New service for loading CD collection into iPod launches | iLounge News

New service for loading CD collection into iPod launches

LoadPod has launched as a new service that takes an iPod user’s entire CD collection and rips it into their iPod for them…so that they don’t have to. LoadPod currently offers local service in several areas including Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Houston, Indianapolis, South Carolina, and Minneapolis, and is bringing local service to new markets daily.  LoadPod will pick up a customer’s iPod or iPod mini, along with their CD collection, from their home or place of work, and then return it to them within five days, fully ripped and loaded…allowing customers to use their time for more valuable things.

« Apple creates new iPod division

Shure E3 earphones for $135 »

Comments

Jimmy Bones…
hehe..good one

“They took my thumb Charley..they took my friggin thumb!”

-Pope of Greenwich Village

Posted by lucky714x on May 20, 2004 at 1:22 PM (PDT)

it’s like free money. if anyone in NYC wants this service, i’ll do it for 20% less.

Posted by murph on May 20, 2004 at 4:23 PM (PDT)

dumb stupid service..

Posted by bonjon on May 20, 2004 at 5:21 PM (PDT)

can someone give me jimme bones’ email address? sounds like a good idea.

Posted by ron on May 20, 2004 at 6:51 PM (PDT)

What if a new iPod owner doesn’t have a computer? Would be a great service then.

Posted by Soi on May 21, 2004 at 1:32 AM (PDT)

I can’t imagine someone being so motivated to get an ipod without having a pc. doesn’t make sense….

if the glove doesn’t fit you must aquit…

Posted by bababooey on May 21, 2004 at 1:39 AM (PDT)

Then you have a very poor imagination.

Why should only those with a pc be interested in the benefits of a hard drive based music player? You don’t need a pc to like music, and certainly don’t need a pc to want the convenience of having all your music with you when you leave the house.

Posted by Soi on May 21, 2004 at 2:08 AM (PDT)

Let’s see… If I were a doctor/laywer, or some other profession and made over $200,000 a year would I want an iPod. Maybe. Would my time be more valuable than spending time ripping cd’s. YES !!!! Would I use a service that someone identified a need for and had enough initiative to go for it. Probably. It’s really pretty simple. Not stupid, not lazy, just better time management based on their needs.

Posted by retro on May 21, 2004 at 5:12 AM (PDT)

Many many a good idea and invention over the centuries have been scoffed at, ridiculed and called folly. And when an idea does work, the same people who scoffed without imagination, then want to copy it for themselves.
What one person calls folly, another makes millions with.

Posted by no folly on May 21, 2004 at 7:34 AM (PDT)

Would I pay $600 to rip my 400 cds to my iPod?  No.

Posted by rip off on May 21, 2004 at 7:39 AM (PDT)

Would I pay $600 to rip my 400 cds to my iPod? No.

By rip off on May 21, 04 9:39 am

“rip off” If you were a millionaire and the price was reasonably would you make the same decision ?

Posted by retro on May 21, 2004 at 8:02 AM (PDT)

I live in Houston and earn more than I’m probably really worth as the CFO of a petrochemical firm. Last week I purchased three new iPods—one for each of my teenage daughters—and 250 CDs from Amazon.com that the girls had compiled on their Amazon “wish lists.” I had all of the CDs (and the three iPods) delivered directly to the local LoadPod folks. The goodies will be sent to the girls in just a couple of days.

Time is money, folks. I don’t have much of the former, but I’ve got plenty of the latter.

Posted by Oil Forever on May 21, 2004 at 7:02 PM (PDT)

I’m sure all of us at one time or another have paid to have something done more quickly or efficiciently than we could’ve done ourselves and in that regard this service is fine.  I think that there are a lot of people who have had a negative reaction to it based on their feelings about their music collection. Personally ripping their collection offers them another opportunity to visit with old friends some of whom may have originally showed up on vinyl.
I guess to these people it would be akin to shipping off all your family photos to a scrapbooking service. Sure its quick and convenient but you miss out on the experience.

Posted by Trix606 on May 22, 2004 at 6:39 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2