New iPod poll ends, App Store ban poll begins
With over 3,800 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “What’s your reaction to the new 2008 iPods?” — has ended. Readers were given choices ranging from great to really bad, or could also state that they had no opinion.
Response was overwhelmingly positive, with 80% of readers saying that Apple did at least okay with the new lineup. 24% of readers said they thought the new iPods were great, and were planning to buy one, while another 24% said they thought the new iPod family was good, and were considering purchasing one of the new models. 32% thought the new iPods were okay, but not enough to make them purchase one, while 11% thought the new family was bad, and that Apple needed to do more, and 5% thought the new models were really bad, and that Apple had dropped the ball with the new releases. Only 4% of readers said they didn’t have an opinion about the new iPods. Thanks for your responses!
This week’s poll focuses on Apple’s recent decisions to reject or ban certain applications from the App Store. Do you think Apple is hurting iPhone and iPod touch users with the bans, and should allow any non-malicious software in? Or do you think Apple is doing a good job as-is, or perhaps should even step up its content filtering efforts? This week’s poll, “Is Apple hurting iPhone + iPod users with its App Store banning decisions?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Seasons Greetings! Our top picks in 2015, and more for your last-minute shopping
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Columbus Day + Canadian Thanksgiving!
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Lawyers threaten to sue Apple over ‘Error 53’ codes disabling iPhones
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Apple likely to receive approval to open retail stores in India
- Study finds Apple Watch is best fitness tracker for privacy, security
- Conflicting reports over pink color to be featured in iPhone 5se
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!