New iPod commercial airs on TV | iLounge News

New iPod commercial airs on TV

picApple has begun airing a new iPod+iTunes commercial titled, “Wild Postings” on TV this evening. The ad features a young guy walking out of an apartment building listening to his iPod, then walking past a wall of animated posters featuring the now famous black silhouettes. The song in the new commercial is “Ride” by The Vines. Apple has posted the QuickTime version for online viewing.

« Mac: PodMail 2.0.3 released

Lavender iPod mini? »

Comments

Sorry for the double post, I was coughing and hit the submit button twice.

Posted by Parker on May 4, 2004 at 5:18 AM (PDT)

Mmm, metal, I agree Parker.. Some Children of Bodom, Motorhead.. Kyuss or even QOTSA would be perfect, too..

Posted by Alison on May 4, 2004 at 5:41 AM (PDT)

The iPOd itself is far more innovative than the commercials representing it.

This ad was SO TIRED!

BEEN THERE DONE THAT FEEL.

Posted by BigSid in Los Angeles on May 4, 2004 at 6:59 AM (PDT)

I agree about this ad.  The silhouettes weren’t bad, they were innovative at least and captivated a feeling of energy and excitement.  But I’m guessing this ad was made by the same company that made the Pepsi giveaway ad and it looks and feels pretty cheap, like a college film student was given $30,000 and a nice camera and told to make an ad for the iPod.  Not only that, but this ad will definetely NOT stick out in my mind.

Now, I really don’t like the products they make, but I have to say that Micro$oft has some really clever advertising.  Like it or hate it, everyone knows the MSN Butterfly.  You can laugh AT that commercial, but at the same time, they’re drilling the product into your mind.  With this ad I just thought, “okay, it’s some hipster walking down the street with an iPod who can make Apple posters dance or pause at will… and I’ll remember this why?”

Posted by Zim on May 4, 2004 at 8:19 AM (PDT)

The ad campaign for apple is to get the younger generation to “get in to” apple, one you are an apple lover you will be a follower for life. I agree with the comment about the silhouette, its just a person, who cares if there white, black, latin, asian its just a person dancing. You relate to that person it clould be you. i love the new ad.

Posted by hb2 in Phoenix arizona on May 4, 2004 at 9:08 AM (PDT)

“The ad campaign for apple is to get the younger generation to “get in to” apple”

Apple lost that market when they let the Apple2 wither on the vine. They tried to get it back briefly with the Pippin, but that failed miserably.

The iPod Mini is still 3-5 times more expensive than the typical flash mp3 players sold by the bucklet to teens and tweens in Target and Walmart.

Posted by You Know, For Kids on May 4, 2004 at 9:46 AM (PDT)

Hey I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can download this or any of the other commercials from?  I just want to save them and burn them to a disc for a school project, it’s a marketing project so I think it would be nice to include the TV spots for it too.  I actually liked the ad I didn’t see much wrong with it but what do I know?

Posted by Judd on May 4, 2004 at 10:06 AM (PDT)

what is this, this Apple?

Posted by Daddo on May 4, 2004 at 10:54 AM (PDT)

Where’s the battery complaint sticker? that was far more interesting than a poster dancing as someone walks past it.

They should use an EU iPod, the guy listening to it wouldnt even be able to hear his own music over the city noise. oooo the irony.

someone carrying their iPod in broad daylight with the default headphones? talk about LAME,  he’d get mugged so fast those dancers wouldnt be able to move their digital bodies.

Posted by USA SUCKS on May 4, 2004 at 10:57 AM (PDT)

HB2:

Apple Lover?

Their software is almost as insecure as the closed source crap from m$..

what’s to love? the iPod’s design was made in Europe, where they own less market than in the USA

Posted by USA SUCKS on May 4, 2004 at 11:00 AM (PDT)

USA SUCKS:

I design for a living, i like reliable machines, all machines have problems im not saying that apple is perfect. I need to ask you to stop the negative attitute, if you hate the US, stop buying the products. Thiese forums were created to discuss and generate knowledge, not to insult someones preferance.

Posted by hb2 on May 4, 2004 at 11:49 AM (PDT)

I like the ad. I think it’s simple, and effective.

What’s more, Apple are, once again, using Australian music in their major advertising campaign. Whether you like the band or not, it is cool to see an Aussie band featured in an ad for somethin so damn cool.

Posted by dottz on May 4, 2004 at 2:34 PM (PDT)

dottz…and jet isnt ausi?

Posted by rivlinm on May 4, 2004 at 4:56 PM (PDT)

USA SUCKS…ha what an idiot.  I have no need to argue my point…his name reflects his maturity.  You don’t have to be a 5 year old kid to be immature you know.

Posted by asd on May 4, 2004 at 6:13 PM (PDT)

uhhhh, he said, “once again” using an ausi band.
that means more than one. i like the ad.  those vines dudes smoke way too much weed though.

Posted by bkushush on May 4, 2004 at 7:55 PM (PDT)

USA SUCKS -

I can hear the squishing noise of sour grapes in each of your posts.  I can also smell the sweet-tangy smell of garbage you emanate.

Also, the iPod was not designed in Europe, but was designed by a European (Jonathan Ive), in the Apple Design group in Cupertino, California.

Get your facts straight before you post.

Actually, this blatant error pretty much matches the rampant stupidity of your posts.  My expectations of you will continue to be low.

Carry on.

Posted by USA SUCKS sucks on May 4, 2004 at 10:53 PM (PDT)

lol Damn some of you people complain too much

Posted by Lego on May 5, 2004 at 5:25 AM (PDT)

amen lego
it’s a freaking commercial people

Posted by kespod on May 5, 2004 at 9:58 AM (PDT)

Maybe they don’t put a diverse group of music and people in these commercials because a diverse group of people do not buy Apple products.

I don’t claim to know the demographic research but there’s probably a good reason they didn’t put Talib Kwali, Jurassic 5, or Guided by Voices in the commercial just like there is a reason they didn’t put Linkin Park, Britney Spears, or 50 Cent in the commercial.

Everything is carefully plotted for months in a commerical… trust me. Their goal here isn’t to entertain some loser-### on the internet but to sell iPods to those who are most likely to buy it.

Welcome to Business 101.

Posted by Dave on May 26, 2004 at 10:56 AM (PDT)

What’s that guy’s name?  He’s cute.  lol

Posted by Lauren on July 11, 2004 at 10:39 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3 >