New iPod accessories, cases debut in ‘08 Buyers’ Guide
As is customary, several new iPod accessories and cases from a wide range of companies made their debut in our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide. Of particular note are the Acme Research Ledoc for iPod, a unique Dock that features a video camera mounted in front of the iPod to allow for TV-based iPod menu access, the 2007 version of Griffin’s popular iTrip FM Transmitter, and SendStation’s PocketDock pico, an iPod to USB adapter so small it fits inside a chrome keychain. Continue reading to learn more about the other accessories debuting in the Guide.
Aside from the 2007 iTrip, which will feature new on-face controls, Griffin Technology also debuted its RoadTrip with SmartScan, a FM transmitting, iPod-charging car mount which features a new flexible gooseneck mount and SmartScan, the AutoPilot, an iPod car charger with integrated line-out and remote control functionality, the iTrip AutoPilot, which adds FM transmitting to the AutoPilot’s feature set, and PowerJolt SE and Powerblock car and wall iPod chargers. Other new accessories include the Incipio Thin Cradle for iPhone, Alpine’s eX-10 Dash-Top iPod + Bluetooth Solution, NewerTech’s Mic Extender Cable for iPhone and iPhone Speaker Dock/Mic, and the Incipio Slice for iPod shuffle.
New cases also made their debut in the Guide, including Otter Products’ OtterBox Armor for iPhone and Defender for iPod nano, classic, and touch, the H2O Audio iFR Sport Combo case for iPhone, Speck’s ArmorSkin for iPod nano, classic, and touch, the a.b. Sutton Classic Click Slip for iPod classic, and TuneBelt’s Open View Armband for iPod nano. For more information about the cases and accessories listed here, check out our 2008 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide.
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?