Nike intros iPod-ready Hatphones Cap | iLounge News

Nike intros iPod-ready Hatphones Cap

image

Nike is offering a new cold weather cap designed to hold and control an iPod nano. “Move, groove, and stay warm in the Nike Men’s Soft Shell Therma-FIT Hatphones Cap,” says the company. “This cozy, comfortable skullcap features full functional Nano click wheel controls through a power mesh window in back so you can keep moving while mixing up your music.” It’s unclear whether the cap will hold a nano with a Nike+iPod Sport Kit adapter attached. The Nike Hatphones Cap sells for $60 and is available in black, grey, blue and red.

« V-Moda debuts earphones for (PRODUCT) RED iPod nano

Vaja intros Caddie iPod case »

Comments

Whoa!  Sixty bucks for a skullcap?  Plus, I’m not sure I want to look any more like a geek by having a Nano along with the attendant white wires dangling from the back of my head and routing back up to my ears.  Kinda weird…and, did I mention it costs $60 bucks!

Posted by Obadiah on February 1, 2007 at 3:12 PM (CST)

The $60 has to be a misprint; even $30 seems high for this.

For $15 I might consider it if you can use the nano w/ the Nike+iPod receiver…

Ron

Posted by Ron R on February 1, 2007 at 3:48 PM (CST)

I saw it a Macy’s a couple of weeks ago for 40% off.

Posted by rob on February 1, 2007 at 3:58 PM (CST)

Trust FDS to discount a product that is about to on a new life.

Posted by ryan10ad on February 1, 2007 at 4:20 PM (CST)

And caps are easy to steal—iPod in cap would be an enticer!

Posted by Chris G on February 1, 2007 at 5:05 PM (CST)

It is $60 MSRP.  My wife got me one for >50% off at Sports Authority here in the Puget Sound area before Christmas last year.  It does fit a nano with sports kit adaptor since it fits into the cap upside down.

Posted by myko on February 1, 2007 at 5:50 PM (CST)

Ahh, this looks just like the Nike hat I’ve had for at least 2 or 3 months now. It’s awesome. Has built in headphone what sound great, and of coarse holds the nano with the Nike+ kit in it.

Posted by Brett Belcastro on February 1, 2007 at 6:18 PM (CST)

This is great! I’ve been selling the exact same item since 2002, and even appeared on QVC with it in Jan. 2005. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78uQKjDsx64)

My company is called Hearmuff Inc., and you’d better believe this will help in my marketing efforts! My price point is much better, and my hats are more stylish.
Thanks, Nike!

Posted by Alan Roberts on February 8, 2007 at 3:36 PM (CST)