Nike Amp+ bracelet remote for iPod revealed | iLounge News

Nike Amp+ bracelet remote for iPod revealed

image

The Men’s Health 2007 Tech Guide has revealed another new Nike product made just for iPods. The Nike Amp+ is a wrist strap for runners that integrates a wireless remote for controlling an iPod and the Nike+iPod Sport Kit. The magazine prices the Nike Amp+ at $80; no release date is given.

“Playlist miscues can ruin a run. That’s the impetus behind this wrist-mounted Bluetooth remote, which lets you brows through songs on your iPod or check your run times without fumbling with the player,” writes Men’s Health. “It syncs up with the Nike+iPod running system via a Bluetooth wireless connection, displaying information on an illuminated LED readout hidden beneath the matte-finish face of the bracelet. Just stash your iPod in your pocket—no more fiddling with the sweat-slicked dial.” [via TUAW]

« Fox Reality to offer free premieres on iTunes Store

Nike offers customizable backpack with iPod controls »

Comments

does this mean that it only works with the nano?

Posted by Tim on November 27, 2006 at 1:15 PM (PDT)

Bluetooth? The Nike+iPod receiver (or is it a transceiver?) uses a proprietary form of 802.11, I thought. It would be cool if they had been planning this from the start and it works with the current Sport Kit.

Posted by Ted Wood on November 27, 2006 at 1:29 PM (PDT)

Posted by dasmegabyte on November 27, 2006 at 2:41 PM (PDT)

yea, my main concern too would be if it works with just the nano or any docking ipod?

Posted by norwscaper on November 27, 2006 at 2:44 PM (PDT)

Sweet. I want one

Posted by unreal on November 27, 2006 at 3:47 PM (PDT)

this may be the first clue for a bluetooth nano, or a new nike+ kit

Posted by JT on November 27, 2006 at 4:15 PM (PDT)

if you read the article closely, it says it controls the ipod through the ipod sports kit, which works only with the ipod nano…

Posted by hi on November 27, 2006 at 6:15 PM (PDT)

It’s great. I’d buy one.

Posted by ddsd on November 28, 2006 at 10:07 PM (PDT)

“As a married but childless male skilled laborer in a technical field (aged 25-30), I am deeply conscious of both style and health.  I may utilize my sizable disposable income to purchase this accessory.”  What kind of freakin’ comment is that! Gosh!!!  Just write something like “i’ll get it cause it is stylish and cool”.

Posted by iPodLuvr2DaMax on November 30, 2006 at 7:23 PM (PDT)

Ummm, my nano is ALREADY on my wrist in a Marware Sportsuit Relay, and protected from sweat by a plastic shield - so why would I need a remote control on that very same wrist?  Seems like overkill and overpriced.

Posted by Debra on December 1, 2006 at 11:29 AM (PDT)