New iTrip To Begin Shipping! | iLounge News

New iTrip To Begin Shipping!

I recieved this email from Griffin Technology this morning

« New Scientist: Innocent file-sharers could appear guilty

Mac: iLinkPod 0.2 beta Released »

Comments

Man, I’ll believe it when I open the box.

Posted by Twitch on October 1, 2003 at 6:44 PM (CDT)

I recieved the same message today. I also will believe it when I open the box.

Posted by Robert Perkins on October 1, 2003 at 7:06 PM (CDT)

yep, i ordered mine on july22… lets hope im pretty high in the list to be first to be shipped to ;)

Posted by dUbit on October 1, 2003 at 7:57 PM (CDT)

My order went in on June 19. I’ll let you know when I recieve shipping info.

Posted by Robert Perkins on October 1, 2003 at 8:52 PM (CDT)

Their web site still has the same old “will be shipping soon” message. What’s with that?
Oh….....and I think I was charged already. Could that be?

Posted by jmc in noitacol on October 1, 2003 at 10:49 PM (CDT)

by “few days” do you think they meant “few weeks”? :)

Posted by joshua on October 1, 2003 at 11:07 PM (CDT)

Like you all, I reserve all excitment until I have the iTrip in my hand!!

This is however an exciting moment, as it is the first email Griffin have sent me updating the shipping news.  BUT still no firm date, so the next email they’ll receive from me, will be to cancel my order.

This thing better be as good as it’s made out to be.

Posted by Andrew Cooke on October 1, 2003 at 11:31 PM (CDT)

got the same email, believe when I see it.

Posted by Mat M on October 2, 2003 at 2:07 AM (CDT)

Lol, same here. we’ll see if the wait was worth it. I believe the light is red in color now isnt it?

Posted by hahaa on October 2, 2003 at 5:09 AM (CDT)

should one be concerned if they have not received the shipping email? I have only received my original order notice back in June.

Posted by Randy on October 2, 2003 at 6:02 AM (CDT)

Randy,
Both times I heard from Griffin, it was because I sent them an email. Thay have not contacted me otherwise.

Posted by Robert Perkins on October 2, 2003 at 6:46 AM (CDT)

Same here Robert…

I actually got this email last week from them after I emailed inquiring on the status.  Not too helpful…

>>>
WE do not have a firm release date for the new iTrip. It will be posted on our website within a week or so as to when it will ship. I do not have any other information for you. We do not know when it will ship. Soon. Within 3 weeks is a good guess.  When it is available to ship we will post it on our website. You will find out the release date of the iTrip much faster by checking our website then by contacting us via e-mail as it generally takes at least 48 hours for us to answer an e-mail and we will post the release date within 24 hours of us knowing when it will be released.
>>>

Posted by Fil on October 2, 2003 at 8:24 AM (CDT)

I’ve had my order in since May and haven’t heard anything yet.

Posted by Mr Strat on October 2, 2003 at 9:09 AM (CDT)

I’ve had my order in since July 2nd, haven’t heard anything either.

Posted by Angry on October 2, 2003 at 11:08 AM (CDT)

I got the e-mail from Griffin, I ordered mine back mid-June, around the same time I ordered one of those car adaptors from extreme mac or whatever.  Both got pushed back in shipping date repeatedly.  I wrote them both just two days ago and got e-mails from both of them.  First from extreme mac saying it would ship soon, and then a shipping notice from UPS with tracking number for it, and then the one from Griffin saying they would ship next week (meaning first or second week of October) so I wrote back complaining about the specifics of my order, so they wrote me back with an order number and told me mine would ship soon and to wait for a shipping e-mail.  Finally.

Posted by enfused on October 2, 2003 at 11:31 AM (CDT)

I ordered mine about three hours after it was posted to the web site, so I’ve been pretty irked and remain wary of the latest story.

When I called this morning (Oct. 2) they gave me a spiel about them being “in the air right now” but we can’t announce until they reach the ground and something else about a “international customs holiday” causing a problem.

They were very careful to tell me not to post or mention this to anyone, but I see its already out there. If this is just another ploy to get us of their backs, I will be even less pleased.

Posted by Montster on October 2, 2003 at 5:40 PM (CDT)

Here’s what I got from Griffin Customer Services on the 2nd of October:

The iTrip NEW is not yet shipping as of this email. It will begin shipping
by the end of the summer - hopefully much sooner. We recommend you check our
website for further shipping updates. The homepage will announce when the
iTrip has finally arrived.

We never charge your credit card until the day that the order ships.

Posted by Aaron on October 2, 2003 at 5:44 PM (CDT)

What does Griffin consider the end of summer?

Posted by Robert Perkins on October 2, 2003 at 7:58 PM (CDT)

Finally got it. I thought it wasn’t working at first, but just realized the LED was especially dim in the outdoors (in my car, raining).

The iTrip Station Finder recommendations are worthless—at least here in the San Antonio area—but the default freq. (87.9) sounds great. Negligible difference between CD player and iTrip sound.

I’d almost say it was worth the wait, but I’ll reserve judgment until after my first long road trip. So far, so good, though.

Posted by Montster on October 8, 2003 at 5:03 PM (CDT)