Nike releases iPod nano armband | iLounge News

Nike releases iPod nano armband

image

imageNike recently introduced its first iPod-specific accessory. The Nike Sport Armband, designed to hold an iPod nano during exercising or other activity, is made with lightweight Nike Pro Compression fabric and Dri-FIT material and is machine washable. The $40 armband is available in two color combinations (gray/orange and black/gray) and two sizes (small/medium and medium/large). Nike is also marketing the case to iPod shuffle owners.

« Apple offers giveaway to celebrate iTunes milestone in Europe

Fox, Clear Channel eye iTunes distribution deals »

Comments

this is kinda cool i like the design even tho it looks kinda big… but it just look comfortable

Posted by Erik on December 2, 2005 at 11:19 AM (CST)

Still hoping iMojo brings a product to market for the Nano.  Their shuffle product is excellent and very competitively priced.  Nike is great, but this is on the expensive side.

Posted by runningman on December 2, 2005 at 12:06 PM (CST)

Very expensive and for cloth items like this it’s nice to have two. They get smelly pretty quick so you need one to wear while the other is getting washed.

Posted by klwdallas on December 2, 2005 at 2:42 PM (CST)

This is not the first Nike ipod specific product. You can design you own case for either the mini or 20, 40, or 60 GB with click wheel at Niketown.com

Posted by Julie Heck on December 2, 2005 at 5:57 PM (CST)

$40 for this - admittedly attractively styled - piece of cloth is arguably the most outrageous exploitation attempt thus far. Way to go, Nike!

Posted by wired in L.A. on December 2, 2005 at 8:11 PM (CST)

Wouldn’t a simple clip on the back of nano, or a plastic holster clip, make a LOT more sense?  This is something blatantly missing from the nano line.  Also it’s better to have the cord be in line with your body than your arm - less likely to get caught.

Posted by Allen on December 2, 2005 at 9:45 PM (CST)

Well, I don’t know how well this would work for me as my bulging arm muscles simply do not provide a flat enough surface for the nano not to be snapped in half. ;)

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on December 2, 2005 at 11:49 PM (CST)

ummm… does she have that earphone in the wrong goddamn ear?  i can’t believe they’d get that wrong, besides the fact it doesn’t even look like they’re plugged in…

Posted by Craig on December 3, 2005 at 9:22 AM (CST)

Craig,

She has the wire behind her back and it is plugged-in. The photograph is excellent and professionally done, as are all of Nike’s photographs. I prefer the shuffle as a workout player.

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on December 3, 2005 at 12:21 PM (CST)

I have the armband and I think I might return it.  The problem I have is that the hole for the nano to go through is at the center and bottom of the armband.  The problem with the hole being in the center is that the headphone jack is on the bottom right of the nano.  The fabric covering the nano body rides up because the hole gets dragged over to make way for the headphone cord.  I don’t have a picture of the exact situation, but I have provided a review in the nano case forum on ilounge found here:

Posted by jkads on December 3, 2005 at 12:54 PM (CST)

that’s not what i’m looking at.  i understand the wire is wrapped around her back.  you can tell which earphone is which by where the plastic “wire tube” is on the bud.  it’s clearly the right.

it’s a very good photo, which is why i’m surprised they’d miss this.  it’s kinda like the huge xbox banner outside the nebraska furniture mart featuring two kids playing with N64 controllers.

Posted by Craig on December 4, 2005 at 1:18 PM (CST)

Craig,

I see what you mean. Two things: 1) either the photo has been mirrored and retouched (nano screen situated properly) for the sake of better composition or 2) the model made a mistake or wears the iPod earbuds reserved the way I do. The Apple earbuds actually perform better—for me—reserved, but I’m different anyway.

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on December 4, 2005 at 1:47 PM (CST)

reserved? do you mean reversed? u typed it wrong…fair enough… but twice?? lol

Posted by claire on December 11, 2005 at 11:54 AM (CST)

The Nano case from Apple leaves the Ipod open and exposed to scratch after scratch.  This complete cover is definitely better.

Posted by Nicole on December 12, 2005 at 5:52 PM (CST)

Ihave only been able to find this in med/large. Is there somewhere that gives measurements so that I can order the correct size online?

Posted by melina on December 24, 2005 at 10:48 PM (CST)

When are they gonna come out with a cool case like this for the IPOD Video??
Does anyone make a case like this for the IPOD Video?

Posted by Seth Dressekie on December 30, 2005 at 9:59 AM (CST)

The box said M-L; but I am wondering if the larger one was actually inside as it feels a little tight and although I am 6’2” my arms are normal-sized.

How can you tell?  All it says on the armband is the following:  BA-1872 RN56323

Posted by andy on January 1, 2006 at 11:50 AM (CST)

This looks hot.I love it but I just got the ipod video I need one that is made for that. All the other similar products I have found that are made for the video ipod are CHEEZY! Come on Nike keep up.

Posted by KGardner on March 23, 2006 at 1:28 PM (CST)

I bought one of these in the states last year, now I would not want to place my nano in anything else whilst I excercise. Recomend it to any one. A**************************

Posted by Richie on July 13, 2006 at 4:58 AM (CDT)

hi all,

I live in the Netherlands and I am interested in this armband or better yet in this one:

Anyone know where to buy these armbands online??

Regards

Posted by 123soccer on July 30, 2006 at 5:57 AM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >