New watertight, floatable liliPod case announced | iLounge News

New watertight, floatable liliPod case announced

pic

“So what

Comments

that is really nice looking. just wish they had ‘em for my old school 5 gigger.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 16, 2004 at 1:42 PM (CST)

Its not possible to have it be water tight and then at least have a glass opening over the screen so you could read it?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 16, 2004 at 1:51 PM (CST)

“water resistant” vs “water tight”

if there’s even a chance of my baby getting wet

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 16, 2004 at 1:55 PM (CST)

hmmmmm…..i wonder if i could use it when i swim. i’ve seen some waterproof headphones.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 16, 2004 at 4:13 PM (CST)

It would be better if the plug on the outside supported the remote as well, so there is a way of controlling it while it is in the case.

Then again, considering that it’s designed to be used around water, the stock remote probably shouldn’t be used anyway. It would be great if they built controls into the case that would connect to the remote socket.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 16, 2004 at 5:21 PM (CST)

This is pretty decent for the harsh environments.
However, I would not use such a thing swimming…too bulky.
Personally, I am thinking about buying a cheap iRiver and finding a waterproof rig for swimmng laps. As another mentioned $80 iRiver versus $300+ ipod…::

“water resistant” vs “water tight”

if there’s even a chance of my baby getting wet
Cheers!
~cQ

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 16, 2004 at 5:28 PM (CST)

Their website is awesome :) I dig the text.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 16, 2004 at 6:18 PM (CST)

Quite witty, indeed.  But I’d like more pictures:  the thing looks promising.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 16, 2004 at 8:09 PM (CST)

Great opening picture on the site ;p.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 16, 2004 at 9:05 PM (CST)

i emailed them about the swimmin thing. here’s what i got back

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 16, 2004 at 9:49 PM (CST)

So does it fit the 10 & 15 gig ipods or the fatter 20 & 40 gig ones? If it’s bigg enough for the bigger ones, I would think that the smaller ones would bounce around, or at least would not be snug.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 17, 2004 at 12:08 AM (CST)

Well, you could always put something inside to stop a smaller one from moving around…

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 17, 2004 at 12:40 AM (CST)

“We cannot warranty protection if submerged for large amounts of time, however people do swim with them. I recommend you test the case empty during one of your swims to make sure you are comfortable with its protection. If you’re not happy you can return the case for a refund.”

If it leaks, you’ve got a lot more to worry about than getting a refund - you’ve also got a destroyed iPod.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 17, 2004 at 7:12 AM (CST)

Looks like a good product but I wish I could get into the site, f**king windows machine.  Flash is install yet it still just reroutes me there everytime I try to look at the site.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 17, 2004 at 7:53 AM (CST)

that’s not your computer’s fault, that’s bad coding on their side, Jack.

looks cool. Would be good for being out in the snow… no melted white stuff soaking into my pocket and harming my precious.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 17, 2004 at 11:17 AM (CST)

aswimmer,

Where’d you see the waterproof headphones?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 17, 2004 at 12:57 PM (CST)

hey ~cQ what is a waterproof rig for swimmng laps im an avid swimmer and very interested in it. please respond

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 17, 2004 at 5:09 PM (CST)

For something that looks as awesome as this (and compared to the outrageous prices some cases come with), it looks great!!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 18, 2004 at 6:13 AM (CST)

hmmmm….i can’t remember where i found them. try seachin the forums or google. I know it’s possible, speedo made one. you can find it here http://www.swimoutlet.com/product.asp?3=943
it appears to be discontinued though.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 18, 2004 at 1:26 PM (CST)

I would be so freaked out if I did that.

I was hoping there would be a video or something of someone throwing the iPod encased in a liliPod into a lake, and then someone going to get it… that would be cool to see.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on January 18, 2004 at 1:51 PM (CST)