NFL releases apps for Super Bowl XLVI
The NFL has released three official iOS apps for this year’s Super Bowl XLVI. Super Bowl XLVI Official NFL Game Program (free) for iPad has been updated for this year’s event packing over 400MB of exclusive NFL video and other multimedia content plus additional interactive content chronicling the Giants’ and Patriots’ road to the championship, along with memories of past Super Bowls and key moments from the 2011 season. This app is for the iPad only and requires iOS 4.3 or later.
The SB SLVI Guide is a free universal app designed for those attending the event in person, providing a detailed guide to local restaurants, nightlife and official Super Bowl events, along with a 3D map of Indianopolis and an interactive 3D map of Lucas Oil Stadium for game day. The app also provides a connection to NFL Huddle to follow the social media buzz around the event and features to mark your parking spot and help find the right seating section in the stadium. This universal app requires iOS 4.3 or later.
Lastly, the Super Bowl XLVI Commemorative App ($3) for the iPad provides in-depth content for fans of the Super Bowl series including each team’s road to Super Bowl XLVI, a breakdown of the game, written recaps and key stats and bonus feature content including all-time, all-star teams and Super Bowl history. This Commemorative app will also be updated with additional bonus features once the game is over to include official video highlights of the game along with interviews, pictures, animated plays, stadium shots and more. The app is iPad only, requires iOS 4.3 and is currently on sale for a pre-game discount price of $3.
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Carousel, Fleksy, Modern Combat 5: Blackout, Workflow, Shazam, SimCity BuildIt
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014