New Podcast: iLounge Week in Review Special Edition - Panel Discussion on iPod, from Tech Toy to Icon
Now available is the nineteenth iLounge podcast - a Special Edition, recorded at the Portable Media Expo and Podcasting Conference. For more details, click on Read More below.
To download the latest podcast, Subscribe to our iTunes Podcast feed. The download will begin automatically when you subscribe. Past podcasts are available through our iTunes Music Store podcast pages. As always, your comments are welcomed.
In a panel discussion titled, “From Tech Toy to Icon, Music to Multimedia,” iLounge Editor-in-Chief Jeremy Horwitz speaks with iPod development chiefs from leading electronic accessory manufacturers Belkin and Griffin Technology, as well as the US head of Power Support, Japanese developer of the first iPod silicone rubber case. Topics include the history of the iPod and the pre-iPod work done by the companies on the panel, how their businesses have changed, and predictions on where the iPod is going in 2006. Following a Q&A session led by iLounge, all four panelists take questions from the audience. Audio quality is a bit spotty because of the recording devices used by the Expo staff, but we’ve done everything we can to bring this to you in listenable form.
- Apple pushes podcasters to upgrade video quality
- Washington Post offers HD podcasts for Apple TV
- Apple authorizes usage of ‘podcast’ term
- Study: Podcast use rising but small for daily usage
- NBC News video podcasts coming to iTunes
- Podcast Ready releases myPodder with iPod support
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple TV relaunch not coming this year
- Report: Apple eliminating positions of some Beats employees
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks