New Sports Backpack for Portable Audio Devices | iLounge News

New Sports Backpack for Portable Audio Devices

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Saturday, November 1, 2003
News Categories: iPod Accessories

Athletic iPod users might be interested in pak-man - a new lightweight backpack for use while you’re on the move. Frees up hands and is better than belts and buckles (very last millenium). It looks great with casual and sports clothes, has an ergonomic design and reflective labelling. It’s stretchy fabric moves comfortably with the body. Great sound therapy. It’s an all-new Australian invention, probably inspired by kangaroos. An Internet special is available offering a $34.99 2 for 1 deal.

« New Lajo Xskn Case Preview & Giveaway

E-Commerce News: The Real Cost of Online Music »

Comments

I wouldn’t be caught dead…

Posted by huh? on November 2, 2003 at 6:53 PM (PDT)

yeh, as an aussie i agree with you

Posted by timmy in Melbourne, Australia on November 2, 2003 at 7:33 PM (PDT)

At least I’m having a go!!! Try it you might like it.

Posted by Tammy Sandfield on November 2, 2003 at 7:51 PM (PDT)

How dare you ditch an Aussie product!

But really, I don’t see the need for it, and iPod can fit in a pocket, and you can always stick it in a backpack or a camelback.

Posted by Adam on November 2, 2003 at 7:57 PM (PDT)

So if Australia released a product that looked like s#it and smelled like s#it you would support it just because you’re Australian?...that sounds unreasonable…patriotic…but idiotic.

For what it’s worth, this is a great product for people that don’t have pockets and don’t want to carry a backpack while jogging. Personally, I use a camelbak, but sometimes i don’t need the water and i want to travel light, so this would be the best solution.

Also, this would be better than just sticking your iPod in your pocket. If you think sticking a 400 dollar hard drive in your pocket while jogging is a good idea…then you’d be the loser, or you obviously haven’t jogged enoegh. Items in your pocket recieve the most vibration/shock than anywhere else on your body…next would be your arms when it is swinging. The hip area is A LITTLE better but your torso moves just as much and and recieves just about as much shock as your legs if you aren’t jogging properly. Your upper body is the best place to put your iPod, this product places it in just the right spot.

In my experience, the upperback is the best place for audio devices that are susceptable to shock. I once jogged with my ipod securely attatched to my Camelbak which was centered on my mid/lower back. After a few 10 minute sprints, the iPod skipped. After positioning it higher up on my back, i haven’t experienced any skipping since.

If you guys are gonna say why you like it and why you don’t…at least provide a reasonable explanation…

Posted by ILoveMusic on November 2, 2003 at 10:30 PM (PDT)

oh, I’m sure it would work well - I just think it looks silly.  I keep my ipod in my camelback when mountain biking and it works great…

Posted by huh? on November 3, 2003 at 8:06 AM (PDT)

Would pack-man PLEASE add some images to their site that allow us to actually see their product? What is is with companies that don’t want to really show their products online??? We want higher-res pictures!

Posted by Bademeister on November 3, 2003 at 10:48 AM (PDT)

I’m on to it. Photos will be taken today. Will have them up asap.

Posted by Tammy Sandfield on November 3, 2003 at 12:29 PM (PDT)

ILoveMusic, whats your problem? Do you really care what other people believe? Are you going to change their minds?

If you live in America, then you have something coming if you use the words patriotic and idiotic in the same sentence, and your not talking about your own county.

Posted by Adam on November 3, 2003 at 5:52 PM (PDT)

My problem is that you are pouncing on the dude just cuz he doesn’t like an Aussie product and he happens to be one too.

Here in America, Pontiac released the Aztec. It’s a butt ugly American car and it didn’t sell well because nobody liked it. Are Americans gonna jump on those people because they dissed an American product? Sheeesh..

And i’m not trying to convince anyone. I’m merely expanding why i think the product is a good idea. Take it as you may, i’m not gonna shove it down your throat cuz its from your homeland.

So what do i have commin?

Posted by ILoveMusic on November 3, 2003 at 7:41 PM (PDT)

I couldn’t care less where it comes from, the “but really” kind of gave that away, did it not?

Posted by Adam on November 3, 2003 at 8:31 PM (PDT)

Sorry guys,

didn’t mean for it to turn into an all-time brawl. Just thought someone might like the product that I invented.

Posted by tammy Sandfield on November 4, 2003 at 12:36 AM (PDT)