Nike and Polar intro Nike+ heart rate monitor
Nike and Polar have teamed up to introduce the new Polar WearLink wireless heart rate monitor. Made to work with the Nike+iPod system, the WearLink is worn around the user’s chest and wirelessly transmits heart rate data to the Nike+iPod Sport Kit, or to the Nike+ Sportband. Users can then hear spoken feedback of their beats per minute (BPM) during a Nike+iPod workout; this data can also be transferred to the nikeplus.com website. In addition, the WearLink uses 5kHz transmission technology for use with select Polar training computers. The first evidence of a Nike+ compatible heart rate monitor was found within a new Nike + iPod User Guide that was posted to Apple’s site in September 2009. The Polar WearLink will be available this month in the U.S. for $70, with Canadian and European launches to follow in July.
Editor’s Note: Comments to this article have been closed based on astroturfing by the scumbags at iTMP/Digifit, who attempted to use this story to promote competing products to Polar’s. We strongly advise readers never to do business with companies that engage in deceptive marketing practices such as astroturfing, which attempt to create the false impression of grass roots interest in products using comments submitted to web sites.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?