guide
As is customary, several new iPod accessories and cases from a wide range of companies made their debut in our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide. Of particular note are the Acme Research Ledoc for iPod, a unique Dock that features a video camera mounted in front of the iPod to allow for TV-based iPod menu access, the 2007 version of Griffin’s popular iTrip FM Transmitter, and SendStation’s PocketDock pico, an iPod to USB adapter so small it fits inside a chrome keychain. Continue reading to learn more about the other accessories debuting in the Guide.
Aside from the 2007 iTrip, which will feature new on-face controls, Griffin Technology also debuted its RoadTrip with SmartScan, a FM transmitting, iPod-charging car mount which features a new flexible gooseneck mount and SmartScan, the AutoPilot, an iPod car charger with integrated line-out and remote control functionality, the iTrip AutoPilot, which adds FM transmitting to the AutoPilot’s feature set, and PowerJolt SE and Powerblock car and wall iPod chargers. Other new accessories include the Incipio Thin Cradle for iPhone, Alpine’s eX-10 Dash-Top iPod + Bluetooth Solution, NewerTech’s Mic Extender Cable for iPhone and iPhone Speaker Dock/Mic, and the Incipio Slice for iPod shuffle.
New cases also made their debut in the Guide, including Otter Products’ OtterBox Armor for iPhone and Defender for iPod nano, classic, and touch, the H2O Audio iFR Sport Combo case for iPhone, Speck’s ArmorSkin for iPod nano, classic, and touch, the a.b. Sutton Classic Click Slip for iPod classic, and TuneBelt’s Open View Armband for iPod nano. For more information about the cases and accessories listed here, check out our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide.
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- BuQu Tech PowerArmour Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Grovemade Maple iPhone Case for iPhone 6
- Tylt Energi Sliding Power Case for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0