New watertight, floatable liliPod case announced | iLounge News

New watertight, floatable liliPod case announced

pic

“So whatís a LiliPod?  Glad you asked.  Itís a water resistant, hard shell casing that fits snugly around your iPod.  Itís made from the finest materials.  Engineered to the highest of standards.  And it allows you to safely listen to your iPod during activities never previously possible—from skiing to sailing, mountain biking to beach bumming, and everywhere in between.  The watertight future of iPod protection has arrived.  And itís arrived in swanky style. Available for $34.99.”

« iPod 10GB for $237, 20GB for $370 and 40GB for $463

Teski debuts new iPod roadie case »

Comments

that is really nice looking. just wish they had ‘em for my old school 5 gigger.

Posted by gustafks in Minneapolis on January 16, 2004 at 11:42 AM (PDT)

Its not possible to have it be water tight and then at least have a glass opening over the screen so you could read it?

Posted by Jon in Seattle, WA on January 16, 2004 at 11:51 AM (PDT)

“water resistant” vs “water tight”

if there’s even a chance of my baby getting wet

Posted by dethbrakr in Tacoma, WA on January 16, 2004 at 11:55 AM (PDT)

hmmmmm…..i wonder if i could use it when i swim. i’ve seen some waterproof headphones.

Posted by aswimmer94563 on January 16, 2004 at 2:13 PM (PDT)

It would be better if the plug on the outside supported the remote as well, so there is a way of controlling it while it is in the case.

Then again, considering that it’s designed to be used around water, the stock remote probably shouldn’t be used anyway. It would be great if they built controls into the case that would connect to the remote socket.

Posted by Sraphim on January 16, 2004 at 3:21 PM (PDT)

This is pretty decent for the harsh environments.
However, I would not use such a thing swimming…too bulky.
Personally, I am thinking about buying a cheap iRiver and finding a waterproof rig for swimmng laps. As another mentioned $80 iRiver versus $300+ ipod…::

“water resistant” vs “water tight”

if there’s even a chance of my baby getting wet
Cheers!
~cQ

Posted by ~cQ on January 16, 2004 at 3:28 PM (PDT)

Their website is awesome smile I dig the text.

Posted by Bobo on January 16, 2004 at 4:18 PM (PDT)

Quite witty, indeed.  But I’d like more pictures:  the thing looks promising.

Posted by dethbrakr on January 16, 2004 at 6:09 PM (PDT)

Great opening picture on the site ;p.

Posted by Sam on January 16, 2004 at 7:05 PM (PDT)

i emailed them about the swimmin thing. here’s what i got back

Posted by aswimmer94563 on January 16, 2004 at 7:49 PM (PDT)

So does it fit the 10 & 15 gig ipods or the fatter 20 & 40 gig ones? If it’s bigg enough for the bigger ones, I would think that the smaller ones would bounce around, or at least would not be snug.

Posted by John on January 16, 2004 at 10:08 PM (PDT)

Well, you could always put something inside to stop a smaller one from moving around…

Posted by stark23x on January 16, 2004 at 10:40 PM (PDT)

“We cannot warranty protection if submerged for large amounts of time, however people do swim with them. I recommend you test the case empty during one of your swims to make sure you are comfortable with its protection. If you’re not happy you can return the case for a refund.”

If it leaks, you’ve got a lot more to worry about than getting a refund - you’ve also got a destroyed iPod.

Posted by TommyT in Birmingham, AL on January 17, 2004 at 5:12 AM (PDT)

Looks like a good product but I wish I could get into the site, f**king windows machine.  Flash is install yet it still just reroutes me there everytime I try to look at the site.

Posted by Jack on January 17, 2004 at 5:53 AM (PDT)

that’s not your computer’s fault, that’s bad coding on their side, Jack.

looks cool. Would be good for being out in the snow… no melted white stuff soaking into my pocket and harming my precious.

Posted by jc on January 17, 2004 at 9:17 AM (PDT)

aswimmer,

Where’d you see the waterproof headphones?

Posted by drewmcd24 on January 17, 2004 at 10:57 AM (PDT)

hey ~cQ what is a waterproof rig for swimmng laps im an avid swimmer and very interested in it. please respond

Posted by Nene on January 17, 2004 at 3:09 PM (PDT)

For something that looks as awesome as this (and compared to the outrageous prices some cases come with), it looks great!!

Posted by williamseymour in shrewsbury, UK on January 18, 2004 at 4:13 AM (PDT)

hmmmm….i can’t remember where i found them. try seachin the forums or google. I know it’s possible, speedo made one. you can find it here http://www.swimoutlet.com/product.asp?3=943
it appears to be discontinued though.

Posted by aswimmer94563 on January 18, 2004 at 11:26 AM (PDT)

I would be so freaked out if I did that.

I was hoping there would be a video or something of someone throwing the iPod encased in a liliPod into a lake, and then someone going to get it… that would be cool to see.

Posted by Bryan on January 18, 2004 at 11:51 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >