New iPod ad campaign launches | iLounge News

New iPod ad campaign launches

Apple recently launched a new ad campaign to promote iPod. The magazine and billboard ads feature a black silouhuetted figure holding an iPod against a bright colored background. Cropped versions of these ads can also be seen being used on the updated Apple iPod web pages.

« E&B release Slipper iPod case

30GB iPods $50 Off »

Comments

I dig it! Love the new campaign.

As I cruise down the street, I can’t help but get excited every time I notice someone with white headphones. I always greet them with the same question:

“iPod?”

And they always respond enthusiastically. I think it’s great that Apple is targeting this recognizable aspect of the device.

Posted by Nicholas Howard in Los Angeles, CA on September 9, 2003 at 12:31 PM (PDT)

Same here, sometimes you just spot out those white headphones and just nod at the other person. I am seeing more and more of them around the gym.

Posted by ntljr in Woodland Hills, CA on September 9, 2003 at 1:51 PM (PDT)

the white earphones are very reconzinable kool

Posted by Phill in Texas on September 9, 2003 at 5:53 PM (PDT)

The headphones are definately recognisable. I really do wonder why other manufacturers (Sony, Panasonic) don’t include “cooler” headphones with their products.

The new advertisements are also fantastic. It’s great to see Apple is branching out in their advertising - it took them over 20 years, but finally they’ve got rid of the white background!

Posted by cozzie on September 9, 2003 at 8:51 PM (PDT)

I have never used my white iPod earphones. Anyone want mine?

Posted by durf on September 9, 2003 at 9:14 PM (PDT)

cooler meaning white coating and awful sound

Posted by tetro on September 9, 2003 at 11:22 PM (PDT)

Cooler meaning recognisable and modern. I still use mine - if I want great sound I hook it up to my sound system.

Posted by cozzie on September 10, 2003 at 3:18 AM (PDT)

Yes, i’ll take your iPod headphones, or buy them, I recently lost mine!!! email me if you are interested!!!!!!

Posted by Jon on September 10, 2003 at 4:12 AM (PDT)

oops check THIS nick for the email address if you are interested in parting with your iPod headphones.

Posted by seven5 in richmond on September 10, 2003 at 4:22 AM (PDT)

it appears apple takes out the first page add in every wired magazine.. this month (october) is the new ipod marketing with the yellow background and guy with iPod..

Posted by selcouth on September 10, 2003 at 10:05 PM (PDT)

Clarification: The headphones are from an old iPod. No remote or anything fancy. Also, I live in Tokyo. I’d be glad to throw them in an envelope and mail them somewhere, I guess, but they really are just a white pair of earbuds . . .
durf at mac dot com if you’re interested.

Posted by durf on September 11, 2003 at 1:54 AM (PDT)

Parodies

Posted by iMe on September 12, 2003 at 5:28 AM (PDT)

to: iMe
nice work there

Posted by j.m on September 25, 2003 at 6:30 AM (PDT)

This campaign certainly isn’t original, contrary to what most may believe.  If anyone cares, check out a campaign done in Canada for a radio station Flow 98, done in 2002.  The art directon is EXACTLY what the ipod copied - black sillohettes dancing in front of a color background.
ipod may have taken the ad mass-market, but Canada came up with the concept.
Hope what they say is true - immitation is the best form of flattery….

Posted by Tamara on October 26, 2003 at 6:50 AM (PDT)