Noreve announces new leather case for 5G iPod | iLounge News

Noreve announces new leather case for 5G iPod

imageNoreve has announced its Tradition B leather case for the fifth-generation iPod. Available for both the 30GB and 60GB iPod, the case features a screen protector, chamude interior lining, and metal hook. It provides access to all controls and ports, and comes in four colors—black, pink, ocean blue and white. The Noreve Tradition B leather case for the 5G iPod is priced at $45 and will be available next month.

« Analyst: ‘Google Tunes’ could be next iTunes competitor

Report: Microsoft planning iPod rival »

Comments

The Ocean Blue color looks interesting, although the website doesn’t provide a close-up of it. They only provide a close-up of the pink. I don’t quite like the stitching, especially around the display. And it really looks like a Vaja knock-off especially with them putting their logo in the EXACT SAME PLACE.

Posted by Tenchi211 in California on January 26, 2006 at 3:08 PM (CST)

Ho Hum. I couldn’t stifle my yawn upon seeing yet another generic iPOD leather case.  The least they could do is protect the botom corners.

Posted by mohan on January 26, 2006 at 3:19 PM (CST)

So I’ve had my 5th-gen since the day they were available, and I still have not found a case I like.  All I want is a simple slipcase like the one that came with the 3rd-gen iPods.  A simple slipcase, black, with belt clip.  No big flaps, no velcro, no clear screen thingy, just a simple case.  What sucks is that incase makes a *perfect* one, but for some stupid reason it’s only for the 30gig variety.

Posted by m. sherman on January 26, 2006 at 3:25 PM (CST)

This doesn’t really look any better than the Case-Ari case (which I’m thinking of getting because I can’t find a better one).  I’ve had a really hard time finding a case that fits my 5g 60gb and that I like.  I’ve tried the DLO Podfolio which does not fit the 60GB 5G no matter what the box says (too tight and the screen and wheel is off center).  If they made a version specifically for the 60gb, I’d get that (even though I hate the belt clip).  I’m using the Belkin flip case now, which at least fits the 60GB, but I’ll be taking it back to Circuit City.  The plastic nub used to close the case is clunky and hard to use.  The other main problem is that the built-in screen protector gets really dirty, and I prefer no built in plastic screen.  I make my own screen protectors from old Writeright PDA versions I’ve gotten (usually discounted at Radio Shack and the Office Depot type stores).  The Palm M130 is working for me now and it’s clearer than most of the protectors I’ve tried that were “designed” for the Ipod.  One additional problem with the Belkin is that the top part of the case is slightly too wide vertically and chops off part of the screen at the top.  Granted, it’s not much, but still annoying.  My perfect case would be: black leather flip with magnetic closure and no belt clip (or removable), no integrated screen protector, headphone and dock holes, soft felt inside for easy scratch reducing removal, and to have it actually fit the 60gb.

Posted by rgs2 on January 27, 2006 at 10:34 AM (CST)

Rgs2, there is one case that fits the description of a “perfect” case. http://www.knomobags.com .
They will release a specialized model for the 60gb shortly. The only problem is the shipping which is £15, but I think they made an error there since they usually sell larger products.
Otherwise I would recommend the Orbino case.

Posted by Forsmark on January 28, 2006 at 12:17 PM (CST)

let me say that the noreve cases are one of the best in the market (leather is great, design ...) for reasonable price and most of all shipping cost are not high.

Posted by Hector on January 29, 2006 at 8:01 AM (CST)

Forsmark, Thanks for the Knomobags link.  That does look exactly like what I’m looking for (never heard of them before).  I’ll keep checking for a 60gb specific version in “Limo”.  Good timing because I was just about to get the Case-Ari tonight out of frustration.  I never really thought about a case that only goes up to the video screen instead of framing it, but the case looks cool.  I’m temporarily using the Belkin kickstand case (which is terrible) until I can get something (third case I’ve test driven).  Glad I bought the white ipod so I’m not as concerned about body scratches (which is happening from all of the sliding in and out.  My old 3g 20gb I gave my mom looks great until you tilt it into the light while my son’s black nano looks like it’s been through a war (and he keeps a silicone case on it usually).

Posted by rgs2 on January 29, 2006 at 5:36 PM (CST)