New iTrip due early October | iLounge News

New iTrip due early October

In the ongoing saga of when the new iTrip will actually ship, several iLoungers have received emails from Griffin Tech Support stating it would ship about the first or second week in October. Griffin gave no reasons for the delay.

« ZDNet: Should a Windows user buy an iPod?

iPod 40GB for $429 »

Comments

Haha why am i not surprised its dalayed AGAIN.

Posted by Hahaaa on September 25, 2003 at 11:18 PM (PDT)

Griffin Tech really screwed up the whole release of the new iTrip. I put in a order for 2 on the day they were released and have heard nothing form there customer services without me contacting them first. The only times I have heard any info is from this site.

I thin k Griffin Tech should be giving early orderers some kind of discount for twice failing to meet shipping deadlines.

Posted by Mat M on September 26, 2003 at 12:15 AM (PDT)

I agree.  I remember pre-ordering the 1st iTrip and wating and waiting…etc.  Then one day I was down at my local Apple Store, and bam, four iTrips just sitting there.  So why did the Apple Store have stock when I as a pre-ordering customer didn’t have mine.  I bought the one at the Apple Store and canceled my Griffin order.

Posted by Stephen on September 26, 2003 at 1:45 AM (PDT)

i heard they are allready shipping new iTrips in asia…

Posted by no on September 26, 2003 at 3:54 AM (PDT)

Believe it when I see it.

Posted by Randy on September 26, 2003 at 4:29 AM (PDT)

hahaaaaa:

your order is not an early order, just fyi… there were people who ordered it the day it was announced, 2 months before july21, the day it was supposed to be released.

Posted by Ben on September 26, 2003 at 4:50 AM (PDT)

The way it’s going, maybe Christmas?  This year?

What a pathetic f****d up company.  Wonder if they’re in cahoots with iSkin?

Posted by Mr Strat on September 26, 2003 at 7:00 AM (PDT)

Like I said before in another iTrip post...

Guys, I know that it is very easy to blame Griffin for the delay of their product. But, why would any company intentionally delay the release of their product….

As i have said in numerous posts in the forums, (links below) It is not Griffins fault that their product has not yet been released. They can not distribute their product until Apple puts out a new firmware version that will allow the iPod to suply the iTrip with the sufficient voltage it requires.

Think about it, would you want Griffin to release a product that wont yet work with your iPod?

PS I do not work for Griffin, but they do make a quality product and it would be a shame if everyone cancelled their orders and held a grudge against a company that is helpless right now…

Links:

Posted by Austin on September 26, 2003 at 8:11 AM (PDT)

So how difficult is it to post something to this effect on their Web site so people aren’t so pissed off?

Posted by Mr Strat on September 26, 2003 at 8:54 AM (PDT)

The firmware excuse is legit, but why exactly did Griffen start selling the items as if they were just about to ship.

There could’ve been a much clearer “PRE-ORDER” policy—where a loose time frame for delivery is stated and notification is posted online and via e-mails to those who ordered or were interested.

Some marketing director should be demoted for this.

I’ve already canceled my order—so long ago that I can’t remember when—it’s been that long.

Posted by asburnaham on September 26, 2003 at 9:14 AM (PDT)

This makes me sad. I guess “I” am “TRIPPING!!!” HAHAA!!! Get it? I TRIP??

Look, crummy jokes are the only things that are going to get me through my supreme depression. Guess I’ll get rid of the “Welcome Home, iTrip” banner I made in preparation for the delivery.

Posted by Nicholas Howard in Los Angeles, CA on September 26, 2003 at 9:51 AM (PDT)

Firmware…what a lame excuse.  Griffin could provide that with the iTrip.

Griffin is just a tiny outfit with good engineering but poor business sense.  You can not run a business that execute so poorly as to alienate your early custumers.  You can’t build brand loyalty and as soon as someone comes up with a similar design, no one will care about Griffin.

Posted by I Don't Believe Griffin Will Ship Soon on September 26, 2003 at 2:39 PM (PDT)

Face it guys. You want it, I want it, we all want the new iTrip. You ARE going to buy it when it comes out, whether it’s from Griffin, or from a retail outlet. That’s because Griffin makes (or licenses) some pretty cool products. I haven’t heard anyone say, “I give up! I’m buying a Belkin instead.”

My advice: chill; be patient.

Use [url=http://www.changenotes.com]http://www.changenotes.com[/url] to watch the Griffin product page so you know when it starts shipping!

Posted by Gruff-in on September 26, 2003 at 11:09 PM (PDT)

Please read my post in the forums under accesories: in car solutions. Thanks!

Posted by depakote on September 26, 2003 at 11:13 PM (PDT)

Actually, I did go out any buy the Belkin because the iTrip wasn’t available.  When I purchased my 3G 30GB iPod in June, the July release date was perfect - just in time before my travels started in August.

The ill-will with Griffin is not because the iTrip is being released in October, it’s because they have a history of BS in their release dates.  It took a whole year for the first iTrip to actually hit the market.  There’s a pattern here.  People want the product, they’re excited about the product. So much so that they are willing to pre-order.  But that day comes and goes and Griffin can’t bother to inform their customers why there’s a delay?

Frankly, I don’t care what the reason for the delay it.  It’s none of my concern. Just deliver the product on the date you specify.

The Belkin has been a great unit and I’ve taken it across the country and in a number of cities and rental cars.  It’s limited to four frequencies and the cable connection gets irritating at times, so while it’s not the absolutely most incredible transmitter - it’s out there, available and I’ve been able to use it for what I need.  That’s more important to me than every frequency in the spectrum, integrated power and functions when the damn iTrip isn’t even available.

Posted by Mac-A-Matic on September 27, 2003 at 4:36 AM (PDT)

Has nobody else received their new iTrip yet?  My friend ordered two (one for him and one for me) from Griffin like 3 weeks ago and it shipped overnight.  He didn’t even order it the day it was released or anything.  Just ordered it after we got our iPods.  We’ve had our new iTrips (yes, for the 3G iPods, just so that there’s no confusion) for weeks now.

Posted by divine on September 28, 2003 at 1:06 AM (PDT)

Are u sure? For weeks? Why would grffin even do that?

Posted by hahaa on September 28, 2003 at 3:28 AM (PDT)

Yup I’m sure.  It’s sitting next to me right now.  My friend was about to cancel the order, but then they offered to ship them to him overnight.

Posted by divine on September 28, 2003 at 11:11 AM (PDT)

That is ridiculous.  I ordered my itrip on 26th June and I have sent Griffin many emails and had a limited number of responses.  ASked them yesterday when itrip would ship, and guess what…I GOT NO REPSONSE, let alone an offer to have my 3 month order fulfilled.  Have now cancelled my order.

NICE WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS….YOU BUNCH OF TOOLS.

Posted by griffinsucksdogballs on September 30, 2003 at 2:51 PM (PDT)

hi divine, did you really receive the NEW itrip? its hard to believe that…

Posted by re on September 30, 2003 at 7:13 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >