New iRip CD-to-iPod ripping service launched | iLounge News

New iRip CD-to-iPod ripping service launched

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Monday, October 18, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

“iRip debuted today as the least expensive CD-to-iPod transferring (ripping) service to date. The service assists current and prospective iPod owners by taking their CDs and “ripping” them to their iPod, often saving the iPod owner hours. All Orders are tracked via iRip’s unique Client Order Management web application, letting the customer know their order’s exact status.

iRip service costs only $1 per CD for standard service, more than 30% off the price of our nearest competitor. Standard service includes three-way UPS Ground shipping and expedited service includes three-way UPS Overnight shipping. There is a 30 CD minimum and service is offered for the Apple iPod, the Apple iPod mini and the Apple iPod by HP.”

« Pyrim Technologies releases Rock Docks

MP3 losing to AAC and WMA »

Comments

my father just bought me a bmw for son appreciation day, and it had the ipod hookup.  So I bought a 10 40gb ipods, but I do not know how to buy a computer and I could not figure out how to put my cds into the ipod, so I contacted irip.com, and they told me that for just $10000 I could get my 10000 cds distributed among my 10 ipods!  But now I do not know how to hook it up to my bmw.  Does anybody know where I you can get such a service?  I alreadytried [url=http://www.ihookupyouripodtoyourbmw.com]http://www.ihookupyouripodtoyourbmw.com[/url]  did not work
  bye bye

Posted by reuben on October 20, 2004 at 9:53 PM (PDT)

Hm.  I’m getting the impression people don’t like this kind of service.  Maybe I should wait for a few more people to post before I draw any conclusions, though.

Posted by younolikey? on October 21, 2004 at 4:48 AM (PDT)

Of course all you people think this is a bad idea. You are the people that spend your time hanging out in the iPod lounge. If you subtract the 20,000 members of the ipod lounge (just a generous guess) that stil leaves 6 billion people in this world that might want to use this service. I can see why you think it is crazy, but I have been offering this service in Las Vegas for about two months. I charge $1.50 a cd ($1 if over 100 cds) and I have been putting in 8 hours days for the last 5 weeks straight ripping these cd’s. There is plenty of business here. Most of my customers are Managers, attorneys, MD’s, and other people who don’t have the time or the care to learn how to do it.

Alright, be honest, how many of you are thinking “I should start this in my city too.”

Posted by Brian on October 21, 2004 at 4:04 PM (PDT)

A buddy of mine read about this the other day and thought it was a GREAT idea!  It isn’t that hard to get started…And, you have the benefit of the internet for advertising.  This doesn’t mean that the majority of your business will come from internet users - but, local users in your city.  Obviously, people won’t be sending the collection and their iPod to an anonymous person that they can’t have a face to face conversation with.  I sure wouldn’t.
But, if that guy has a storefront already, say, from a used-record store or something, that would be a great fit!  Even, word of mouth through friends and family.  There is opportunity there!  Maybe I’ll look into it.

Posted by Zohak on October 22, 2004 at 5:41 AM (PDT)

For all u people who think this guys a rip off and a nut… u can read about his accomplishments in the New York Times or the EBay magazine, or visit his his various websites. Just a friendly reminder, that not everyone in the world is an evil person out to illegally steal your songs

Posted by lost on October 25, 2004 at 3:55 PM (PDT)

isnt that what a cd drive is for?

Posted by podskater on October 25, 2004 at 4:07 PM (PDT)

If you have a computer you can send me your CDs and I will rip them for $0.50 and put them on a data DVD that has the playlists and everything.  I will also do it for your ipod if you would rather that.  Shipping is your choice and you pay for it.  How do you know your music is safe from me stealing it?  I only listen to gregorian chants on my ipod (3G 20GB). The CD minimum is 50.

Posted by Charlesspy in Denver, CO on December 27, 2004 at 8:50 PM (PDT)

my laptop has deleted all the music on my hard drive when it crashed and died.i have 3.6 days wrth of music on my i-pod but no songs in my i-tunes msic folder orlibary. what can i do to get my music from my i-pod to my library without deleting it all which is what i think i will do unless you help.tried to contact Apple. they did not help much.ne advice?

Posted by needs ipod help on June 13, 2005 at 4:18 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2