New iPods ‘Live On Stage’
At 6pm people poured into the Fashion Island Apple Store in Newport Beach, CA for the debut of new iPods at Apple’s Live On Stage event. DJ Hawkeye provided the atmosphere “spinning” two iPods as a saxophonist accompanied him. There were favorable reactions to the iPods as one person exclaimed, “Look how small they are!” And another said, “Those are cool!” We bought our 15GB iPod and received a free black t-shirt with purchase. They were selling them for $10 without purchase. The t-shirt depicted a white outlined iPod on the front and “Live On Stage 5.2.03” on the back. Many were also entering for a chance to win a $1800 JBL sound system. The same system that was being used by the DJ. Upon existing the event, free posters were being handed out. It was also nice seeing iLoungers in the flesh. We’ve posted photos from the event.
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?