New Shure E3c earphones for only $156 | iLounge News

New Shure E3c earphones for only $156

MicrophoneSolutions.com is selling the new Shure E3c for only $156.00. Use coupon code F156E3.

« Toshiba introduces 0.85-inch hard drive

Mac 911 - Secrets of The iPod mini »

Comments

the guys over at microphonesolutions.com has posted the second part of their shure earphone review, now the shure e3c review is out.

microphonesolutions.com review

Posted by ivc in Norway on January 11, 2004 at 1:41 PM (CST)

I’m looking for a new headphone, so anybody plz give me some recommendations on which one to pick!!!  Also, I’m thinking about the new Ipod In-ears headphones, the thing is that is it as good as the original Ipod headphones in term of sound quality.  Thanks a lot !!!!

Posted by ken on January 11, 2004 at 2:20 PM (CST)

I sent my Shure E3cs back. I wanted to like them but they don’t have enough bass for me. The midrange is great, but that’s about it. In fact, it was so midrange-filled that the midrange seemed to drown out the bass and highs. They have a bit of an odd sound. Methinks these would be ideal for vocalists and guitarists since it seems to acccentuate the vocals and guitars.

One test I did was turning on the Bass Booster EQ setting and the Shures did not really sound any different. On my other headphones I can always at least hear some difference. This (unscientifically) leads me to believe that the Shure’s bass response is lacking.

I’m going back to the Sony EX71s. They might have over exaggerated bass but I actually like that. It enables me to run the iPod with EQ off (less distortion) and still enjoy the bass.

Also I could not get used to the fact that on the Shures, you have to insert them upside down with the cable going up over your ear. The cables would always come off for me. You could probably wear them normal, but they aren’t really design to be worn that way.

Posted by Mediahound on January 11, 2004 at 2:33 PM (CST)

Did you make sure you inserted them all the way, snugly? The fact that there wasn’t a difference when using the EQ seems to indicate a bad fit.

Posted by Andy on January 11, 2004 at 6:54 PM (CST)

Yep, I inserted them all the way and even tried the different ear pieces and tried pushing them in real deep until it hurt.

But even if they sounded fine for me I still would not like them due to the upside down design. It made it so it was real work to place them in my ear and drape the cable up over and around my ear. Then while walking the cable would come out of place and not be over and around my ear anymore.

Posted by mediahound on January 11, 2004 at 7:15 PM (CST)

The Futuresonics didn’t need any EQ. One of the 1st things I noticed was that the EQ OFF was the best sound of all. I went and looked at the Shure stuff to hear side by side - no comparison. I’d say give Apple the biz (always a good thing) or just get the Futuresonics for sound and much more comfortable as well. They are really ugly but sound amazing.

Posted by Jockomo on January 12, 2004 at 7:23 AM (CST)

B&H price for them 139.95 !

Posted by david on January 23, 2004 at 5:56 PM (CST)

Wow, I found this searching online. I have Sennheiser IE3s that I got from eBay. Bass is killer! My iPod is my favorite piece and I had no clue how sucky the earphones were until I heard the Sennheiser ones. The Shure ones I heard at Guitar Center were not confortable and sounded like the Apple ones too much. My only gripe is that I need more foamy things but they washed up nicely.

Posted by gadgetgizmoguy on January 26, 2004 at 1:08 PM (CST)

David, where did u get what for 139.95?

Posted by Mijman2 on January 29, 2004 at 2:18 PM (CST)

To Mijman2: if you go to www.bhphotovideo.com and check the price, you will have $179 and “give me a better price”. Click there and call the given number.

Posted by david on January 29, 2004 at 6:05 PM (CST)

Sorry that is the price for Shure E3C earphones.

Posted by david on January 29, 2004 at 6:13 PM (CST)

he probably meant the B&H store, but seems the offer is off now.

Posted by ivc in Norway on January 29, 2004 at 6:38 PM (CST)

Hello all, I nned some help here. I must have large ear canals because the sony EX71 are terrible. After spending about 5 minutes trying to get them to seal properly the are all MIDRANGE. I heard about the E2C and have read your comments. I can get them here in NY for about 70.00 plus tax, having already invested $40 bucks into earphones that are useless, can I get an honest opinion from someone PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Tom on January 30, 2004 at 6:35 AM (CST)

to ivc: the offer is not off. Just call !!

Posted by david on January 30, 2004 at 6:18 PM (CST)

I just got mine yesterday, and they’re awesome! I can tune my girlfriend out (hehe), and the sound quality is excellent. I actually didn’t notice the improvement until I did a comparison; I think there’s a “natural” sound improvement to them. I spent 2 hours last night in bed just listening to my favorite songs again, to see what I’ve been missing.

Posted by Andy on January 31, 2004 at 10:19 AM (CST)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2