NFB PixStop allows users to create stop-motion animated films
The National Film Board of Canada has released NFB PixStop, a new app designed for shooting and scoring stop-motion animation films on the iPad 2. NFB PixStop allows users to capture up to 10,000 images to create stop-motion films up to 13 minutes in length and add background music titles and descriptions. Finished videos can be exported to the iOS camera roll for sharing via e-mail or uploading to YouTube. Inspired by the stop-motion animation workshops offered at the Toronto Mediatheque and Montreal CineRobotheque, NFB PixStop is designed to be educational as well as creative, offering three short tutorials by NFB experts covering principles of animation, creating a flipbook and storyboarding; integrated help also explains all of the application’s functions and a sample movie is included to get users started. NFB PixStop is available from the Canadian App Store as a free download, or from the U.S. and other International App Stores for around $3.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards