New Podcast: iLounge Week in Review Special Edition - Panel Discussion on iPod, from Tech Toy to Icon
Now available is the nineteenth iLounge podcast - a Special Edition, recorded at the Portable Media Expo and Podcasting Conference. For more details, click on Read More below.
To download the latest podcast, Subscribe to our iTunes Podcast feed. The download will begin automatically when you subscribe. Past podcasts are available through our iTunes Music Store podcast pages. As always, your comments are welcomed.
In a panel discussion titled, “From Tech Toy to Icon, Music to Multimedia,” iLounge Editor-in-Chief Jeremy Horwitz speaks with iPod development chiefs from leading electronic accessory manufacturers Belkin and Griffin Technology, as well as the US head of Power Support, Japanese developer of the first iPod silicone rubber case. Topics include the history of the iPod and the pre-iPod work done by the companies on the panel, how their businesses have changed, and predictions on where the iPod is going in 2006. Following a Q&A session led by iLounge, all four panelists take questions from the audience. Audio quality is a bit spotty because of the recording devices used by the Expo staff, but we’ve done everything we can to bring this to you in listenable form.
- Apple pushes podcasters to upgrade video quality
- Washington Post offers HD podcasts for Apple TV
- Apple authorizes usage of ‘podcast’ term
- Study: Podcast use rising but small for daily usage
- NBC News video podcasts coming to iTunes
- Podcast Ready releases myPodder with iPod support
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels