New iPod Countdown Contest - Winners Announced
Congratulations to the following winners:
First Place: Edmond Ng, Canada (for “iPod chat”)
Prize: Shure E500PTH Sound Isolating Earphones
Second Place: Gerard Pye, United Kingdom (for “MacPad”)
Prize: Shure E4C Sound Isolating Earphones
Third Place: Orrin Sonck, Belgium (for “the new iPod”)
Prize: Shure E3C Sound Isolating Earphones
Above: Winner Edmond Ng
Above: Winner Gerard Pye for MacPad - We also really liked the MacPhone
Above: Winner Orrin Sonck
Fall is fast approaching in the United States, which means one thing: new iPods will soon be here! As we count down to the launch of Apple’s next generation of portable media players, we’re launching an art contest - the New iPod Countdown Contest - with prizes by leading earphone maker Shure.
The rules are simple: use your artistic skills - Photoshopping, 3-D rendering, or traditional 2-D art - to create a realistic or semi-realistic “next-generation iPod.” It can be an iPod, mini tablet computer, iPod Phone, or something different, as long as it’s obviously a portable media player from Apple. This time, we are looking only for serious entries - not humorous ones - so submit wisely. You can submit as many entries as you want. Art must be submitter’s original work and submitted only to iLounge. Previous submissions are not eligible - create something new and better!
Submit your picture(s) to our 2006 iPod Countdown Contest Gallery - minimum size 640x480 pixels. We will pick three winners to win awesome prizes from Shure - one Grand Prize winner will get a pair of top-rated E500PTH Sound Isolating Earphones (retail value: $550.00), with two additional winners receiving Shure E4c and E3c earphones, respectively.
The deadline for submissions is September 9, 2006 at 11:59PM (PT).
- Official Rules:
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- The New iPod Countdown Contest will begin as of this posting.
- Entries will be judged by iLounge. Do not enter if you can’t stand losing, and don’t disparage the winners.
- Deadline for entries: September 9, 2006 at 11:59PM Pacific Time.
- You may submit as many entries as you want, but only one image constitutes a valid entry.
- This giveaway is open to U.S. and international residents.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Void where prohibited.
- iLounge is not responsible for computer malfunctions, bugs or viruses, and causes beyond our control. iLounge has the right to terminate this giveaway at any given time without notice.
- By submitting, you agree that all private information, art and photographs you submit become the property of iLounge, and that you will not and have not submitted such art and photographs to any other contest. iLounge will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party other than necessary to deliver the prize to winners, save that the names and city/state/country of each winner will be posted on iLounge.
- Winners will be announced and published in mid-September 2006.
- Associates, employees, principals, or relatives thereof of iLounge are not eligible.
- All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prize selected does not imply or express any endorsement from the manufacturer or any other relationship with iLounge.
- iLounge reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
- Any attempt to manipulate, interfere with, or otherwise alter any entries, other systems or services of iLounge will disqualify all those implicated and subject them to prosecution in the State of California, United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other rights, related to such giveaways, you may have in any jurisdiction.
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Apple likely to receive approval to open retail stores in India
- Study finds Apple Watch is best fitness tracker for privacy, security
- Conflicting reports over pink color to be featured in iPhone 5se
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Apple to begin taking broken iPhones for trade-in, offer in-store screen protector installation
- Apple ordered to pay $625M to VirnetX in patent case
- Apple Pay reaches 2 million retail locations
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!