Nike iPod watch details, photos leaked
Following up on its successful Nike + iPod Sport Kit, Nike plans to release a series of at least two and perhaps three hybrid watch and wireless remote control accessories for Nike + iPod Sport Kit-equipped iPod nanos, iLounge has learned. One is Flight+, a sophisticated digital wrist watch and wireless remote control, while another is Amp+, a less complex watch design previously disclosed in an issue of Men’s Health magazine, but now fully detailed by an iLounge reader. A third model, Aero+, appears to be destined for iPod release as well; as of press time, iLounge is awaiting additional details from Nike.
Planned for release on May 1 of this year, Flight+ ($129, shown above) is a wireless iPod remote control with a complete digital wristwatch as its body. In a novel design, Flight+‘s music controls, such as volume and track adjustment, are built into a rocking bezel around its central Electroluminescent (EL) backlit watch screen. Available in two colors, this watch will feature standard time, date, and chronometer features, including alarms, plus the ability to trigger the Nike + iPod Sport Kit’s voice feedback feature.
Previously disclosed to Men’s Health by Nike, the upcoming Amp+ is a bracelet-styled remote control with a stripped-down subset of Flight+‘s features. Amp+ includes its own integrated LED display with the ability to display either time or iPod control status, an iPod shuffle-styled control pad to let users change tracks, adjust volume, and play/pause songs on the iPod, and special Sport Controls to call up the Sport Kit’s special voice feedback and PowerSong features.
Like Flight+, Amp+ is listed as a May 1, 2007 release, but this model is shown in five different colors - two pinks, two reds, and an orange - each at an $79 price. Though the majority of its body appears to be made from plastic, Amp+ is described as using a solid stainless steel double action clasp to seal shut on the wearer’s wrist.
A third watch called Aero+ also appears to be in the offing for iPod owners. Shown in two differently colored versions, Aero+ appears to be a men’s version of the Flight+ design, with a larger body, more rugged look, and similar wireless remote and clock functionality. Neither pricing nor a projected release date are listed for this model.
The three watches appear to be part of a larger move by Nike into the Sport Kit Sensor-ready watch business - including steps to be taken without Apple. Two additional products, the Nike Speed+ Kit for Men, and the Nike Speed+ Kit for Women, are each apparently planned to ship in two colored versions, packaged along with a Nike+-branded USB receiver and Nike+ Sensor for $129. These Speed+ watches eliminate the need for an iPod to store your performance data, instead transferring the shoe-mounted Sensor’s distance, pace, elapsed time and calorie details to the watch’s simple built-in LCD screen and memory chip, then sending the saved data to the USB receiver and your computer. Without an iPod, both music and voice feedback will be missing. The Speed+ Kits will also be available at the beginning of May.
- Apple issues voluntary recall for certain AC wall plug adapters
- CES: CableJive, Macally + Puregear
- CES: Just Mobile, Parrot, Tylt + Zagg
- CES: Edifier, Jaybird, Kanex, Phiaton, Phonesuit + Sphero
- Braven intros new speakers at CES, including the BRV-XXL and BRV-BLADE LE
- PhotoFast introduces MemoriesCable 1M
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Apple to begin taking broken iPhones for trade-in, offer in-store screen protector installation
- Apple ordered to pay $625M to VirnetX in patent case
- Apple Pay reaches 2 million retail locations
- Apple acquires security company LegbaCore
- Zagg to acquire Mophie for $100 million
- Report: iPhone 7 to include flush camera lens, drop rear antenna bands
- Report: iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 set for March 15 unveil
- Alleged iPad Air 3 drawing shows Smart Connector, four speakers, camera flash
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!