New iPod poll ends, App Store ban poll begins
With over 3,800 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “What’s your reaction to the new 2008 iPods?” — has ended. Readers were given choices ranging from great to really bad, or could also state that they had no opinion.
Response was overwhelmingly positive, with 80% of readers saying that Apple did at least okay with the new lineup. 24% of readers said they thought the new iPods were great, and were planning to buy one, while another 24% said they thought the new iPod family was good, and were considering purchasing one of the new models. 32% thought the new iPods were okay, but not enough to make them purchase one, while 11% thought the new family was bad, and that Apple needed to do more, and 5% thought the new models were really bad, and that Apple had dropped the ball with the new releases. Only 4% of readers said they didn’t have an opinion about the new iPods. Thanks for your responses!
This week’s poll focuses on Apple’s recent decisions to reject or ban certain applications from the App Store. Do you think Apple is hurting iPhone and iPod touch users with the bans, and should allow any non-malicious software in? Or do you think Apple is doing a good job as-is, or perhaps should even step up its content filtering efforts? This week’s poll, “Is Apple hurting iPhone + iPod users with its App Store banning decisions?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.5 ‘security update’
- Report: Apple developing its own Snapchat-style social video editing iOS app
- Apple announces Apple Music Festival lineup including Alicia Keys, Britney Spears + more
- Universal calls an end to exclusives amid criticisms that Apple Music is hurting the industry
- Apple reveals some of its upcoming AI advancements for the iPhone
- Apple Music’s royalty rates complicate Spotify’s contract negotiations
- iFixit highlights ‘Touch Disease’ affecting many iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models
- Rebranded Nike+ Run Club app adds new tracking abilities
- Apple Music Festival set for Sept. 18-30
- Report: Apple planning three iPhone models for 2017, one with curved OLED display
- Distil Union Stanley Stand
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- 808 Audio Canz XL Bluetooth Speaker
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app