New questions added to iPod FAQs | iLounge News

Comments

Nice additions… thanks.

Posted by azdude_15gb on October 2, 2003 at 11:38 AM (CDT)

I have problems with my iPod when i use more tha 250 playlists, would you tell me please waht is the limit number of playlist I can design to order my downloads or how can I extend to more tha 300 playlists? thanks

Posted by Julian Abed on October 3, 2003 at 8:33 PM (CDT)

How does the iPod compare to the Rockbox playlists? I am thinking of buying an iPod and would hate to have to reorganise my playlists. The Archos with Rockbox has no limit to number of playlists (I have a lot!) and these are the playlist performances:

Playlist load speed, songs/sec 3000 - 4000
Max number of songs in a playlist 20 000
Mid Track Resume
Mid-Playlist Resume
On-Device Playlist Creation
Song Queueing

I consider this a minimum acceptable performance.

Posted by Playlists on October 3, 2003 at 9:25 PM (CDT)

Questions like Julian’s and Playlist’s are better asked in the forums - where many can share in the discussion and others will benefit from the answers. Please direct all iPod related questions to the appropriate forums. Thank you.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 3, 2003 at 10:24 PM (CDT)

i am currently re-tagging all my mp3’s on music match. should i erase my ipod before i enter the songs with new tags? if i dont erase the ipod, will i get double tracks?

Posted by von on October 6, 2003 at 9:26 AM (CDT)

Can I add games to my 3g iPod other than just the standard three? Is there a place to download some?

Posted by iBob on October 10, 2003 at 9:22 PM (CDT)

My 30g Ipod has started acting wierd.  When I select a song, it skips the song I have selected and jumps to the next.  This seems to happen randomly.  Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Posted by Lamont O on October 13, 2003 at 10:29 AM (CDT)

I am considering purchasing an ipod but I am concerned about the life of the battery. An Apple technician told me that the only solution when the battery expires is to replace the ipod. Are there any other alternatives?

Posted by ML on October 14, 2003 at 11:41 AM (CDT)

You can replace the iPod battery.
Check here for info:

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 15, 2003 at 9:48 AM (CDT)

I’ve heard there are is some kind of restriction on transferring mp3s from PC(/Mac) to iPod - or is the other way round? ..That it won’t work if the mp3s aren’t of the correct format or something.  Does anyone have a clue what this is I’ve heard and does it mean I can only transfer certain mp3s?  Thanks.

Posted by K on June 15, 2005 at 6:17 PM (CDT)

my ipod beeps. the first few times it happened it was plugged into my laptop for charging and i figured that meant it was fully charged, but then it happened when it was unplugged. does this usually happen or is there something wrong? my ipod froze a while ago and i attempted to reset it by following the directions, but before i could completely reset (i think i only got thru the first step) it finally turned on and has been working fine ever since with the exception of the random beeping. i’ve only had my ipod a few months so it’s not old and hasn’t been bashed around or anything. does anyone know what’s up with the beeping?

Posted by kate on July 3, 2005 at 2:01 AM (CDT)

when i upload a new playlist it blows out the other one ?

Posted by werner on February 2, 2007 at 10:58 PM (CST)

Please help!!! I have an IPOD mini. When I select a specific song on my ipod to play and multiple songs are listed my ipod will boot itself out and go back to the artist selection mood as if I never told it to proceed to a specific song. But I did…

Getting booted out is my concern.

Posted by Tom on June 17, 2007 at 10:31 PM (CDT)

ok. i got the new ipod nano 3rd gen. used it for a few of weeks. now i have a blank screen, and it doesnt matter what i try to do (reset, restore, disk mode, etc.) all it does is beep twice. i have no video or audio. what can it be? can somebody give me a hint. im new with ipod stuff. this is my first one. i will appreciate any help that i can get. thanks in advance.

Posted by Robby on February 8, 2008 at 8:57 PM (CST)

Please enter the word you see in the image below: