Nintendo developing official Pokemon app for iOS
Gaming site Kotaku is reporting that Nintendo is planning to release its first iOS app in the form of a Pokémon title. The game Pokémon Say Tap? BW will be a rhythm-based game where players will tap on-screen Pokémon cards in time with the music. The game is scheduled to be released this summer as a free download and will require iOS 4.3 or later, suggesting it will be compatible only with the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, third- and fourth-generation iPod touch and iPad. This is particularly noteworthy as it represents the first sign of the company’s departure from its prior policy of releasing its mainstream titles exclusively for its own hardware. The game is being published by The Pokémon Company, the Nintendo affiliate responsible for the Pokémon brand, rather than by Nintendo itself and it is not yet clear whether the app will be released only in Japan or available internationally.
- An Octave Higher, Broken Age, Week Weather, Apple Store, Amazon Instant Video + more
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- OpenTV sues Apple for alleged patent infringement
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?