New iPod poll ends, App Store ban poll begins
With over 3,800 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “What’s your reaction to the new 2008 iPods?” — has ended. Readers were given choices ranging from great to really bad, or could also state that they had no opinion.
Response was overwhelmingly positive, with 80% of readers saying that Apple did at least okay with the new lineup. 24% of readers said they thought the new iPods were great, and were planning to buy one, while another 24% said they thought the new iPod family was good, and were considering purchasing one of the new models. 32% thought the new iPods were okay, but not enough to make them purchase one, while 11% thought the new family was bad, and that Apple needed to do more, and 5% thought the new models were really bad, and that Apple had dropped the ball with the new releases. Only 4% of readers said they didn’t have an opinion about the new iPods. Thanks for your responses!
This week’s poll focuses on Apple’s recent decisions to reject or ban certain applications from the App Store. Do you think Apple is hurting iPhone and iPod touch users with the bans, and should allow any non-malicious software in? Or do you think Apple is doing a good job as-is, or perhaps should even step up its content filtering efforts? This week’s poll, “Is Apple hurting iPhone + iPod users with its App Store banning decisions?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge launches CES 2015 Special Edition site
- Happy New Year 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014