New iPod poll ends, App Store ban poll begins
Published: Tuesday, September 16, 2008
News Categories: Site News
With over 3,800 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “What’s your reaction to the new 2008 iPods?” — has ended. Readers were given choices ranging from great to really bad, or could also state that they had no opinion.
Response was overwhelmingly positive, with 80% of readers saying that Apple did at least okay with the new lineup. 24% of readers said they thought the new iPods were great, and were planning to buy one, while another 24% said they thought the new iPod family was good, and were considering purchasing one of the new models. 32% thought the new iPods were okay, but not enough to make them purchase one, while 11% thought the new family was bad, and that Apple needed to do more, and 5% thought the new models were really bad, and that Apple had dropped the ball with the new releases. Only 4% of readers said they didn’t have an opinion about the new iPods. Thanks for your responses!
This week’s poll focuses on Apple’s recent decisions to reject or ban certain applications from the App Store. Do you think Apple is hurting iPhone and iPod touch users with the bans, and should allow any non-malicious software in? Or do you think Apple is doing a good job as-is, or perhaps should even step up its content filtering efforts? This week’s poll, “Is Apple hurting iPhone + iPod users with its App Store banning decisions?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
- Monday at CES: 25 new previews
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number